Characters Phase 4's Gigantic combo thread

KING JAIMY

The first (setup) one contains a lot of mid punches before going for the 4K launch, not that this is something bad, but they are holdable and you may want to consider that the opponent is going to hold that because you could also go for a CB instead.
Actually the more important thing is the juggle itself not the set-up. Invent your own set-up if needed.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

You did not wrote that KK has to land on counterhit, did you? However, it doesn't matter because if the opponent is SEing after getting counter-hit by KK, 3P will not hit, regardless if counter-hit or not.

KK does indeed stun on both normal hit and counter hit, maybe connect with a jab (P), to prevent slow escapers from blocking the next move? So instead of 3P.P+K you do P.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
At least the last K (the 3 in 1) of KKK, misses for me, no idea. That's why I would recommend a different ender. Maybe someone else can test that.

And I'm not sure what you mean with that^^:
Note that if Chifu K is used as a LAUNCHER rather than a juggle

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
KK does indeed stun on both normal hit and counter hit, maybe connect with a jab (P), to prevent slow escapers from blocking the next move? So instead of 3P.P+K you do P.

I said that because I thought the advantage on KK is different if you land it on counter-hit or not. I checked it again, on K, there is a difference, but not on KK, so I was wrong there.

Using P instead of 3P+K works better, however, on fastest SE, you are out of range for a jab, it will be blocked too. This is actually very weird. If I set the AI to fast SE, P will hit, but on fastest, P will not reach the opponent.

KING JAIMY

I said that because I thought the advantage on KK is different if you land it on counter-hit or not. I checked it again, on K, there is a difference, but not on KK, so I was wrong there.

Using P instead of 3P+K works better, however, on fastest SE, you are out of range for a jab, it will be blocked too. This is actually very weird. If I set the AI to fast SE, P will hit, but on fastest, P will not reach the opponent.
Forget about KK I would say, it was just a quick set-up I came up with.

KING JAIMY

At least the last K (the 3 in 1) of KKK, misses for me, no idea. That's why I would recommend a different ender. Maybe someone else can test that.

And I'm not sure what you mean with that^^:
Note how Chifu K.P+K is a launcher in combo 2 instead of a juggle (that is, Chifu K.P+K is a move that hits the opponent into the air instead of hitting the opponent in the air. When Chifu K is a launcher and follow up with Tenfu P, you can do PKKK without it whiffing.

KING JAIMY

@ToKyo PewPew, to explain my point a little further:

1) Counter hit 3P.P+K - P6P.P+K - 3P.P+K - 4K.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PPK
2) KK - 3P.P+K - 1PP.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PKKK
Notice how both combos have different launchers (underlined and bold). The first combo has 4K.P+K as a launcher and in this combo Chifu K.P+K is a JUGGLE instead of launcher.

Now compare it to the second combo. Here the launcher is Chifu K.P+K. It is used to launch the opponent into the air.

My point here is that if Chifu K.P+K is used as a launcher, you can follow-up with Tenfu P AND end with PKKK.
Whereas if 4K.P+K is used as a launcher, and Chifu K.P+K as a juggle follow-up, and then Tenfu P, then you can NOT use PKK as a combo ender.

Long story short:
Chifu K.P+K launcher = PKKK allowed (no wall)
Chifu K.P+K juggle = PKKK not allowed (no wall)

Now you could be asking, WHY does PKKK whiff if Chifu K.P+K is used as a juggle? This could be because in the first combo, you ALREADY have 2 juggles (Chifu K.P+K and Tenfu P) so the threshold of combo can be overridden and does not allow 6 hits (like in PKKK) but only allows 5 hits (like in PPK). Whereas in the second combo Chifu K.P+K is your launcher and you ONLY have 1 juggle (Tenfu P), therefore there is more space for more hits and allows for 6 hits (like PKKK).

Hopefully you understand it now. :kasumi-alpha:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

Notice how both combos have different launchers (underlined and bold). The first combo has 4K.P+K as a launcher and in this combo Chifu K.P+K is a JUGGLE instead of launcher.

Now compare it to the second combo. Here the launcher is Chifu K.P+K. It is used to launch the opponent into the air.

My point here is that if Chifu K.P+K is used as a launcher, you can follow-up with Tenfu P AND end with PKKK.
Whereas if 4K.P+K is used as a launcher, and Chifu K.P+K as a juggle follow-up, and then Tenfu P, then you can NOT use PKK as a combo ender.

Long story short:

Now you could be asking, WHY does PKKK whiff if Chifu K.P+K is used as a juggle? This could be because in the first combo, you ALREADY have 2 juggles (Chifu K.P+K and Tenfu P) so the threshold of combo can be overridden and does not allow 6 hits (like in PKKK) but only allows 5 hits (like in PPK). Whereas in the second combo Chifu K.P+K is your launcher and you ONLY have 1 juggle (Tenfu P), therefore there is more space for more hits and allows for 6 hits (like PKKK).

I understand what you mean now, I was just confused that you called Chifu K a "juggle", while I would consider it as part of a juggle or at least relauncher. And I tried your combo again, now it works fine, even with the PKKK ender. Don't know why it always missed before.

So yeah, thanks for your explenations.

KING JAIMY

I understand what you mean now, I was just confused that you called Chifu K a "juggle", while I would consider it as part of a juggle or at least relauncher. And I tried your combo again, now it works fine, even with the PKKK ender. Don't know why it always missed before.

So yeah, thanks for your explenations.
You're welcome! It shouldn't have missed before, only misses if you override the combo threshold, and that is when Chifu K.P+K is not a launcher.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

(not sure how to say this)
If a CHI :K: finishes a wall combo at an uneven axis and knocks them to the side you can :P+K: TEN :K: for
a really risky force-tech. Hella unsafe.. but fun.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor

Long story short:

I tested that second combo again, it's going to give me a headache :confused:.
I made a little video about. Since I do not own a capture card, I had to make kind of a pseudo dojo. I hope you can still get something out of it.

I tried it with the intial stun via KK as you wrote first and PKKK whiffes there, both on Kasumi and on Ein. I tested it on these two to figure out if there is a difference between the weight classes.

With 6P as a single intial stun, I can use it on Kasumi (at 0:18), but not on Ein. I never got the Chifu K launch this way (like at 0:09).

As you see, even when Chifu K launches the opponent, I'm not always able to use both Tenfu P and PKKK. Maybe I don't get the excact timing of it. Or do you see me doing something else wrong?

KING JAIMY

I tested that second combo again, it's going to give me a headache :confused:.
I made a little video about. Since I do not own a capture card, I had to make kind of a pseudo dojo. I hope you can still get something out of it.

I tried it with the intial stun via KK as you wrote first and PKKK whiffes there, both on Kasumi and on Ein. I tested it on these two to figure out if there is a difference between the weight classes.

With 6P as a single intial stun, I can use it on Kasumi (at 0:18), but not on Ein. I never got the Chifu K launch this way (like at 0:09).

As you see, even when Chifu K launches the opponent, I'm not always able to use both Tenfu P and PKKK. Maybe I don't get the excact timing of it. Or do you see me doing something else wrong?
As I mentioned earlier, forget about KK - 3P.P+K. I had to come up with a quick set-up, and realized afterwards that it didn't work. Some other ways in which the PKKK will 100% hit:

a) 6PP (CH) - 1PP.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PKKK
b) 3P.P+K (CH) - PPP.P+K - 3P.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PKKK
c) P+K.P+K (CH) - P6P.P+K - 3P.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - PKKK

I notice in your first attempt of the combo (the original combo I posted), 1PP.P+K is the launcher instead of Chifu K.P+K, so that's why PKKK whiffs.

KING JAIMY

Basically the 2nd combo is useless then, just use another set-up and let Chifu K.P+K be the launcher at stun level 3 (Critical stun in red letters), then Tenfu P and then PKKK will not miss.

Zero Beat

Here's the most damaging combos I've found so far, all tested in Dojo stage:

Featherweight: 6H+K 66K~P+K Tenfu P P+K~P+K Chifu P+K (critical burst) 33K 4P 7K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu T. 149 damage on normal hit. Delay 4P slightly to connect. You can replace P+K~P+K Chifu P+K with P+K 6P+K to do the same damage and switch up your rhythm a bit.

Combo for super lightweight to heavyweight chracters: 6H+K 66K~P+K Tenfu P P+K~P+K Chifu P+K (critical burst) 33K 4P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu T. 146 damage on normal hit. You can replace P+K~P+K Chifu P+K with P+K 6P+K to do the same damage and switch up your rhythm a bit.

Combo for super heavyweight characters: 6H+K 66K~P+K Tenfu P P+K~P+K Chifu P+K (critical burst) 33K 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu T. 138 damage on normal hit. Super heavies drop too fast for the air throw to connect at the end if you use 4P. You can replace P+K~P+K Chifu P+K with P+K 6P+K to do the same damage and switch up your rhythm a bit.

Problem is that 6H+K has a 20 frame startup and leaves you at -11 on block, so at high-level play, it's not practical at all. I don't know if its range is good or not since I just started getting serious and have a lot to learn. The CB combo is also High K - Mid K - Mid P - Mid P - Mid P. Chances are you'll eat a counter. However, I don't think it can be slow escaped. I set Com Reaction to Guard All, Recovery to On, and Stagger Escape to fastest, tried the combo, and all hits connected. I think that means it can only be escaped via critical hold, but I'm not sure.

Also, these combos travel a long way. In most cases, you won't be able to get the combo out in full unless your back is to a wall and you're heading to the other side of the stage or you're on the path in forest or dojo.

For giggles, I went to Scramble, set up the Cliffhanger chance, and got as far away as possible. You have to be backed up against the wall between the beams that fall down to get this to work. Tested this out against Ayane: 6H+K 66K~P+K Tenfu P P+K 6P+K (critical burst) 33K 4P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P PKKK Cliffhanger T. 216 damage on normal hit, only works in Scramble since Flow doesn't have enough room or a slope during the Cliffhanger chance. 286 on Hi Counter.

For super heavyweights, omit 4P to get it to work (damage is reduced to 208). Works against Alpha 152 if you delay 4P by about a quarter second to a third of a second, then delay the 4K a bit, and since the Tenfu P near the end the combo will almost never hit due to Chifu K launching her a ton on the downslope, end it with Tenfu K~P+K Chifu P Cliffhanger T (damage is reduced to 202), but be aware that this is difficult as hell to do and Alpha's neutral stance is semi-crouched, meaning the inital 6H+K will often miss. It's a lot less frustrating to do a simpler combo for Alpha 152 after the Critical Burst, like 4K 6PK~P+K Tenfu K~P+K Chifu P.

If I manage to pull any of these off online, I expect much ragequitting and for a handful of people to fear Phase 4. :phase4:

Last edited:

Chapstick

Don't think anyone's done this since it's a little useless against a lot of opponents but here's a couple juggles if your opponent doesn't like to tech on landing just to contribute to the thread. I was surprised how much damage you could do off that tiny bounce.

Feather through Heavy: 8K dash in a teensy bit 4P 4K chi K ten T (94 dmg)
Super Heavy: 8K dash in a teensy bit 4P 4K chi K (66 dmg) replace chi K with chi P if it's in reach of a wall for 71 (76 electric) dmg

Here's a little vid to show what I mean by doing it off of 8K

Last edited:

Zero Beat

Edited the CB combo slightly. For a staggering 1 extra point of damage, replace 3P~P+K Chifu P+K with P+K~P+K Chifu P+K or P+K 6P+K. Note that P+K~P+K Chifu P+K travels further than P+K 6P+K and the timing is different. To do the max damage combo for backed into the corner on Scramble (tested Ayane again), you have to use 6P+K to have enough room for Chifu K to not cause a wall splat, and it results in 216 normal hit/286 hi counter damage now. Only a 1 to 2 point difference, but still.

I have also edited my previous post to show the new combos and damage totals.

Last edited:

Nightpup

Here's some shit she can get off of her low kick counter. These all do more damage than going into her throw if it's a Hi Counter Hold.

8KP+K ChifuP 8K+PK ChifuP PPPP+K TenfuP (Alpha)
8KP+K ChifuP 8K+PK ChifuP 3PP+K TenfuP (Light weights)
4KP+K TenfuKP+K ChifuP 3PP+K TenfuP (Mid weights)
4KP+K TenfuKP+K ChifuT (Heavy weights, Helena, Gen Fu)

As a bonus, here's a CB combo that works well against Alpha.
CB! 33K 4P 4KP+K TenfuKP+K Chifu P PPPP+K TenfuP

Zero Beat

Tag mode only CB combos that work pretty well if your other character is knocked out/forced out/needs a quick health recharge. All combos tested on Dojo and take place after Critical Burst (just wanted to make sure that was clear).

Alpha: 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu K~P+K Chifu P. 114 damage after CB on normal hit.

Superlight to Lightweight: 33K 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu K~P+K Chifu P. 98 damage after CB on normal hit.

Middleweight to Gen Fu: 33K 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P PPP~P+K Chifu P. 83 damage after CB on normal hit.

Superheavy: 33K 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P PPP~P+K Chifu P. 58 damage after CB on normal hit.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Alpha: 4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu P4K~P+K Chifu K~P+K Tenfu K~P+K Chifu P. 114 damage after CB on normal hit.
I found this before, fun fact- you can do the full thing off of just a NH 4K launch, no CB necessary. Kinda ridiculous imo xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD