• Meh

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Voted "Meh"
I like the idea, not so much the execution of said idea (if she were mid 20s instead of 18 and actually looked older then it would be a yes).

FatalxInnocence

I don't like salads, however I like Honoka. In my eyes she's more like a buffet.

Being new, I don't mine that she is composed mostly of moves from other characters. I like the concept of a character that has no fixed move sets or style. I hope TN uses her to sample new martial arts in DOA6.

I actually hope in T6 they give her some Marie Rose moves =P she seems to be lacking stuff from the 5U added characters which is saddening ( Apart from Ein & Leon of course... though both characters shares moves with Hitomi & Bayman who were in Vanilla... so depends how you look at it really. )

Xernuht

It's a mixed opinion, leaning towards yes for me.

On the one hand, she's everything wrong with the moe genre that Marie Rose didn't cover, with a backstory that screams of absolute retardedness if it DOES turn out she's Raidou's other spawn.

On the other hand, she is a true Dural-style fighter, with the addition of stances and an energy behind her moves that VF's final boss sorely lacks. She's in the fight and loving every second. Her theme is also disturbingly fun.

KwonJigglypuff

Seeing the moves she took from Rig (4 moves), Mila (her stance), Marie-Rose (none), and Nyotengu (none), it's funny to notice how there is a correlation between the few number of these moves and the recentness of these reveals.

It doesn't make any sense and it's quite disappointing actually. Why does she have so many from Tina's moveset and not a single one from Mila's ? Is it because of the canon ? Or does this mean she was planned before Mila in DOA5 ? It could be possible seeing how Mila was a bit rushed in Vanilla.

I guess this means these characters (Marie-Rose, Nyotengu, Honoka, Phase 4) were planned for Vanilla with Rig and Mila, but for some reasons and with no particular order, Rig was the first one to be finished. But that would be weird because 5 females for 1 male is too much. Maybe there are other unfinished DLC males in store...

Anyway, I hope she will have more moves from the last newcomers.

David Gregg

Seeing the moves she took from Rig (4 moves), Mila (her stance), Marie-Rose (none), and Nyotengu (none), it's funny to notice how there is a correlation between the few number of these moves and the recentness of these reveals.

It doesn't make any sense and it's quite disappointing actually. Why does she have so many from Tina's moveset and not a single one from Mila's ? Is it because of the canon ? Or does this mean she was planned before Mila in DOA5 ? It could be possible seeing how Mila was a bit rushed in Vanilla.

I guess this means these characters (Marie-Rose, Nyotengu, Honoka, Phase 4) were planned for Vanilla with Rig and Mila, but for some reasons and with no particular order, Rig was the first one to be finished. But that would be weird because 5 females for 1 male is too much. Maybe there are other unfinished DLC males in store...

I think that the characters (except maybe Raidou) were released in the order they were developed. Honoka is the definition of a rushed character (i.e. recycled face model and moves). Also Team Ninja noted that when they were developing her they were able to fully utilize the "soft engine" meaning Last Round was in the works when they were creating her.

I understand their moveset logic as well. They'd obviously avoid MR's moveset since Honoka already resembles the loli enough so they'd get even more negative backlash from fans that she's an MR copycat. As far as Nyo goes, unless you're holding a fan and/or have wings the moves visually look odd. Not to mention it's too soon to be copying those characters' moves anyway.

Pictured Mind

They'd obviously avoid MR's moveset since Honoka already resembles the loli enough so they'd get even more negative backlash from fans that she's an MR copycat. As far as Nyo goes, unless you're holding a fan and/or have wings the moves visually look odd. Not to mention it's too soon to be copying those characters' moves anyway.

It's always too soon to be copying moves.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Imagine this:
This is not even Honoka. It is a clone of Honoka that which was created by DOATEC/MIST. The real Honoka is probably an executive of another ominous organization laughing her ass off.

All jokes aside, DOA5LR is just around the corner... Honoka and Raidou are going to be playable... along with a lot of other good stuff.

KwonJigglypuff

I think that the characters (except maybe Raidou) were released in the order they were developed. Honoka is the definition of a rushed character (i.e. recycled face model and moves). Also Team Ninja noted that when they were developing her they were able to fully utilize the "soft engine" meaning Last Round was in the works when they were creating her.

I understand their moveset logic as well. They'd obviously avoid MR's moveset since Honoka already resembles the loli enough so they'd get even more negative backlash from fans that she's an MR copycat. As far as Nyo goes, unless you're holding a fan and/or have wings the moves visually look odd. Not to mention it's too soon to be copying those characters' moves anyway.

I like your theories. You might be right.
But what about Mila ?

Saber

Notice how all her moves (with a few exceptions like Ayane and Hayate and her original ones) are based off of the characters from DOA who practice a specific school of combat ie. trained in that field ie. take a look at her bio.

The truth is, Honoka has this strange knack for instantly learning any fighting move she sees.
and
Honoka takes her favorite moves copied from various sources
and fighting styles
Mila's moves are MMA, not actually a school of combat.

I think that's why. I could be wrong, though.

Kronin

I think more simply that Honoka didn't steal the moveset from Marie Rose, Nyotengu and Phase 4 because they are considered newcomers for DoA5LR (as the launch trailer made appear them), so of course it's in the interest of the game keeping their "news" not including a character that own part of their gameplay (in addition of course to the fact that honoka seems to be thought for being a "civilian fighters" copycat, so hardly she could use moves from Nyo or Phase). Another less important reason could be even that Honoka is promoted as tag partner of Marie Rose, so maybe they wanted avoid a tag team where players make use of the same moves (differently from Hayate/Ein or Kasumi/Phase 4 where the thing is justified from the storyline behind the charas and getting similarities is just part of the characters' purpose.).

However reamin the doubt because Honoka didn't get moves from Mila.

KwonJigglypuff

That's weird, she could get Mila's P+K, her KP and that would be fine.

Fer feint and ground attacks would remain exclusive to Mila.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD