Next Team NINJA game?

• Dead or Alive 7

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Ninja Gaiden 4

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Nioh 3

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
I Think, We Can Expect New NG Game Soon, And DOA In 2026 (30 Years Of Series) And Last 3 parts came Out In Between 6 - 7 Years. If DOA 6 - 2019, Maybe reboot Will Come In 2026 ?

My Personal Wishes
Hitomi Must be Close To Her Classic Apperance In Her Look, Style Of Clothing And Manners.
Minimum Magic Shit And Focus On Realistic Combat Styles (Like Always, Almost).
preservation of the symbolic presentation of the plot (all This Meanings In Names, costumes symbols etc). Japanese Devs Know How It Works, they make It Good.
Japanese Jiu Jitsu Character In Roster. Cause Good 3D Fighting Game Not Use Jiu Jitsu Till This Days. (It s Weird, But True).
All Classic Characters From Doa 1 - 4 Without DLC Shit From The Start.
Good Online Lobby And Netcode From Start Of Sales
Stages Please. DOA Has Many GOOD Stages In Series, Please Make It Good, And Not Like In DOA 6.
Bring Back Names Of Techniques Of Characters In Training Mode. Bring Back Combo Challenges And Tag Mode Features.
Make Not Less Than Four Begin\Win Poses For Every Character From The Start Of The Game Without DLC. Bring Back Unique Win Poses\quotes Depends On Characters and Their Relationships.
Survival Mode More Hard Than In DOA 5.
Focus On Balance Of Fighting System and No This One Button Super Techniques Or Make It More Complexed To Perform, Or Limited Their Use To Once Per Battle (Not Round). Mindgame Above All. Make It One Button Super Techniques Switchable In Game Settings (Good For Tournaments I Think).
Focus On Tournaments After Release Of The Game. Maybe Even Make Your Own DOA competition\tournament.
Hear The Fans Offers AFTER release Of Game Not Earlier (DOA 6 - we Know the Story).
I Wanna See Genra, Raido, Shiden And Hitomi s Father As Playable DLC Characters.
Parthnership With Other Fighting Series For DLC It s Good For My Opinion.

gfg$

Still think that there are both reboots in works, since Yasuda was on that presentation himself and he knew what they planned to reveal during that event and having slide with pictures of DOA and Ninja Gaiden and text "Reboot of popular series " means exactly what it means and we can expect news on DOA and Ninja Gaiden soon. And I don't think that newswriter is overthinking and confusing people here
Thank you @deathofaninja

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Can you stop this delusion? DOA is DEAD. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can move on.

Coming from you telling me that it's dead doesn't tell me anything at all. There is no delusion to stop; these are Yasuda's words - not mine.

Do I think NINJA GAIDEN will come out first? Probably, but who knows. When TN announces that it's never coming back, I will then accept its death, but until then I will not.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Coming from you telling me that it's dead doesn't tell me anything at all. There is no delusion to stop; these are Yasuda's words - not mine.

Do I think NINJA GAIDEN will come out first? Probably, but who knows. When TN announces that it's never coming back, I will then accept its death, but until then I will not.

h0nHLCk.png

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I always read that tweet as being the final straw for Shimbori to retire.

Now it's possible Yasuda wanted to change course and instead of making an updated DOA6/7 just to do a full on reboot.

But I have to agree with grap3. For all intents and purposes DOA as a fighting game series is dead. There is zero indication of anything in the works and even what Yasuda is saying is nowhere close to being some kind of confirmation a future DOA is planned. You have to be on a max dosage of hopium to believe it.

As a fan of the series and 3D fighters in general, it is depressing. The worst thing that ever happened was Koei. I swear both NG3 and DOA5/6 were kneecapped because Koei was jealous since all they have are shitty/unremarkable properties. Ninja Gaiden is immortal. One of the truly great series on the NES and TN's version of Ryu is iconic. The Izuna Drop too of course.

I guess there is nobody left at TN that wants to fight for a new DOA game to be made.

EDIT: No game company is ever going to say one of their intellectual properties is dead.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

My Personal Wishes
* Japanese Jiu Jitsu Character In Roster.
*All Classic Characters From DOA 1 - 4
*Bring Back Names Of Techniques Of Characters In Training Mode. Bring Back Combo Challenges And Tag Mode Features.
*I Wanna See Genra, Raido, Shiden And Hitomi's Father As Playable DLC Characters.
*Parthnerships With Other Fighting Series For DLC. (Not counting SNK)
I like the idea of adding a Japanese ju-jitsu character to the roster. Sounds like a nice change of pace. Since subjectivity is a bit of a dirty word to some on this site, I'll be nice and say that these ideas sound good, at least in theory.

Can you stop this delusion? DOA is DEAD. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you can move on.
Dead to you, at least. I would say the operating word is "dormant", since everything seems to be under our collective radar. So, I'll at least take your words with a grain of salt.
There is no delusion to stop; these are Yasuda's words - not mine.
Contrary to what you might think, I actually don't mind Yasuda as a person. He seems to be very trustworthy, even with all of the messing around we've been doing over the past 5 years. Problem is that other than the Xbox or Game Pass stuff, I don't think he'd see eye-to-eye on the series with you.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
I think the scary part is, even if someone did pick up the role and create a new Doa game.
Would people even like it? Because you'll just have another person who doesn't have freedom to make whatever they want.
They can make a new NG for sure id say let them work on that first.

gfg$

TA: After Rise of the Ronin which is being handled by Team NINJA, Koei Tecmo, and PlayStation Studios, is there any plan for Team NINJA to return to its classic franchises like NINJA GAIDEN and DEAD OR ALIVE?

MH: While we have no plans at the moment, the NINJA GAIDEN and DEAD OR ALIVE are IPs that are important to us, so we are always considering the possibility.

They always have no plans.. Let's just wait their next reveal after Rise of the Ronin. Even that "leaker" said that they are working on NG

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
You are sourcing someone that believes Ninja Gaiden is coming out next which has been part of my argument.

I think the scary part is, even if someone did pick up the role and create a new Doa game.
Would people even like it? Because you'll just have another person who doesn't have freedom to make whatever they want.
They can make a new NG for sure id say let them work on that first.
Of course people would play it and like it. The characters are very popular and that is a big enough draw to keep DOA going alone.

I always read that tweet as being the final straw for Shimbori to retire.

Now it's possible Yasuda wanted to change course and instead of making an updated DOA6/7 just to do a full on reboot.

But I have to agree with grap3. For all intents and purposes DOA as a fighting game series is dead. There is zero indication of anything in the works and even what Yasuda is saying is nowhere close to being some kind of confirmation a future DOA is planned. You have to be on a max dosage of hopium to believe it.

As a fan of the series and 3D fighters in general, it is depressing. The worst thing that ever happened was Koei. I swear both NG3 and DOA5/6 were kneecapped because Koei was jealous since all they have are shitty/unremarkable properties. Ninja Gaiden is immortal. One of the truly great series on the NES and TN's version of Ryu is iconic. The Izuna Drop too of course.

I guess there is nobody left at TN that wants to fight for a new DOA game to be made.

EDIT: No game company is ever going to say one of their intellectual properties is dead.
It may not be 100% confirmation, but it genuinely means more than what people are giving it credit for. They haven’t outright killed the series, and I highly doubt Shimbori was the last straw. At a game company people can be replaced for good and bad.

Not only that but it’s certainly in the discussion now. It’s likely either NINJA Gaiden or DOA as both are their biggest attractions of the company.

I’m hearing that Ronin’s hype is lessening and I’m not sure I buy a Nioh 3.

I appreciate the feedback, but there isn’t enough information to confirm that DOA is dead, and the possibility of it being alive is what keeps FSD going so I think it’s counter productive to assume the worst… especially after DOA5 happened after the series was in limbo for almost a decade.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

It may not be 100% confirmation, but it genuinely means more than what people are giving it credit for. There isn’t enough information to confirm that DOA is dead, and the possibility of it being alive is what keeps FSD going so I think it’s counter productive to assume the worst… especially after DOA5 happened after the series was in limbo for almost a decade.
True, I'm informed by Master that KT has Hot Topic's contact info, and Hot Topic have a few people I've spoken with who'd like to make the deal a reality. All I had to do was pitch it first. It says something when the idea of characters having big closets IRL and in-game isn't an outright indictment, but in fact a neutral statement.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD