Official DC/MD/VA Thread

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Due to work, I may not be able to make it to Xanadu until 7pm.

Let me know if you plan on going, because I hate showing up and sitting there by my lonesome for hours thinking someone will show :(.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm 8 hours away from Richmond well not too far from VA in general. I'll hit you all up every once in a while. I'm also trying to build a scene. Hard as fuck though.

Edit: If nothing else is in my way on the week of the Civil War, I'll be there

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'm 8 hours away from Richmond well not too far from VA in general. I'll you all up every once in a while. I'm also trying to build a scene. Hard as fuck though.

Edit: If nothing else is in my way on the week of the Civil War, I'll be there

No one said it would be easy, though we are miles further along than we were even 5 years ago. It helps that DOA5 is a better game than DOA4.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
No one said it would be easy, though we are miles further along than we were even 5 years ago. It helps that DOA5 is a better game than DOA4.
Ya I know. I barely get my cousin to play. He likes Ryu & Hayate. But when I play him & my brother I help them get used to the mechanics, then they tell me to play serious, they rage quit (Even when I try to explain something they did wrong) LOL...My brother refuses to play at all.

bingsoo

Any locals still going on in the NoVA area? I finally have time to go out now that I graduated.. I'll be living in Fairfax again starting in the summer

Nightpup

As I expected, I won't be going today. Next week, hopefully.
As I expected, my parents are completely suspicious of the whole place. Looks like I'm gonna be chaperoned. At least from a distance. That'll stop if their suspicions are proved wrong. That's where one of you can step in and be all "Yup, this place is totally cool."

bingsoo

Mr. Wah said:

Hey I had a few questions about the locals in the NoVA/MD area and it would be great if you could help! Is that Xanadu place for casuals or tournies? Are there DOA setups available and people who frequent these weeklies? I'm looking for people to play with once I move back to Fairfax in the summer. Any help would be awesome!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Xanadu is a casuals place. It's basically a CCG store with a big room in the back for gaming.

It's $5 for venue, or $10 I think if you want to use their monitors for play. Every so often they do a monthly that's primarily used for tournaments in SF4 etc.

There are about 5 or 6 players in total who will play DOA5. Some only are able to make it during the monthly however, and it's best to arrange a meetup on the wednesdays when applicable. I primarily prefer meeting up at my local place instead due to the low cover cost ($0) and the ability to stream our play. If we get enough locals we can do a tournament for the game at the monthly.

More info of the place is on their website: http://www.xanadu-games.com

bingsoo

Where is your local place at? If it's open for anyone, I'd be willing to drive maybe an hour or two for weekly or monthly DOA casuals.

Nightpup

So, like, please say someone else is gonna be there soon before/after I arrive. I don't wanna be sitting there twiddling my thumbs for an hour or two, xD

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
5pm is a bit too early. I'm not sure if I can make it but I won't be there until 7pm if I am.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD