Online is dying out??

DontForkWitMe

is it any surprise. DOA4 lasted as long as it did because it had the online fighter market to itself for up to 2years after release during the fighter drought. DOA5 doesn't have that luxury with tons of other competing fighters out there that offer superior online netcode, gameplay, and content. sold my copy after the stagger escape glitch was "fixed" along with just overall being bored of the game since it wasn't the leap over DOA4 it was hyped to be pre-release

SaihateDYNAMO

DOA4 had such a long life. There were so many lobbies that were usually full, people to talk to (because of the cute and handy lobby system) and Zack Dollars! DOA5 is the complete opposite of all this :(

Dr Sexual

Party chat has also hurt the overall online game.. Not just on DOA but in pretty much every online game period. Back in the DOA4 days it would be easy to jump into a lobby and talk to new people, start rivalries, get tips mid game ect.. Now unless you already know the people you'll be playing with the odds of finding a lobby where people are actually talking and interacting is almost nonexistent.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I have been playing online rank(which I hate) on x360 and always find players playing. I don't know about the PSN crowd since it's been forever since I've even logged on PSN(that wasn't through my Vita).

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I miss the Zack Dollars and the lobby system most of all. They were such awesome and fun concepts too T-T
Zack dollars would keep me playing well after I should have gone to sleep all because I wanted a stupid item. I loved it.

Omegan Eckhart

Party chat has also hurt the overall online game.. Not just on DOA but in pretty much every online game period. Back in the DOA4 days it would be easy to jump into a lobby and talk to new people, start rivalries, get tips mid game ect.. Now unless you already know the people you'll be playing with the odds of finding a lobby where people are actually talking and interacting is almost nonexistent.
Having a solid text chat system does help people communicate outside of parties, even if it's only to tell someone they are lagging.

Snipa

Rank in the European PSN is nearly complete dead!

Nearly?
Basically completely dead.

Debating moving on and selling the game.. which i sad but its just gathering dust.
I bought it to compete in the european scene, be it online or the LAN's i can attend and the game is dead online and non existent for european LAN's.

Ive noticed the places that was debating it for LAN (UK Wise) just mocked it and the forums said they would rather have SF2 in its place as thats more of a fighter than DOA5 will be.

Sad to see, but todays competition seemed ruled by 2D fighters and the "Elitists"

(Though add me SnipaTM for some EU/UK games when im about online)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Nearly?

Debating moving on and selling the game.. which i sad but its just gathering dust.
I bought it to compete in the european scene, be it online or the LAN's i can attend and the game is dead online and non existent for european LAN's.

Ive noticed the places that was debating it for LAN (UK Wise) just mocked it and the forums said they would rather have SF2 in its place as thats more of a fighter than DOA5 will be.

Sad to see, but todays competition seemed ruled by 2D fighters and the "Elitists"

2D fighters were fun when there was no such thing as 3D.

Adamleelight

Hardly see any rank matches anymore, but there's always a lobby going. Which is pretty much how DOA4 was. Since there wasn't a rank match set on its own in that game.

extravagant

What part of California do you live? We have a offline scene going on in both NorCal and SoCal. Also if you want to ever get matches in just add me.

Yeah, where in NorCal is it growing? Lemme know, and yes I'll add you :D I love this game man.

I dont get why people are leaving this game? How is DoA5 not a solid fighter? I dont see any loopholes or broken crap like the mess SFxT was, or any abused glitches used to prime glory like RCing from CvS2.

Why are people leaving? What better game is there? There is not many better games than DoA5.

FakeSypha

Why are people leaving? What better game is there? There is not many better games than DoA5.

People may have different reasons. One of them could be the game having too much "randomness", leading to a less serious gameplay. It could be a sum of factors, in reality.

Better 3D fighting game? Well, VF5FS for sure. I'm no Tekken player, but out of my ignorance seems to be more solid as fighting game. Don't know about SCV. I recently started playing it, so I'm clueless about it too.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yeah, where in NorCal is it growing? Lemme know, and yes I'll add you :D I love this game man..

In NorCal we are strong in the Bay Area. We also working on a scene in Sacramento which we are going to have casual out there this Saturday. I know there are players in Stockton and Modesto also. You should go to the matchmaking area and check out the NorCal thread.

Tokkosho

Yeah, where in NorCal is it growing? Lemme know, and yes I'll add you :D I love this game man.

I dont get why people are leaving this game? How is DoA5 not a solid fighter? I dont see any loopholes or broken crap like the mess SFxT was, or any abused glitches used to prime glory like RCing from CvS2.

we definitely have a good number in the bay area, around LA, and around Sacramento.

Snipa

Hardly see any rank matches anymore, but there's always a lobby going. Which is pretty much how DOA4 was. Since there wasn't a rank match set on its own in that game.

It was better in DOA4/DOAU2 imo, every game was ranked.
No split in the community, you go in a lobby and play but still have options like tag/1v1/winner stays/tournament etc.

Would rather it have stayed like that and meaning the games are always full.

Oh well.

Lasmir

Nearly?

Hey snipa i don't know what you are talking about man i find plenty of EU lobbies. You can add me and we can have some fights and i can show you some EU lobbies as well. Also i main Helena and sub Jann Lee these are not exactly the most fun characters to fight against haha but if you don't mind this then you can add me my GT is TheMusllim cheers.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It was better in DOA4/DOAU2 imo, every game was ranked.
No split in the community, you go in a lobby and play but still have options like tag/1v1/winner stays/tournament etc.

Would rather it have stayed like that and meaning the games are always full.

I agree.

Snipa

Hey snipa i don't know what you are talking about man i find plenty of EU lobbies. You can add me and we can have some fights and i can show you some EU lobbies as well. Also i main Helena and sub Jann Lee these are not exactly the most fun characters to fight against haha but if you don't mind this then you can add me my GT is TheMusllim cheers.

Are you on the XBOX?
If so im talking about PS3, but in general even when i went to my friends and played the amount of lobbies was pretty poor compared to past DOA games.

Even DOAU2 which was only a re-make was booming with games.

Mavis

I haven't been online with PS3 in a while but the last time i was online it was really quiet, I'm usually the first to start chatting away in the lobbies while others are fighting and i am waiting my turn but noone was talking lol. There were a few active lobbies but most of them only allowed Japanese players. Sometimes I'd do a sneaky and go into one of them regardless of not being Japanese just so i could get a few games in but then the host would type something in Japanese with my PSN tag name on the end and i would be like "Uhh...Konichiwa?"

Kicked :rolleyes:

Whether it's improved since then i have no idea.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD