Pai combos

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
I'm not sure where to ask this question. It seems as there are some execution monsters in the thread and I have a couple of questions...

Are there short cuts to doing while rising and/ or moves where you have to hold a direction of a moment before the move actually comes out? (Like Hayate's 3PP).

Enjoying this game so far, but wish that there were more people playing online. Thanks everyone!

Codemaster92163

The easiest way to do WR moves is to do 335___. It works for me fairly well, though with the new buffering, it's not as consistent as it once was.

As for moves where you have to hold the direction, you usually just buffer it in while your previous attack is being performed. So like if you're Jacky and you want to do :6_::K:, you can hit them with 4K first, and once you hit 4K, immediately start holding 6.

Codemaster92163

D: Dammit - I was so proud of the CB combo I came up with against Alpha, and it turns out it's the same one they have in their combo challenge ._. Oh well, I have a different one (:

After her CB, use :3::3::P+K: > :3::P::P::6::P: > :4::6::H+K: > :9::K: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

YAY! She has a combo similar in nature to Bass when hitting the opponent (of ANY weight class) into the destructable wall on Scramble, the construction stage!

So basically, Bass' combo allows him to hit them into the wall, refloat them for a bit, then hit them into the girders for a double wall splat and cliffhanger sequence. Pai has one too!

Use any basic wall splat that DOES NOT require a launch, such as :3::P+K: or :3::K::P::P: then on any class other than heavies, use...

:P: > :4::6::H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :4::6::H+K: > then however many :P: s you can get off (around 6-10 more depending on their weight class) then finish it off with another wall splat like :P::P::K::K: or :6::K::P::K:

For heavy weights, use...

:P: > :4::6::H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :P::P::K::K:

I think I tried this in DOA5 vanilla, but it never worked. Or it could just be that I didn't use the :P: first, but whatever. Point is, it works, and it's a guaranteed cliff-hanger sequence on that stage, plus it looks downright humiliating. Just keep in mind that you slowly fall off axis, meaning you'll stop facing the wall and end up facing to the right or left. So before that happens, use your wall splat.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

After her PL, there's a few options you have available to you. Granted, her combo training one is the strongest, but it's situational (can't be near a wall) and can only be reliably done after a CB (you'll notice 236P+K whiffs often if you do a naked PL). So, here are two. One that's more reliable, and one that can be used at a wall (or anywhere, for that matter).

PL > :4::4::P: (should whiff) > :2::P+K: > :6::4::P+K: > :P: > :4::6::H+K: > :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K:

PL > (quick dash forward if not near a wall) > :4::P+K::P: > :H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

Just for a random combo that requires countering to work, you can try this. It looks pretty cool.

Any deep stun followed by :P+K: > :6::6::H+K: > (opponent has to counter out of stun for this next part to hit) :4::P+K::P: > :H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

Also, if your opponent is bad at slow escaping (fast and fastest no longer guarantee the combo), and you get the 33T on NH, you can try...

turn around > :6::4::P: > :4::4::P: > :2::P+K: > :6::6::P: > any CB combo

Last edited by a moderator:

FatalxInnocence

I figured out some combos, no idea if other people have come up with these yet but I'll post them anyway.

The pre-CB combo I used for all these was;

6KP4K, 4K2P ~ So the damage will be based off this alone.

ANYWAYl so from CB ~

33P+K, 3PP6P, 466P+K ~ 102 dmg
33P+K, 3PP6P, P, 9H+K ~ 104 dmg
33P+K, 3PP6P, P, 33PK ~ 109 dmg

Sadly, they only work on the lighter characters. I tested it on Jacky, only the 102 dmg one hit, on Sarah they all hit, on Lisa only the 102 dmg hit, Tina 102 & 109 hit, but they all hit on Kokoro & Ayane.

Anyway these were the coolest of my discoveries. ( I love 3PP6P, was just glad I found a way to utilize it in a combo. )

The standard combo is usually;

33P+K, P,P 46H+K, P, PPKK ~ 111 dmg

But to be honest I think endless P's in a combo looks incredibly boring... but it's higher damage- and seems to be most peoples staples. I'm style over damage though... for the most part anyway. I tend to go with what I think looks cool regardless of damage >_>;;

Edit; Also, on a side note. If you like 466H+K, 3PP6P is a LOT easier than P,P 46H+K P 466H+K which actually equals 102 dmg anyway.

Codemaster92163

I actually used those back (way back) before we knew that 66H+K was a relaunch. I used to use 3PP6P PPP7K. But yeah, they do a sizeable amount of damage considering they don't use 46H+K =P

FatalxInnocence

I actually used those back (way back) before we knew that 66H+K was a relaunch. I used to use 3PP6P PPP7K. But yeah, they do a sizeable amount of damage considering they don't use 46H+K =P

Yeah, I used 3PP6P when 66H+K was her bound move -_- back when I was like "Wow! that combo looks amazing!" I was so cut when it was lost. Ahh well~ Least I can still use it in a combo haha.

Codemaster92163

New combo for all midweights (not including Helena and the other heavier mids). It has the potential to be the highest damage one can achieve if there's an electrified floor or it's on HCH

CB > :3::H+K: > :4::6::H+K: > :4::6::H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

The same can work on lightweights with the usual :1::P: launch juggle, but it's much less consistent and not really worth it due to that. It can also work on lightweights following a :6::6::H+K: > :4::K:launch at max threshold (the :6::6::H+K: is necessary since the SDS into the launch provides a higher launch height than would otherwise be obtainable), as well as against the lightest characters like Mila and Sarah with a :3::P::P::6::P: launch, but again, they're not reliable like the mid-weight juggle.

It's not a matter of not knowing what determines its reliability (I know that it only functions when the opponent is bounced extremely close to the player and, of course, getting the +46 bounce) but rather why I can't consistently position myself as close as possible when launching while doing the same actions. Basically, I know what needs to happen for it to connect, but I can't figure out a reliable way to create those circumstances.

EDIT: I think I've got it. When working on lightweight characters, the key is to be very close AND make sure you look at whether you're in open/closed stance. When facing the right, you need to be in closed stance. When facing the left, you need to be in open stance. If you are, and you use :3::H+K: as your launch, finish it up with :P: > :4::6::H+K: > :4::6::H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

Last edited:

Darth Lotonic X

"No Timing" Power Launcher combos from my guide.

For information about the format of these combos go here

:4::6::H+K: resets the damage scaling for some reason, so combos with that move don’t follow the 40/50/60 power launcher rules. Damage values reflect this with (NH) (CH) (HCH).

No Wall:
Alpha: (:6_::P:) :3::H+K:, :3::H+K:, :6::4::P:, :4::6::H+K:, :9::K:, :P:, :P:, :3::3::P::K: (109) (128) (144)
Light/Mid: (:6_::P:) :3::H+K:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::H+K:, :6::4::P:, :P:, :P:, :3::3::P::K: (106) (125) (141)
Heavy: (:6_::P:) :3::H+K:, :6::4::P:, :P:, :4::6::H+K:, :P:, :P:, :P:, :3::3::P::K: (101) (118) (134)

Wall: Required
Alpha: (:P:) :3::H+K:x3, :P::P::K::K: (104)
Light: (:P:) :3::H+K:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :P:, :P::P::K::K: (102)
Mid/Heavy: (:P:) :3::H+K:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :P::P::K::K: (97)

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
New combo for all midweights (not including Helena and the other heavier mids). It has the potential to be the highest damage one can achieve if there's an electrified floor or it's on HCH

CB > :3::H+K: > :4::6::H+K: > :4::6::H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:

The same can work on lightweights with the usual :1::P: launch juggle, but it's much less consistent and not really worth it due to that. It can also work on lightweights following a :6::6::H+K: > :4::K:launch at max threshold (the :6::6::H+K: is necessary since the SDS into the launch provides a higher launch height than would otherwise be obtainable), as well as against the lightest characters like Mila and Sarah with a :3::P::P::6::P: launch, but again, they're not reliable like the mid-weight juggle.

It's not a matter of not knowing what determines its reliability (I know that it only functions when the opponent is bounced extremely close to the player and, of course, getting the +46 bounce) but rather why I can't consistently position myself as close as possible when launching while doing the same actions. Basically, I know what needs to happen for it to connect, but I can't figure out a reliable way to create those circumstances.

EDIT: I think I've got it. When working on lightweight characters, the key is to be very close AND make sure you look at whether you're in open/closed stance. When facing the right, you need to be in closed stance. When facing the left, you need to be in open stance. If you are, and you use :3::H+K: as your launch, finish it up with :P: > :4::6::H+K: > :4::6::H+K: > :P: > :P: > :P: > :3::3::P::K:
I can't do the double bound against any of the characters for some reason. I do the HCH :3: :H+K: but it wont allow the second :4: :6: :H+K: to hit.

Codemaster92163

You have to be both right on top of them as well as (in some circumstances) in closed stance if you're facing the right, and in open stance while facing left.

Codemaster92163

I really like that Hotzone and Car Scramble combo. I couldn't think of a way before to hit them from one car into the other, but I guess it had a simpler solution than I thought xD

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Found a new double bound combo.

:6::K::P:... :9::K:... :4::6::P+K:...:6::6::P: (CB!)... :3::H+K:... :4::6::H+K:...:4::6::H+K:... :P:... :P:... :3::3::P::K:

The reason why it worked is because :4::6::P+K: would put them in closed stance.

Codemaster92163

Off a CH counter or HCH counter for her high punch counter, regardless of opponent's SE speed (though you need to slightly adjust for fastest SE), you can set up a CB.

High Punch Counter > short dash > :3::K::P: > :6::6::P:

:3::K::P::P: when used on a BT opponent will always connect all 3 hits. It's impossible to shake the stun fast enough to turn around and counter any particular hit. And while, in this particular instance, an opponent doing perfect SEs can turn around fast enough after being countered to counter the first hit themselves (though not block them, unless you mess up), anything less than perfect will net you the first two hits guaranteed. That just leaves you the option of going for a throw or the CB.

If the opponent is shaking the stun perfectly, the timing is a bit more strict on the dash, though still doable. You'll also need to throw in a quick jab after the :3::K::P: for the CB to connect, though in that case, I wouldn't recommend going for the combo anyways, and would instead recommend the guaranteed damage.

Again, this works on both a CH counter and HCH counter. Also, once the new high kick counter changes are in place (where the opponent won't stumble as far away from Pai as they currently do), this will also work on that as well.

In addition to that, landing a HCH high kick counter when your opponent's back is against a wall guarantees a CB in much the same way as her :3::3::H+P:. Just use :P+K: > :6::6::P: for a guaranteed HCH CB combo. Though the chances of that happening are rather slim, it can still prove useful.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD