Online multiplayer is a complete disappointment

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
It seems that way. Unfortunately servers = additional cost to TK and... well... hahaha. Yeaaa...

Zeo

I'm not sure if it is the new timing of counters, or the lag, but I get incredibly frustrated when I get hit by crap I know I'm holding. The game is random enough I don't need my countering to be inconsistent as well.
I thought I was the only one this happened to! It just feels like the counters themselves aren't coming out, I know I'm doing the motion but it's like the counter itself doesn't come out, even offline in some cases so I'm not entirely sure it's one.

(Also if you're AngryWorm V2, gg in Ranked I got outplayed by you, will play smarter next time)

AngryWorm

I thought I was the only one this happened to! It just feels like the counters themselves aren't coming out, I know I'm doing the motion but it's like the counter itself doesn't come out, even offline in some cases so I'm not entirely sure it's one.

(Also if you're AngryWorm V2, gg in Ranked I got outplayed by you, will play smarter next time)

Yeah, I'm wondering how of my missed reversals are online and how much is timing/knowledge based. I'm having an offline session with Jefffcore tomorrow, so I'll probably find out then.

And yeah, AngryWorm v2 is my GT. I thought you had me, good game.

Lobo

I'll pull back from my earlier harshness before. Actually had a couple of decent matches in simple match. More like 4/10 instead of 0/10 now. A little better than 4, but still pretty bad for people who don't have perfect connections.

And yea, between the nerfed frames for holds and lag, I'm getting hit my all kinds of shit, even random power blows. I'm gonna need to really beef up my defense w/o relying on holding so much.

Maybe this is really a good thing in disguise, so I'll be better prepped when I get back to the states.

DontForkWitMe

Yeah the netcode is above average at best for me. get smooth connections about 55% of the time, average connection about 30% and god awful unplayable shitty matrix yahoo dsl connection 15%;.these are the connections where i spam eliots 10hit string which suckaz cant counter online. already got a collection of hatemail from these scum for it:cool:.

Renarism

I feel the game has a small amount of button lag at times -- Some cases however are just the new game mechanics and properties of moves.

Onslaught X

I don't understand why people bitch about the netcode so much. If you're having a lot of lag, it's either your shitty connection or your opponent's. Simple as that. It's peer to peer, so I don't know why people keep complaining.

TTT2 uses server. DOA5 is peer-to-peer.
D3v...I've seen you on SRK, haven't I? I didn't know you hung around here. :eek:

IceMage95

Anyone having this problem where the sidestep somehow defaults to :8::8:/:2::2: if you have it set at :8::H+P+K:/:2::H+P+K: while playing online?

IceMage95

I hope that TN releases a patch to fix the glitches for the settings. It's really annoying that I have to constantly change the language to Japanese and having to deal with the sidestep glitch online.

SkatanMilla

I don't understand why people bitch about the netcode so much. If you're having a lot of lag, it's either your shitty connection or your opponent's. Simple as that. It's peer to peer, so I don't know why people keep complaining.

D3v...I've seen you on SRK, haven't I? I didn't know you hung around here. :eek:

People complain because even on 5bars the netcode is shit compared to some other fighting games on the market.
People SHOULD complain when the netcode is noticably worse than that of DOAU which was released like 10 years ago.

People complain because even on 5bars the netcode is shit compared to some other fighting games on the market.
People SHOULD complain when the netcode is noticably worse than that of DOAU which was released like 10 years ago.

I haven't had any issues with 4 and 5 bar connections, granted I live in the U.S. and I'm on cable Internet, but for me the netcode has been as good as TTT 2 and other fighters that have come out this gen. I'm on my 360 and wired so I can't speak for wifi or PS3 peeps.

Dave

Mmm. I played 2 matches so far. Trying to wait to see if all the kinks get fixed before hopping on again but yeas both were laggy. One was so bad we were in like slow motion. Not really acceptable for a new game release. Especially these days when every game is diving into the online aspect.

So it seems that the lag issues are happening on the ps3, people using wifi or both. Is anyone here having MAJOR lag issues on a wired 360?
When I say major I'm thinking like almost or more than half of the games are laggy, because if it's mostly on PS3 then Tecmo needs to be alerted to it, it may be a ps3 version issue. But I know wifi dosen't help no matter what console you play on.

BLACKSTAR

I think people are blowing the netcode on this game out of proportion. Yeah, it's not that great, but it's not bad either.

I've played better (VF5 :D, TTT2, SCV) and I've played much worse (helloooooo KOF XII/XIII, Mahvel 3). DOA5 netcode is strictly average - this is SF4 level netcode. It's not much better than DOA4, and it is a dissappointment, but its playable. Don't apologize for complaining, but give TN that much credit at least

shunwong

So it seems that the lag issues are happening on the ps3, people using wifi or both. Is anyone here having MAJOR lag issues on a wired 360?
When I say major I'm thinking like almost or more than half of the games are laggy, because if it's mostly on PS3 then Tecmo needs to be alerted to it, it may be a ps3 version issue. But I know wifi dosen't help no matter what console you play on.

Maybe someone can open a thread to compile information (What system -360 or PS3 - and what connection -wireless or cable- have bad online)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD