Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

DMM Games:

Just as an FYI, guys regarding the survey, they're asking which region in Japan you're living in as a requirement for the survey, meaning we most likely can't take it. Not sure why they'd think about doing that now? Doesn't a large percentage of their revenue come as much from us Gaijin as it does their fellow Japanese?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Doesn't mean they can't do it within 6 months.

In any case, Shizuku won't make her formal debut until November 9, so this is more like a teaser. Also, she isn't an actual fox-girl, she's more cosplaying as one.

Did someone in the conference go out of their way to specify this? Because the flapping ears indicate more than a cosplay to most.

Kasumi-Phase-X

@DestructionBomb

DOAX-VenusVacation_231026_204141.jpg

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well, that's what Discord said that they said, that they emphasized the cosplay element.

Maybe because you can remove the parts just as you can the wings of Nyo-Tengu?

Doesn't mean they can't do it within 6 months.

In any case, Shizuku won't make her formal debut until November 9, so this is more like a teaser. Also, she isn't an actual fox-girl, she's more cosplaying as one.

Who said every other month? I'm not asking them to release a girl every two months. Even I know that's excessive and WAY beyond their capabilities (Tina and Leifang were exceptions to that rule, and I suspect that's only because they moreorless ported their models and did slight tweaking rather than fully designing them). What I'm irritated at is them taking EIGHT months to release a new girl, which is still EXTREMELY excessive. Six months would suffice, though preferably three would be ideal.

And there's plenty of ways to keep them on here besides OG girls. For starters, I'm actually translating episodes on DOAXVV right now. And seeing how the characters tick is always a treat for me. Have more girls interact and see how they handle each other, and you'll keep me in. Plus, the birthday suits are something I'm trying to claw into as well in the near future. And I'm pretty sure those OG girl fans who wanted to see them would be MORE than happy to see more episodes involving them.

If you wanted to post your translations in a separate thread, I would promote it. As well as a biography of each of the Venus characters. Though I must say that if you don't want to do it, I will likely undertake the project myself.

otnesse

Maybe because you can remove the parts just as you can the wings of Nyo-Tengu?

If you wanted to post your translations in a separate thread, I would promote it. As well as a biography of each of the Venus characters. Though I must say that if you don't want to do it, I will likely undertake the project myself.
It's for Dead or Alive Wiki, and if you're willing to join that Wiki and help, I'll gladly agree to it. Need more translators on there.

Though I'm not sure you actually can remove the wings of Nyotengu. Don't they automatically come off and there not being any way to put them on her?

TheHunterKiller692

Doesn't a large percentage of their revenue come as much from us Gaijins as it does their fellow Japanese?
Not exactly. All we're really doing is just giving them more attention through social media, especially when half of us Average Joes don't really know how to deal in Yen as opposed to Gold or USD. So, even if there are donations from America, they're not exactly going to the devs.

Kasumi-Phase-X

DMM Games:

otnesse

Not exactly. All we're really doing is just giving them more attention through social media, especially when half of us Average Joes don't really know how to deal in Yen as opposed to Gold or USD. So, even if there are donations from America, they're not exactly going to the devs.
I'm pretty sure any money we pay via paypal (probably the only thing at this point that actually CAN reach them) would go directly to Team Ninja and/or DMM, and I know I paid quite a bit for those monthly tickets, plus the various new girls' debut packages, heck, also the SSR Select Ticket Packages (and also some of the birthday reissue packages). And believe me, when paying, I also had to be incurred with conversion costs which are a bit more expensive especially in DMM version compared to the Japanese Steam version. And I've seen plenty of other people on here, on Deviantart, and especially on Discord who did the same besides me.

TheHunterKiller692

II know I paid quite a bit for those monthly tickets, plus the various new girls' debut packages and SSR Select Ticket Packages. And believe me, when paying, I also had to be incurred with conversion costs, which are a bit more expensive.
Because you're probably using a VPN,. Not to mention, even if you DO pay them, it won't convince them to make an English version on a whim. Unless you wanna crack it, which is illegal in this day and age.

otnesse

Because you're probably using a VPN,. Not to mention, even if you DO pay them, it won't convince them to make an English version on a whim. Unless you wanna crack it, which is illegal in this day and age.
They DID make an English version, though. In fact, by March/April, said English version will be on its Fifth Anniversary. I'm talking about the Singapore Steam/Johren version. And BTW, the DMM version was more expensive than the Japanese Steam versions. I learned that the hard way during the 4th anniversary where I naively thought the Steam price was the same as the DMM price and had to really do a lot of chores to barely meet the price, only for it to be revealed the DMM price was slightly higher. And Steam I had to pay directly, not use PayPal (long story short, I reported a duplicate charge to my bank, they ruled in my favor, so they locked me out of using PayPal for Steam).

And what I'm complaining about is them cutting us Gaijin out for participating in the survey DESPITE contributing to their success. And BTW, other than the brief period from April to May of last year due to some wonky stuff going on at DMM, I never had to use a VPN at ALL to play the game, never mind pay (and I used PayPal mostly. I initially paid directly, but that got into serious issues with my bank so I switched to Paypal to get over that bit, and that was BEFORE DMM cut off foreign payment outside Paypal). The closest I've EVER gotten to needing a VPN to play outside of that was the Singapore Steam version, and even THAT was solely to download the game itself. Once I downloaded it, I played it even if Tunnelbear wasn't even on in the first place. Shinobi Versus came far closer to actually requiring a VPN to play every single time I logged in than either DOAXVV version EVER did.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Shinobi Versus came far closer to actually requiring a VPN to play every single time I logged in than either DOAXVV version EVER did.
Good to know, but you're probably falling on deaf ears, I'm afraid. If I were able to play the game every so often and send my coomer money to KT directly, I wouldn't be caught dead saying "Oh, well we NEED KT to bend over backwards and make the core audience in Japan take a backseat to everyone else from other parts of the globe.

Not to mention, 9/10 times you try to bring up VV or try to look for it in the top 10 on Steam, it's not even there cuz A, people who play DOA on Steam for the mods already got what they came for, and B, games like Halo: Infinite and Counter-Strike 2, despite being free, have been known to be top-sellers on Steam in America. So, DOAXVV doesn't get the cut legally.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD