Community Opinion: Who Will Win EVO?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Like any other sport, you predict winners of tournaments for entertainment purposes, and I know there are some that probably view these as popularity contests or something else, but with competitive play comes competitive analysis. The few times I predict wrong, or the hundreds of times I've been right -- it adds to the excitement to me. Also:

- What are you opinions of the newly awoken Free Step Dash Cancel? DO you think it is good or bad for competitive play?

- Shoryuken wrote a great profile piece for some of the big players showing up to EVO. I would give it a read if you are just joining the community or if you want to see who might kick you out of pools. ;)

Predicted Evolution 2018 Winner: Siologica - After he won NEC, it seemed to me like he was still hungry and ready to go. Like he had only gotten started with the players. He seems ahead of the game itself and was on his own level at that event. I think he will start a streak and win again at EVO.

DOA6 Mini Tournament Winner: Matt Ponton - Maybe because he got to play already? Haha, I don't know, but I'm rooting for him and a Bass/Tina reveal.

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Shout outs to the Colorado DOA players going: shazzmatazzles, skillzilla, and homieshizuka24. Hoping one of them takes EVO from under y'all. ;P

Hazard

Standard Donor
Gonna have to go with my boy.
15gp0fo.jpg

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Everyone participating at EVO this year for DOA in particular is winning, because they get to play an early build of DOA6 firsthand and give feedback with better understanding of how the game plays.

Even those who can't participate this year are winning in their own way, 'cause they may have a returning or new character to look forward to in this event, which is more than enough for some.

Hurricane Rev

Its a shame that I have to miss out on this event but I will be rooting for UGS Gill Hustle. I know he mostly uses Ayane now but It would be great to see his Mila at some point during the tournament.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Gonna have to go with my boy.
15gp0fo.jpg

Yeah, and he's in my pool. The stage presence of JC Akira is very unsettling, but it's a part of his competitive nature. The only thing I can say is I'm going to give this man everything I have. I overcame my fear for fighting offline a long time ago when I fought Crazy Steady and Requiem and JC would be wise not to sleep on me or I will knock him into loser's bracket so fast he wont know what hit him! :)

Dr. Cheesesteak

Standard Donor
I'm noob to the competitive DoA scene besides Vness and a few names I'd have to remember from re-watching the tourney at Final Round this year. So...i'll go w/ MissVness lol.

5H1N081

From what I've seen there were two separate DOA6 mini tournaments. Xcal won the first one, Kwiggle the second one. Unfortunately there was no "Grand Final" between the two of them.
About the DOA5LR tournament, I think Kwiggle will avenge his loss against Siologica from last years NEC and take the W.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD