Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm going to be perfectly honest, I don't keep up with OneAngryGamer and I don't know anything about it or its community. All I know is that every time it gets mentioned in this thread, everyone loses their shit and goes on a massive reporting spree. I've gone through several pages of otnesse's actual posts and in those, I did not find any instances where he himself has said anything explicitly bigoted towards any group. He just compulsively cites OneAngryGamer and engages anyone who criticizes it on the grounds of its apparent reputation.

The purpose of citing sources is to convince other people of your post's validity, and it's rather obvious that most people here don't consider OneAngryGamer a reliable source, so why anyone would continue to use it in place of the numerous other sources that relay the same information is beyond me. It's just not that hard to cross-reference, and if you cite a source people like better, you'll probably be thanked instead of sparking another off-topic tangent.

I'm not sure if Cyber imposed some kind of ultimatum when I wasn't around, but now that I'm back dealing with report tickets, I'll have to create my own policy. I'm not going to delete every mention of the site. I will moderate off-topic discussion about the site, its opinions or its denizens (ie: anything that isn't explicit news about DOAX itself).

I have no interest in continually checking in on this thread daily, so I'm going to be relying on report tickets. Once again, report off-topic discussions. If you find yourselves debating the possibility of dirty SJWs running Hollywood the gaming industry or nasty conservatives flexing their privilege, you're off-topic. Stop. Get some help.

otnesse

I think I know of a few other sources besides OAG, so if I must, I'll cite that source as well. And don't worry, all my posts for OAG were related directly to DOAX3 or DOA6.

Well, in any case, least we know some of the DOAX3:S pre-order bonuses.

Last edited:

hardseppo

Leifang Gravure Panel (Black Norimaki SSR) with lotions
https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34565705

DoAX-Venus-Vacation-Leifang-Gravure-Panel-(Black-Norimaki-SSR)-with-lotions.jpg

Xerampelinae

Not surprising. I didn't expect any kind of Western release, so I'm not really disappointed.

What I AM disappointed about though is that they didn't seem to fix the weird halo effect that's going on with Hitomi's bob hairstyle. When you are in evening with it, it shines really brightly and oddly. A couple of bathing suits had this as well. It seems like such an easy fix, so it's kind of weird that they didn't bother. But then again, we all know this is budget.

Yuffie

Ok, so I guessed correctly that roughly each two weeks is a 'new' trailer.
That leaves Helena, Kokoro, Momiji and Nyotengu.

So in this trailer they have the same exact gravures. Not having imitate gravures from X2 sucks. I mean in VV it sort of happens but it's limited to 10.
Having just 9 gravures for each girl is lame. It could've been like 80 unlockable gravures, sort of like the poses.
Oddly X3S doesn't seem to have VVs new hairstyles, which is a shame.

I feel like they don't want our money. Just copy and paste, add 2 girls in, rather than the missing girls and call it a day.

Jadeinchains

Im still hoping that the hairstyles from VV will be in Skarlet, It would be easy I'd think to port them to it. Same with other features in VV like Accessories. Obviously though as has been mentioned it seems as if it has a small budget, And then maybe/hopefully after release if it does well they'll add in these things through updates?

otnesse

Im still hoping that the hairstyles from VV will be in Skarlet, It would be easy I'd think to port them to it. Same with other features in VV like Accessories. Obviously though as has been mentioned it seems as if it has a small budget, And then maybe/hopefully after release if it does well they'll add in these things through updates?

Yeah, and hopefully they'll learn from last time to not make any swimwear too expensive.

Jadeinchains

Well I guess we'll get 2 weeks from now Kokoro and Helena and then two weeks after that get Nyo and Momiji and then two weeks later the game comes out. The thing is is that surely there must be other new content at launch in Skarlet? You know stuff to attract people who already own Fortune to get it? And I mean obviously it has Misaki and Leifang but like more suits and stuff in the owner store and stuff?

Obviously another big thing in general about Skarlet is just the fact that X3 will be receiving support again since support for Fortune ended long ago so that's another big thing about getting Skarlet is that it will be receiving support after release.

I am wondering though like surely they still have other new things added to Skarlet that they haven't shown us yet? And with just over a month till release I feel like now would be the time to show us it, Unless we're just going to be left to find new suits in the game ourselves once it releases?

Jadeinchains

Oh one thing I will say that should be mentioned that I'm not sure has been. I really like that they've brought in brand new suits from other characters with Misaki and Leifang in their collections. :)

I loved this bikini in DoA5, It was Pai's in one of the bikini dlc packs so It's awesome to see it got into the game.
O1mp2Uz.png

I'll be interested to see what other bikinis have been added to the game that we haven't been shown yet. Leifang's collection in general looks awesome in my opinion. She also has her cheongsam which If I was to guess I'd say is exclusive to her and is her LR outfit. And then she has that classic outfit - this
r2McI2a.png

No clue If this is also exclusive to her or If it's in her collection and the other girls can wear it too?

There's also this suit in her trailer -
yqr4nnK.png

This is from VV right? I'm pretty sure it's from that, So It does confirm that suits from VV are being brought over to X3S so who knows maybe other characters have VV suits added to their collections or added to the owner store?

belts

So far we know about 3% of the content in Scarlet is actually new when compared to DOAX3... Still have yet to be convinced it's worth purchasing.

Xerampelinae

The main reason for Scarlet is to be on the Switch. PS4 I think is just secondary because Fortune was on there in the first place. The Switch sales are what they care about.

In the Kasumi, Ayane and Hitomi trailer, they showed Kasumi having the bra and panties set that was DLC and in VV, and Ayane had the blue Mills Mess, which was also DLC. Hitomi didn't have anything new though.

The DLC part is the part I'm worried about. Sure, you can still save scum if you want, but that's not a *successful* DLC business model. I think a way to sell more would be to have a few suits with three or so color swaps in each pack, instead of 9 of the same suit in all different colors, and sell it for like 10 or 15 bucks. That way, you're still getting 9 or however suits, but there's more variety and less ugly throwaway colors. The Senran Kagura DLC was way more expensive than that, so I'm worried 25 will be the norm. And, then when a new girl is released, they sell her, her swimsuit catalog of 30 or so swimsuits, and any bonus ones that are compliments to previously released DLC packs (ex - if they do another pack like the leaf bathing suits, and then have a girl later on, she'd get her own leaf bathing suit separately to match). A girl would probably sell for 30 if they did it that way.

I'm really hoping we'll see the Clam or the Whirlwind show up in one of these videos, because that DLC pack never appeared again since the Clam was the one that was money only and it caused the whole game to collapse because of how expensive it was. The orange Whirlwind is in VV, and Tina and Mila had versions of it in Last Round, but the Clam has never been seen again.

Also no word if the Venus is going to be in this version since it was Vita only.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hitomi didn't have anything new though.
That seems to be a running theme in these games apparently... She gets the same treatment as males do in the main series.

Rarely gets new SSRs, no new hairstyles, no new dlc sets in Scarlet, barely any merchandise. To think this girl was literally the cover girl of Xtreme at one point.

otnesse

That seems to be a running theme in these games apparently... She gets the same treatment as males do in the main series.

Rarely gets new SSRs, no new hairstyles, no new dlc sets in Scarlet, barely any merchandise. To think this girl was literally the cover girl of Xtreme at one point.

If it's of any consolation, Tamaki, Fiona, Nagisa, and possibly Leifang (don't know about that last one though) don't have any new hairstyles either. In fact, the only "new" girl besides Misaki who has gotten any new hairstyles is Luna.

Jadeinchains

...At least she's in the game. *cries in Lisa fan*

The main reason for Scarlet is to be on the Switch. PS4 I think is just secondary because Fortune was on there in the first place. The Switch sales are what they care about.

In the Kasumi, Ayane and Hitomi trailer, they showed Kasumi having the bra and panties set that was DLC and in VV, and Ayane had the blue Mills Mess, which was also DLC. Hitomi didn't have anything new though.

The DLC part is the part I'm worried about. Sure, you can still save scum if you want, but that's not a *successful* DLC business model. I think a way to sell more would be to have a few suits with three or so color swaps in each pack, instead of 9 of the same suit in all different colors, and sell it for like 10 or 15 bucks. That way, you're still getting 9 or however suits, but there's more variety and less ugly throwaway colors. The Senran Kagura DLC was way more expensive than that, so I'm worried 25 will be the norm. And, then when a new girl is released, they sell her, her swimsuit catalog of 30 or so swimsuits, and any bonus ones that are compliments to previously released DLC packs (ex - if they do another pack like the leaf bathing suits, and then have a girl later on, she'd get her own leaf bathing suit separately to match). A girl would probably sell for 30 if they did it that way.

I'm really hoping we'll see the Clam or the Whirlwind show up in one of these videos, because that DLC pack never appeared again since the Clam was the one that was money only and it caused the whole game to collapse because of how expensive it was. The orange Whirlwind is in VV, and Tina and Mila had versions of it in Last Round, but the Clam has never been seen again.

Also no word if the Venus is going to be in this version since it was Vita only.

Yeah hopefully not only will the game be successful when it comes out but also hopefully it's dlc will be successful since I'm guessing that's what we'll need for the game to be seen as profitable and to receive support. I agree too that for the dlc to be successful it will need to not only be Paid PSN dlc ( rather than the terrible ticket thing ) but that paid PSN dlc will also have to be reasonably priced.

I'd be fine with the dlc packs being in the same fashion that they were in DOA5 of being sets of 11 outfits, one for each girl, I'm guessing there will be sets where the outfits are similar but with variations between the girls so that they're outfits are different. Or completely different bikinis like some of the bikini sets in DOA5 were. £15 - £20 for the full set would seem reasonable to me but who knows.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD