Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jackie Chan Fan

From what I've read from GameFAQs, this is basically a copy-paste of Fortune plus 3 million money cap. The only reason to get Scarlet is if you want to play as Misaki and Leifang now.

Yuffie

@N1ce Dreams its practically 100% the same as Fortune. Only the money cap went up and starting all over can either feel fresh or a grind [depends on your playstyle]. Switch users are saying the game feels stiff.
I already reached Owner level 29 thanks to the 3X bonus. Getting to 50 will be much easier.

@Xerampelinae a user on Twitter told me that Salmon Roe, Niagra and Whirlwind (premium only) are in the shop.
Also if you get a chance can you complie a list of what Leifang and Misaki like/don't like. I remember you made a list for Fortune on a blog you had.

The only thing about Fortune is that hopefully Sony doesn't force TN to patch out the fans, lotions, and swimsuits.

@HHH816 Fortune and Scarlet look the same to me on the PS4. They didn't even add PS4 pro support.

HHH816

looks like i'm going buy misaki and leifang dlc for fortune for now

but i'm going to buy scarlet on discount later if they add new dlc like pose or new swimsuit on scarlet only

Jadeinchains

I'm guessing actually that the outfit rotations are just different on ps4 and switch, When I was on when Scarlet first released it was actually the ribbon outfit "for you" that was out and that's just as revealing.

I'm surprised they still haven't Shown the new character for VV yet?! I'd have thought we'd have seen them by now?

And yeah @Yuffie the X3 excitement points are really helping me level up faster so that's good. :)

RetroMe91

Guys the Salmon Roe released for the Switch. Ps4 only got Whirlwind that @Xerampelinae mentioned.
Seems the dlc will be censored on PS4 unless it was a mistake. I'm worried about Peace, Norimaki, Sandwich and Pistachio now.
@RetroMe91 is Salmon Roe on your Switch?
There is a bit of a glitch, but yes. They are advertising Salmon Roe and Whirlwind, but what’s in the shop is Salmon Roe and Niagra. The other glitch is that both are priced at $400k in game currency. Salmon Roe, should be $1m, right? I mean I will take it.

Xerampelinae

I updated my old blog page with Misaki and Leifang's items so far:
http://doaxdivas.blogspot.com/2016/03/love-items-guide.html

Oddly, Misaki has no real Like items. She's Indifferent to EVERYTHING, save the items you unlock for her (Mango Vanilla Crepe and Telescope), and the microphone since it's her instrument of choice. Leifang is pretty much how she was in DOAX2 as far as items go with a couple of additions like the Erhu instrument. I haven't found everything for them yet, but it's a comprehensive list so far.

Something else I also noticed - I thought the PS4 wasn't supposed to get lotions, but they are in the closet as items you can collect. Also, WHY do they have two swimsuits named Marlin??? (Hitomi's default and Misaki's blue denim overalls). There are like ten million other sea creatures you could have chosen as a name (or about 70 other constellations for Hitomi's swimsuit collection).

EDIT: For those wondering if they should get this game or just wait for Fortune, I'll say this: Most of the people who are playing Scarlet right now are people who are diehards or just love the particular grind of this game. Or Switch owners. If you don't really fit into those two categories, I would say you do not have to buy this game. It's a lazy copy and paste with two new girls and some more owner money. I'll still play the hell out of it because I do love the grind in this game.

I hope that the Whirlwind/Salmon Roe thing really is a glitch because I don't really want to buy the Switch version too, and I'd prefer to stick on PS4 because I take a lot of pictures in this game, and the PS4 has the higher fidelity. And since I do love playing the volleyball, I'd rather stick to the game where the controls are smoother.

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I updated my old blog page with Misaki and Leifang's items so far:
http://doaxdivas.blogspot.com/2016/03/love-items-guide.html

Oddly, Misaki has no real Like items. She's Indifferent to EVERYTHING, save the items you unlock for her (Mango Vanilla Crepe and Telescope), and the microphone since it's her instrument of choice. Leifang is pretty much how she was in DOAX2 as far as items go with a couple of additions like the Erhu instrument. I haven't found everything for them yet, but it's a comprehensive list so far.

Something else I also noticed - I thought the PS4 wasn't supposed to get lotions, but they are in the closet as items you can collect. Also, WHY do they have two swimsuits named Marlin??? (Hitomi's default and Misaki's blue denim overalls). There are like ten million other sea creatures you could have chosen as a name (or about 70 other constellations for Hitomi's swimsuit collection).
I’ve noticed that too. She is difficult to please. Maybe this is because she is constantly nervous all the time.

Does anyone know if there is a save trick for Switch? The grind is going to be even longer if I have to play the way the game was intended. Haha.

Xerampelinae

I *think* you can save scum on the Switch. I've never tried it there, but you'd probably have to have some sort of thumb drive attached to it to transfer the saves.

Jadeinchains

Oh I was actually just on your blog too, I forgot what Helena's love item was. :p
And yeah I imagine save scumming should be possible on the switch ( speaking of which thank god for save scumming lol, It really helps cut out any frustrations of grinding for a suit just for them to refuse it, Saves so much time and money. )

As for buying Scarlet over Fortune personally for me it was a matter of wanting to support X3, As well as always liking to have the newest versions of things, Not to mention I'm super impatient and wanted the new content as soon as possible. And then on top of that I have no idea if Fortune will receive the same dlc support.
...And then you also have a few exclusive suits too which are really pretty, the Scarlet I'd say is my fave of the three special suits - Fortune, Venus and Scarlet.

RetroMe91

Oh I was actually just on your blog too, I forgot what Helena's love item was. :p
And yeah I imagine save scumming should be possible on the switch ( speaking of which thank god for save scumming lol, It really helps cut out any frustrations of grinding for a suit just for them to refuse it, Saves so much time and money. )

As for buying Scarlet over Fortune personally for me it was a matter of wanting to support X3, As well as always liking to have the newest versions of things, Not to mention I'm super impatient and wanted the new content as soon as possible. And then on top of that I have no idea if Fortune will receive the same dlc support.
...And then you also have a few exclusive suits too which are really pretty, the Scarlet I'd say is my fave of the three special suits - Fortune, Venus and Scarlet.
Is there any differences beyond the new characters? Is it obvious that things are censored?

Jadeinchains

Is there any differences beyond the new characters? Is it obvious that things are censored?

I'd definitely not say so, the only thing I've seen that's censored so far has been Marie's and Honokas crop tops don't malfunction to show the little square bikini underneath anymore which wasn't that big to me. Stuff like the new bikini preorders for misaki and Leifang aren't touched with censorship and neither is most of the other outfits.

Yuffie

@RetroMe91 I'm not Switch savvy, but if you have that online service you can upload the save file to the cloud and disable auto upload. Similar to PSN plus.
Switch does not support USB drives unfortunately. I reccomend getting the Salmon before they fix the prices.

Jadeinchains

*Phew* that's me done playing for today. :) I've been grinding! I've managed to get to owner level 40 so far and unlocked event paradise, I think it's level 50 If I remember correctly that you unlock Pictorial paradise, right? That means hopefully tomorrow I should have it unlocked. :)

PS: Union Jack volleyball = best volleyball. :p

RetroMe91

@RetroMe91 I'm not Switch savvy, but if you have that online service you can upload the save file to the cloud and disable auto upload. Similar to PSN plus.
Switch does not support USB drives unfortunately. I reccomend getting the Salmon before they fix the prices.
I’m going to grab one for sure at least for Misaki. It’s tough though since I haven’t figured out how to save scum yet.. owner money is still hard to come by.

Last edited:

Cabecote

PS: Union Jack volleyball = best volleyball. :p
For me it's Zebra-print, it suits Nyotengu really well!
I rejected the Union Jack one because that's my girl Christie's volleyball...
DevotedDazzlingBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

By the way, are there new volleyballs in Scarlet?
I think I'm recalling incorrectly that in Venus Vacation, Honoka's cow-plushie could be picked. Maybe it was a fan mod?

Jadeinchains

For me it's Zebra-print, it suits Nyotengu really well!
I rejected the Union Jack one because that's my girl Christie's volleyball...
DevotedDazzlingBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

By the way, are there new volleyballs in Scarlet?
I think I'm recalling incorrectly that in Venus Vacation, Honoka's cow-plushie could be picked. Maybe it was a fan mod?

A moment of silence for Ms Christie, Lisa and all the other missing girls please.... May they one day in the future be added like Leifang.
And I'm not sure about new volleyballs, I don't think so? I think the Mister Moo one was a mod yeah lol. :p Poor Mr Moo doesn't deserve that.

By the way did anyone else notice that on the official site for the game there's a dlc section with a menu for swimsuits that says coming soon and also a menu called Senran Kagura that says coming soon? So It seems SK dlc will be coming to the game?

Xerampelinae

It's probably just the same Senran Kagura stuff from Fortune. I would LOVE if they had a character from SK in the DOA graphic style, but I don't think that will ever happen (and it would probably be Asuka who is the most boring choice)

Mama

Does anyone recommend PlayAsia for buying PSN codes? I'm trying to buy Helena and Kokoro for the HK free-to-play version of DOAX3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD