Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

FatalxInnocence

P was i15 in DOA4 and DOAD.

P was i17 in DOA2, making K, 8K, and 7K (which was i14 then) all faster than his jab in that game (the current P+K wasn't in DOA2).

Also, Bass' P is i13, making his i12 P+K his fastest attack.

And I think Brad Wong's P is i12.

So it's still a buff from previous games? ( For Nyotengu. ) Hmm. Ok then. Guess it could be worse? ( never actually looked at Tengu's frames so I can't really say if it's an improvement or not. But going off what you're saying, it sounds like it is. )

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
So it's still a buff from previous games? ( For Nyotengu. ) Hmm. Ok then. Guess it could be worse? ( never actually looked at Tengu's frames so I can't really say if it's an improvement or not. But going off what you're saying, it sounds like it is. )

Mostly, yes. She did get some nerfs too though.

P+K is now -12 on block, as I said before. It was -8 in DOA4 and DOAD.

H+K was i17 in all previous games, but is now i19.

4K and PK were +0 on block in DOA4 and DOAD, but are now -8.

KK and 6K were +21 GBs in DOA4 and DOAD, but are now +13.

Brute

Standard Donor
Basically everything Nyotengu has is a buff from previous incarnations of Tengu. I realize that not everyone is familiar with the old character and his frames, but there's only so many times you can ask "Is what Nyotengu has better than what Tengu had in 4/Dimensions?" The answer is: yes. It's always yes. Every single time.

Well, speed isn't everything in my eyes. It helps, but at the sacrifice of what? I'd rather have her damage than have her be faster.
Your loss. The faster characters generally dominate the tier list in this game due to the heavy emphasis and importance placed on opening someone up from neutral in this game. I would take Christie's speed over Bass' damage any day.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The faster characters generally dominate the tier list in this game due to the heavy emphasis and importance places on opening someone up from neutral in this game.

Something that Bankotsubo struggled at greatly in 4/D. It doesn't really seem like it got a whole lot easier for Nyotengu either. She has some new GBs though, which good.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

Basically everything Nyotengu has is a buff from previous incarnations of Tengu. I realize that not everyone is familiar with the old character and his frames, but there's only so many times you can ask "Is what Nyotengu has better than what Tengu had in 4/Dimensions?" The answer is: yes. It's always yes. Every single time.

So literally EVERYTHING they shared is better on Nyo? so nothing is worse or on par? I think asking if her P is a buff from previous games Tengu was in is a pretty valid question.

Your loss. The faster characters generally dominate the tier list in this game due to the heavy emphasis and importance placed on opening someone up from neutral in this game. I would take Christie's speed over Bass' damage any day.

Hmmm, maybe. But I don't care about speed. Never have, never will. I don't ( when I'm playing seriously anyway. ) try to out-speed people. I prefer to defend, punish accordingly, open people up with an SS ch, oh throw, sabaki etc. When I'm actually playing seriously, I focus more on defense tools and opening people up that way as opposed to speedy strikes. So it may be a loss, but it's not one that affects me personally o_o

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

There's a reason why one is very safe and the other is not as well. There are risk/rewards and a price you have to pay with whatever you pick in this game, except for a few characters in this game. Bass and Christie are do not fall into the same category. Technically, if you're familiar with those really good characters you can still do well against them by knowing how to punish them or what to use to beat them with the usual RPS. Genfu gonna do 3P? Use a true mid. Genfu gonna parry? Throw. etc.

Generally, I don't feel like there's necessarily a pitfall for when picking a character in this game. It's just that the learning curve is different. If you're actually dedicated to a game and pick up a character like NyoTengu, then having good game and character knowledge is very beneficial.

Shiranui

Well, I saw some comments about my Nyotengu design I did for Halloween, so I'm going to answer.

i think that the costume is plain as hell...
the one with the corset and the geisha face was fcking amazing...
All I can say is thank you! I would loved to have that cosutme too. But let's face it, it didn't like it enough and contests are contests... It was a very japanese contest with a very japanese result.

How is that Queen Of Hearts costume plain? It has way more detail on the costume then that other "Original" costume. Its basically is her C1 so loose that they need to put a bra/corset under it because if they didn't her boobs would of flopped everywhere and add some make up and fangs a little cage thing under her outfit and said look a new costume! But it ain't Halloween is about dressing up in something you would never normally wear so i think the Queen Of Hearts was well placed.
I don't see any reason to be so rude and try to be harmful. You don't deserve any answer nor attention too your prepotent post. But still, I'll answer you. Well, I can admit I was too conservative in my design. Now I realize that my costume was not really different from her default outfit and what most people really wanted is something totally different and surprising because it was a Halloween themed contest and everybody was expecting crazy designs. I guess that the thing is that I love so much Nyotengu design that I didn't change it enough, I just wanted to give her a more evil look mixing up concepts like fetish, geisha and vampire. If you consider it's a bad design, it's cool, it's your opinion and it has my respect. But you could be more nice since I put a lot of work and a lot of hours in that design, you belive it or not. I don't like change so much the concept of a character if I like it. And for me that thing about in Halloween everybody has to look like what they are not is bullshit. Do you like Queen of Hearts? Cool, I'm happy for you because it won, so probably you gonna enjoy that costume in the game, but to me it's a stupid design. Yes, it's very original and very surprising, but I don't want to fight with Nyotengu dressed like a Disney Princess (because this is what she looks like in that outfit). It's a very original dress that makes Nyotengu looks silly. Sorry, is MY opinion, which has the same value as yours. But at least, I respect artist who designed Queen of Hearts. That's the difference. Oh, and excuse me... Which was your design you did for the contest?

u want me to tell that the queen of hearts thing is better for halloween than this?View attachment 6857
Thank you again. Queen of hearts is more original, and it has a nice render style. A nice render style is always effective, people can see the character as it is in-game.

Yes. Great artwork but too similar to her other outfits and she has Helena's Halloween outfit on underneath the dress
Now latex corsets are Helena's property? Great.

Main Issue I have with this design is it is the same color scheme as her C1. It would look better without the kimono imo but the art is beautiful and I love the make up/tattoos.
Thanks. I think Nyotengu looks awesome in a kimono, I didn't want to remove it, and I don't mind if I lost for that reason. But i agree I should change colors. Is true she looks very similar to regular one. But that Tengu mask, tattoos, white face and hairstyle I think it could be really cool, as well her weapon with fire shape.

And as conclusion I will say that if I have to desing a Nyotengu dress again I would probably do exactly the same what i did. You like it more or less, I did what I like and is what I would like to see for Nyotengu in the game. (But I would probably change colors. I admit her color palette looks too similar to regular Nyotengu, and is something that i realize now after all comments in FSD).
But there's no point in talking anymore more about it. My desing didn't make it, it won't be in the game and I'm not going to participate at any other costume contest. So, end of the story.

Last edited:

kakaslka

Well, I saw some comments about my Nyotengu design I did for Halloween, so I'm going to answer.

All I can say is thank you! I would loved to have that cosutme too. But let's face it, it didn't like it enough and contests are contests... It was a very japanese contest with a very japanese result.

I don't see any reason to be so rude and try to be harmful. You don't deserve any answer nor attention too your prepotent post. But still, I'll answer you. Well, I can admit I was too conservative in my design. Now I realize that my costume was not really different from her default outfit and what most people really wanted is something totally different and surprising because it was a Halloween themed contest and everybody was expecting crazy designs. I guess that the thing is that I love so much Nyotengu design that I didn't change it enough, I just wanted to give her a more evil look mixing up concepts like fetish, geisha and vampire. If you consider it's a bad design, it's cool, it's your opinion and it has my respect. But you could be more nice since I put a lot of work and a lot of hours in that design, you belive it or not. I don't like change so much the concept of a character if I like it. And for me that thing about in Halloween everybody has to look like what they are not is bullshit. Do you like Queen of Hearts? Cool, I'm happy for you because it won, so probably you gonna enjoy that costume in the game, but to me it's a stupid design. Yes, it's very original and very surprising, but I don't want to fight with Nyotengu dressed like a Disney Princess (because this is what she looks like in that outfit). It's a very original dress that makes Nyotengu looks silly. Sorry, is MY opinion, which has the same value as yours. But at least, I respect artist who designed Queen of Hearts. That's the difference. Oh, and excuse me... Which was your design you did for the contest?

Thank you again. Queen of hearts is more original, and it has a nice render style. A nice render style is always effective, people can see the character as it is in-game.

Now latex corsets are Helena's property? Great.

Thanks. I think Nyotengu looks awesome in a kimono, I didn't want to remove it, and I don't mind if I lost for that reason. But i agree I should change colors. Is true she looks very similar to regular one. But that Tengu mask, tattoos, white face and hairstyle I think it could be really cool, as well her weapon with fire shape.

And as conclusion I will say that if I have to desing a Nyotengu dress again I would probably do exactly the same what i did. You like it more or less, I did what I like and is what I would like to see for Nyotengu in the game. (But I would probably change colors. I admit her color palette looks too similar to regular Nyotengu, and is something that i realize now after all comments in FSD).
But there's no point in talking anymore more about it. My desing didn't make it, it won't be in the game and I'm not going to participate at any other costume contest. So, end of the story.
there is still a chance to get your costume for haloween, they didn't say that they're going to add every costume, but they could take yours for halloween and that queen of hearts costume for some princess theme DLC

David Gregg

Good point @kakaslka . This is actually the Nyotengu design that I want them to include though:

NecrotenguBrute_zps5aa03f52.png

It's badass and almost reminiscent of the original Tengu outfit:

doautengu_cos02-jpg.866

RoboJoe

Even though I liked it at first and voted for it, I've grown to dislike the necrotengu outfit. I realized I only really like the mask and the colour scheme. Still manages to be the most interesting Tengu design of that contest though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD