Characters Phase 4's Gigantic combo thread

Chapstick

hi ,i'm newbie in dead or alive 5 last round and i don't understand the combo like

236T,4P,4K,CHI K,TEN T = 79 (NH), 101 (HCH)

anybody please give me a tut ?
thank you
The numbers correlate to the directions on your controller.

So 236 is :236:. T is throw button, P is punch, K is kick. CHI and TEN stand for her stance transitions, which you perform by hitting P+K at the right time. NH means neutral hit, which always does the least damage. HCH or hiC is high counter, which always does the most damage. Personally I don't like the way that combo is written down because it's kind of confusing and the all caps thing throws me off. Here's what that combo looks like with the buttons, maybe it'll make more sense to you:

:236::F+P:(Otherwise known as throw) :4::P: :4::K::5::P+K:(her chifu stance):5::K::5::P+K:(her tenfu stance):5::F+P:

Lemme know if you still don't get it.

navmesh

The numbers correlate to the directions on your controller.

So 236 is :236:. T is throw button, P is punch, K is kick. CHI and TEN stand for her stance transitions, which you perform by hitting P+K at the right time. NH means neutral hit, which always does the least damage. HCH or hiC is high counter, which always does the most damage. Personally I don't like the way that combo is written down because it's kind of confusing and the all caps thing throws me off. Here's what that combo looks like with the buttons, maybe it'll make more sense to you:

:236::F+P:(Otherwise known as throw) :4::P: :4::K::5::P+K:(her chifu stance):5::K::5::P+K:(her tenfu stance):5::F+P:

Lemme know if you still don't get it.
Thank you so much for very detailed instruction , now i understand it :)

i also want to ask what does the "~" mean ?
and the "NH" is the damage amount when you perform a combo (without counter strike) and "HCH" is when you do it with counter strike .right ?
Thanks again :)

Chapstick

and the "NH" is the damage amount when you perform a combo (without counter strike) and "HCH" is when you do it with counter strike .right ?
I just put the ~ in there so you know the moves are connected. chi~K is clearly doing the K followup from chifu while chi K could mean you do chifu then a standing K.

Second part- yes

Tempest

HCH is specifically when you hit an opponent while he is trying to throw. Most of your combos will be CH from hitting while an opponent is using a strike.

navmesh

it seems that there is no air-throw combo in the training-command , may i ask which is the easiest air-throw combo in the #1 post ?
Thanks

Tempest

Is there a list of heavy weight juggles with annotations lying around anywhere? I don't know what's optimal after 33P and whatnot in early stun levels.

Chapstick

Well shit, I had an entire neatly organized combo thread on 4orce-tech I was gonna copy and paste some stuff onto here from but it appears the site went under. Had optimal stuff for every important launch on every stun level. Oh well. I probably shoulda had all that stuff backed up in a word document.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
it seems that there is no air-throw combo in the training-command , may i ask which is the easiest air-throw combo in the #1 post ?
Thanks
When the opponent is launched, :6::P::K::P+K::F: is a good one. Also, for light characters, :3::3::K: then immediately :8::F: can initiate the air throw.

Tempest

Well shit, I had an entire neatly organized combo thread on 4orce-tech I was gonna copy and paste some stuff onto here from but it appears the site went under. Had optimal stuff for every important launch on every stun level. Oh well. I probably shoulda had all that stuff backed up in a word document.
Any chance you could recreate it?

Chapstick

Any chance you could recreate it?
Forgot to answer this

Probably not, it was a lot of work and I'd have to create a separate thread for it and then we'd have two combo threads going. I also dropped her to sub status for the time being, she doesn't feel as fun in LR.

Tempest

Forgot to answer this

Probably not, it was a lot of work and I'd have to create a separate thread for it and then we'd have two combo threads going. I also dropped her to sub status for the time being, she doesn't feel as fun in LR.
Ah ok , I'll get to work putting something together then. The combo thread we have is pretty disorganized and incomplete.

Chapstick

I remember I had the layout like

Launchers (the important ones)

33P
-stun lvl 1 for each weight
-stun 2
-stun 3

-same

-same

Throws

236T

236T ceiling

236T wall

1T
-same as 236T's variations

Holds

-same as throws with the ceiling and wall variations

PL

-Timed

-No timing

-Ceiling

Environment

-Then I started coming up with max damage juggles for every danger zone in every stage

Videos

-some videos I had made of random juggles

So maybe you can see why I don't feel like doing that all again after finishing most of it and now losing it lol. Maybe use that as a rough template for yours if you wanna make one. I had most of the things neatly in spoilers so it wouldn't be too much scrolling like you get with most guides.

Zero Beat

This may have been posted already, and apologies if it has, but against Alpha, you can do 33K 7K~Chifu K~Tenfu P 8K~Tenfu K~Chifu P for 71/89/106 post-CB damage before factoring in any potential wall and/or fall damage. It's best to do this on counter or hi counter since its damage beats all her open space post-CB combos that end with a Tenfu Air T (3 or 5 on counter, 9 or 11 on hi counter depending on if you use the one that the requires timing or not), and Tenfu Air T is impossible to land without a wall, preferably an invisible one to prevent a wallsplat (if you do land it, it does 85/97/109 post-CB damage). Another positive to this combo is that unlike her max damage Tenfu Air T combo, it does not require timing to pull off.

This combo can also work in Scramble against lightweight characters when the Cliffhanger is primed and ready provided you're going downhill, and in fact I used it in a video earlier in the thread against Ayane. This also means that it won't work on Alpha if you're going downhill against her without adjusting your timing, but this is easily fixed by doing 4K at the beginning instead of 33K. As a very slight bonus, 4K does 1/2/2 more damage than 33K.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This may have been posted already, and apologies if it has, but against Alpha, you can do 33K 9K~Chifu K~Tenfu P 8K~Tenfu K~Chifu P for 71/89/106 post-CB damage before factoring in any potential wall and/or fall damage. It's best to do this on counter or hi counter since its damage beats all her open space post-CB combos that end with a Tenfu Air T (3 or 5 on counter, 9 or 11 on hi counter depending on if you use the one that the requires timing or not), and Tenfu Air T is impossible to land without a wall, preferably an invisible one to prevent a wallsplat (if you do land it, it does 85/97/109 post-CB damage). Another positive to this combo is that unlike her max damage Tenfu Air T combo, it does not require timing to pull off.

This combo can also work in Scramble against lightweight characters when the Cliffhanger is primed and ready provided you're going downhill, and in fact I used it in a video earlier in the thread against Ayane. This also means that it won't work on Alpha if you're going downhill against her without adjusting your timing, but this is easily fixed by doing 4K at the beginning instead of 33K. As a very slight bonus, 4K does 1/2/2 more damage than 33K.
Nice! I have one question though, by 9K~chifu, you meant 7K~chifu right?

Chapstick

Basically just for shits and giggles, I wanted to see how many P+K teleports I could fit in one combo and then I noticed if you stand like half a step up from the starting position in open stance this leads you right into the bench. Idek how many tries this took me to record

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD