• No

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 26 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FatalxInnocence

No.

She is fake, forced, manufactured otaku bait cooked in a lab.

Or made in a kitchen, whichever you prefer.

And the fact that she basically looks like exactly Honoka from Idolmaster with bigger boobs is quite telling. If people see potential in her moveset viability, I won't argue with that.

Well, you can't argue with opinion anyway. You can dislike the way she looks, and there's nothing wrong with that. But if someone thinks she's cute, and a cool looking character I don't see how you can deny them that right and argue with them about it either. Nor does it mean that people that like her appearance are "weeaboo" or "otaku" either. She's just 1 character after all.

werewolfgold

She is sweet, pure, innocent, upbeat, and has a beautiful anime girl look.
Just like alllllllllllllllllllll the others. There was little creativity. Just copypasta of perhaps everything otaku "stereotypes" would find appealing. Refer to my edit about Idolmaster. It's also kind of funny because all of the women got J-pop idol outfits a while ago. Thus, adding someone who looks like a cute J-pop idol may be a non-starter. Now, people can and do like things that technically aren't that original, and you can say that because she does look like a cute J-pop idol, she fits right in.

Well, you can't argue with opinion anyway. You can dislike the way she looks, and there's nothing wrong with that. But if someone thinks she's cute, and a cool looking character I don't see how you can deny them that right and argue with them about it either. Nor does it mean that people that like her appearance are "weeaboo" or "otaku" either. She's just 1 character after all.
You can argue with the basis of which an opinion is formed. If someone thinks she's cute, fine. She pretty obviously is. I will argue with the fact that she is somehow not as "tryhard" or something as a character like Mignon Beart or Lucky Chloe (though I think Lucky Chloe's design is worse in the sense that it's a pastiche of perhaps too many concepts and too busy).

Also, I'm not trying to label anyone. It is quite within the realm of possibility that someone who does not identify as an "otaku" can like something that "otaku" would also find appealing. I just use the term because the concept is usually well-understood.

Umm why is this thread not in the Honoka forums?
Oh, but it is!

SGG_You_Got_It.gif
Well, it's already been moved. But, likely the point was to get the opinions of foot-traffic who wouldn't necessarily venture into the Honoka forum on their own. People who would go there (come here) at all may already like her and maybe even want to main her in the future, thus skewing the poll. @Koyomi Araragi

Edit: I suppose there is a residual redirect link where it was, but I don't think that gets bumped with activity.

Last edited:

Squizzo

Meh.
I quite like her appearance and personality. Some may say she's unoriginal and maybe she is if you're familiar with a lot of anime characters but I barely ever watch any anime so she doesn't come across as being so unoriginal to me.
I'm just disappointed that she's a mimic character. It wouldn't really be that bad if she also had some unique moves or even if they just altered the animations of her stolen moves slightly to make them look a little bit more unique..

Nikotsumi

I like her design, her pink hair reminds me of Serah from FFXIII (and i am a big fan of the FF series), however i was hoping for an original fighting style, beacause it could have been something cool and flashy with the power she has, but after seeing her movelist and the stances she has i started to like her, i think she is the "most original" mimic character i've ever seen.
Oh, and i also like her theme. :honoka:

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

It wouldn't really be that bad if she also had some unique moves or even if they just altered the animations of her stolen moves slightly to make them look a little bit more unique..

Doesn't she have her own stance with her own moves? Is her stance full of un-original stuff too?

Squizzo

She has four moves from her Hissatsu-no-Kamae: A unique critical burst, a kick that looks suspiciously like Bass' 7k and two throws stolen from Raidou. Apart from that just her power blow / launcher are unique.

Kronin

By the way her profile say that from her stance she should get access to unique moves: "In her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, however, she is imbued with an unbelievable strength and becomes capable of techniques she has never seen from any other fighter."

I think there is a chance that the movelist that we got could be lacking of them contrarily to the final version.

David Gregg

I like her design, her pink hair reminds me of Serah from FFXIII (and i am a big fan of the FF series), however i was hoping for an original fighting style, beacause it could have been something cool and flashy with the power she has, but after seeing her movelist and the stances she has i started to like her, i think she is the "most original" mimic character i've ever seen.
Oh, and i also like her theme. :honoka:

I would just like to point out that if Honoka is copying anyone's hair color it is actually Ayane's alternate hair from DOA1. At first it looks slightly different but if you turn down the saturation in the Ayane pic it's actually identical:

ha.png

Jaguar360

By the way her profile say that from her stance she should get access to unique moves: "In her Hissatsu-no-Kamae stance, however, she is imbued with an unbelievable strength and becomes capable of techniques she has never seen from any other fighter."

I think there is a chance that the movelist that we got could be lacking of them contrarily to the final version.
That's supposed to be like her critical burst and stuff from that one fiery stance. It's also the stance with her Raidou Underworld Drop throw (at least the first part of it). Hoping we see more from that stance.

Honokawaii

I think people mainly dislike her for her non inspired moveset.

I do hope TN adds some originality to her moveset in DOA6, let her copy moves and all but let her add a unique twist to them. I am not a gameplay master so I can't give many examples but you get what I mean.

I think Double from Skullgirls is a good example of a copy character with a unique twist.

I don't want her to change her design as I like how it is inspired by Honoka from Love Live.

Nightpup

I think people mainly dislike her for her non inspired moveset.

I do hope TN adds some originality to her moveset in DOA6, let her copy moves and all but let her add a unique twist to them. I am not a gameplay master so I can't give many examples but you get what I mean.

I think Double from Skullgirls is a good example of a copy character with a unique twist.

I don't want her to change her design as I like how it is inspired by Honoka from Love Live.
The thing about Double is that she's not a copy character at all. Every single one of Double's moves are entirely original. Double only copies appearances, not fighting styles.

HonoKattle should be the name of the Honoka fanbase IMO, just because its punny.
No. The fanbase should obviously be "The Salad Bar".

Kite

I don't like salads, however I like Honoka. In my eyes she's more like a buffet.

Being new, I don't mine that she is composed mostly of moves from other characters. I like the concept of a character that has no fixed move sets or style. I hope TN uses her to sample new martial arts in DOA6.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD