Official Doa2u Tier list

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
the only things added were slope and ceiling throws. Stages were altered (made smaller than Hardcore's), and the gravity was slightly lessened as you couldn't do Jann Lee's BNB juggle :P::P::6::P::6::K::4::6::K: in Hardcore.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
No idea what water throws are unless it's a joke.

the only things added were slope and ceiling throws. Stages were altered (made smaller than Hardcore's), and the gravity was slightly lessened as you couldn't do Jann Lee's BNB juggle :P::P::6::P::6::K::4::6::K: in Hardcore.

Oh, so it had doa3 level of gravity?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea, DOA2 and 3 had about the same gravity as far as i remember.

Water throws are no joke!

Go to a stage with water, and use leon's 4f+p or bayman's 6f+p .

They will drown bitches. Most random and awesome shit ever.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Helena should be higher as well.

Keep in mind that this tier list was just carried over from the last discussed tier list. Any discussion can continue.

Baron West

Why is Zack low tier?

It's because the top players don't main him. Which is where it gets tricky. Tiers when done properly shouldn't be about a characters strengths relative to their weaknesses. Tiers should be about match-ups, that is, how characters fare against one another. Zack does big damage with combos, has good lows, good whiff punishing, and he has mind games galore. But the real question is how does that help him stack up against Ayane, versus say Tina? Ayane is better than both of them, but Tina can punish Ayane better than Zack(and a lot of characters) and she has anti-2P in the form of her 4K+F.

That's how I'm looking at the list. Although I think if you do the list based on match-ups it will look different than the current list, and I would also include Tengu in that list. The biggest problem with the match-ups based tiers, is that the players who construct them are seldom equally skilled with all the characters. Even with that limitation, match-up based tiers are still better than tiers which try to examine a characters strengths and weaknesses in a vacuum.

Raansu

It's because the top players don't main him. Which is where it gets tricky. Tiers when done properly shouldn't be about a characters strengths relative to their weaknesses. Tiers should be about match-ups, that is, how characters fare against one another. Zack does big damage with combos, has good lows, good whiff punishing, and he has mind games galore. But the real question is how does that help him stack up against Ayane, versus say Tina? Ayane is better than both of them, but Tina can punish Ayane better than Zack(and a lot of characters) and she has anti-2P in the form of her 4K+F.

That's how I'm looking at the list. Although I think if you do the list based on match-ups it will look different than the current list, and I would also include Tengu in that list. The biggest problem with the match-ups based tiers, is that the players who construct them are seldom equally skilled with all the characters. Even with that limitation, match-up based tiers are still better than tiers which try to examine a characters strengths and weaknesses in a vacuum.

Comparing matchups in a 3D fighter don't work like they do in a 2D fighter, especially in DoA...

Baron West

Comparing matchups in a 3D fighter don't work like they do in a 2D fighter, especially in DoA...

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like you to explain that statement. I don't want to come off as rude, but that just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Are you saying that simply having a Z-axis invalidates the notion of good and bad match-ups? Or are you saying something entirely different? I've never played a 3-D fighting game that didn't have good and bad match-ups.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Raansu has trouble with any fighter not DOA. I tried getting a matchup chart prepared for DOA3 but No one seemed to help out with that.

Raansu

Raansu has trouble with any fighter not DOA. I tried getting a matchup chart prepared for DOA3 but No one seemed to help out with that.

I don't have trouble with them, I just despise Tekken and SC and don't have the patience to learn them, unlike VF5 where I couldn't wait to get off work and go to the arcades and play it when I was living in Japan.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD