Official Doa2u Tier list

Baron West

Raansu has trouble with any fighter not DOA. I tried getting a matchup chart prepared for DOA3 but No one seemed to help out with that.

Even though this isn't the right forum for it, I'd be interested in reading the match-up chart for DOA3. Especially to see where you stuck Brad Wong in the grand scheme of things.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Unfortunately, the only DOA titles I've actually been able to play with other people are 4 and Dimensions. I have all the others though, but have only played them against the AI.

I main the tengu in DOA4 and DOAD, and he is bad in both of those games, so I'd like to know why he is banned in this one.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There's some other characters with frame advantage, but he's the only one with a practical frame advantage.

What was it, :8::K:? or was that just incredibly safe, a high priority quick crushing attack?

Allan Paris

That dumbass wind push shit you had to be skin close to hold. He's big as hell which I am pretty sure that made it hard for him to be juggled.

Relius Starkiller

That dumbass wind push shit you had to be skin close to hold. He's big as hell which I am pretty sure that made it hard for him to be juggled.

That and what Mr Wah said.

I used to get my ass kicked back in the day by A-hole Tengu users but once 4 dropped and I found out Tengu was trash in that version I automatically grew a permanent woody that I've been duck taping to my leg since early 06.

I can hear Subway crying when I make love to my girlfriend and it makes the sex that much better.

x Sypher x

That and what Mr Wah said.

I used to get my ass kicked back in the day by A-hole Tengu users but once 4 dropped and I found out Tengu was trash in that version I automatically grew a permanent woody that I've been duck taping to my leg since early 06.

I can hear Subway crying when I make love to my girlfriend and it makes the sex that much better.

LMAO

WAZAAAAA

I'm somehow familiar with Ryu Hayabusa and Jann Lee and I find both to be pretty damn strong.

Hayabusa, agreed with him being the top of the top. He has the undoubtedly the strongest holds and arguably the strongest throw even though it's not that easy to learn (Izuna Otoshi, bitches). And obviously he doesn't lack of both strong and fast attacks at the same time, with many tools like :4::P+K: which is a pretty cool "trap".
That's totally deserved considering how badass he is.

Jann Lee, say what you want but he deserves to share the "top of the top" place with Hayabusa too. While Hayabusa is good in defense with its holds, Jann Lee is the top notch offensive character.
-His offensive throw Dragon Gunner :6::F+P: is the safest and most damaging offensive throw in the game (the weaker ones being Leon's and Tina's afaik). The only way to avoid it is to crouch since it interrupts attacks... extremely limiting for the opponent and at the same time gives Jann Lee lots of different options if the throw is successful (and god knows how easy it is to land). Not many know this but Dragon Gunner can be linked *SAFELY* with specific attacks like in a combo, not only in DOA3 but in DOA2U too. The best attacks to link it with are two:
1. *half dash towards the enemy* - :236::P:, hard to land because of the strict timing and distance.
2. If the enemy (or YOU) is facing the back to a wall, :4::6::K: is safely linkable and very easy to do.
Both attacks have the exact same damage, and if linked with the Dragon Gunner you'll very easily reach the damage of a Counter Izuna Otoshi Throw... I say Dragon Gunner is stronger than Izuna Otoshi. Sue me.
-Not quite sure about this one, but if Hayabusa has the strongest holds, then Jann Lee has the second strongest holds. His mid-punch and high-kick holds are both linkable with the above mentioned powerful attacks (and more) or with the Low Snap Kick :2::K: on grounded characters after a throw for additional damage.
-He has the second strongest ground attack too lol (first one being Tengu's) Enter The Dragon :8::F+P+K:
-Jann Lee has the best juggling potential "when the environment is on your side" along with Ayane's one, thanks to the Combo Knuckle Uppercut :P::P::6::P:
-Jann Lee's Dragon Kick :236::K: is the second most damaging hit in the game (the first one being Tengu's shitstorm attack thing, but it's also the slowest and holdable from close) it's the only UNBLOCKABLE hit in the game, has a lot of range, while you do it low attacks won't hit you since you're flying, and it's NOT that slow on startup... what did Team NINJA smoke when they did this? The major downside is that it makes you very vulnerable when they crouch to dodge it, the only safe way to punish it. Getting your Dragon Kick "holded" makes you still safe from most of the attacks because you go very far away from the enemy, and because it's not a "direct hold" (not sure if it has a name, but you know what I mean when an hold doesn't damage the enemy), so the best way to avoid a Dragon Kick is to crouch. Still limits the option of the enemy by a lot, we could say that having an unblockable hit is technically "gamebreaking", meaning it breaks the normal flow of the game or something along those lines.
-He's also the only character with a 100% safe 3-hit-combo :P::P::P:, gives you more time to do the next move compared to other punch punch combos ince it's 3 hits instead of 2.
In short, he has so many tricks and options that make him a beast, he's constantly in advantageous situations.

Btw, why is Ein considered top tier? He hits like a truck but him being the best seems a bit too much.

Last edited:

WAZAAAAA

Oh, Ein being an all-rounded character would make sense.

Almost forgot: the easiest (but weakest) way to connect Dragon Gunner offensive throw with an attack is with :1::P:, works everytime.

What the fuck.
I just happened to play DOA2U and tried the :1::P: thing after Dragon Gunner, but it doesn't work with every character.
It works only against all the male characters including Tengu and excluding Ein... hitbox, wow that's fucked up.

Sorry for the triple post but I love Jann Lee and tiers lists. Like somebody mentioned on the first page, Ayane has a "limbo stun of doom" attack (I guess he refered to the one that makes the enemy "show his back to you" and the victim can't hold after it), pretty much like Bayman and Helena do. Jann Lee has that too but only on Counter/High Counter hit with :F+K:, just adding his millionth tool here.

TRI Mike

You could have just edited the first post you know¿ Oh well, you're probably long gone anyway.

After maining Helena for seven years in DOA4 it's too hard to me to love the blonde chick in 2U. She's just too shit in that game.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Helena's not nearly as good here as she was in DOA 4 but to be fair, she was just stupid good in that game. I'm not too sure about 2U, but based on my experience with Hardcore, I don't really agree with Helena being at the absolute bottom. I know that the gravity and length of some stuns is a little different in 2U than it was in HC. Did that affect how well some of the characters played?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just re-read page two.

Darth Lotonic X

Seeing as I posted my tier list for Doa3, I thought I'd post one for a game that I am actually very familiar with. I played random and had almost 40000 matched on DoaU.

SS: Tengu
S: Gen Fu, Hayabusa, Ein, Ayane
A: Jann Lee, Leifang, Kasumi, Hitomi
B: Tina, Helena, Zack, Bayman, Leon
C: Bass

Darth Lotonic X

I forgot to put Zack in there. The major problem with Zack is that he really only has one viable launcher. The only thing he really has going for him is a 9 frame jab, and a fast low for the water stages.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD