Pre-Release DOA5U Videos from TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScattereDreams

I really want to see some Ein... But Hayate will do. Did anyone upload the Hayate match on youtube? I'm having problems loading the videos from the direct links

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
Finally got threw them all.

- Lots and lots of Jacky coverage. He looks a bit simpler than I thought but maybe that's just the players not taking advantage of more potential tools. Either way it looks like I might be able to use him. Bring him on.

- Rachel's theme is pretty awesome I have to say. Some of her voice clips are a little too exaggerated though, like she's trying too hard to sound cool. Also her stance is awkward the way she jumps around. Spartan's kinda was too but it would be more fitting if Rachel kinda had a more menacing stance where she just stood there like a tower over her opponent.

- Jann Lee's flip kick is now a guard break, can't remember the motion though. You'll know it when you see it.

- Hayate's 7T looks nerfed for sure. He got it on HCT and did 6P and Jacky was immediately able to block. The player might have just did it too slow but that'll blow if all you get off that guaranteed is jabs now, now he'll no longer have an edge over the rest of the case though.

Also his teleport is faster than I thought but it has a good deal of recovery looks like, not sure how practical using it for BT combos will be. Also it would benefit from being charge canceled into. If you can only do it straight away players can just wait and punish you for it. Also if it can only be done from a certain range it won't be that great. I want full screen teleports. FULL SCREEN.

- More competent Momiji gameplay than before but still nothing too great. She has an interesting fire spin move not seen yet though, wonder how useful it'll be.

- Leon got owned but his chest tackle looking attack causes a sit down like people wanted so rejoice.

- Double Izuna is the most amazing thing ever.

Most notably, no competent gameplay of Ein yet. All the new chars got semi decent coverage except him. Still waiting. I'm a little more satisfied now though, so I can wait a while. Plus SJ is right around the corner.

I dont think they nerfed it he was just slow... I Mean why would they he only gets a 6p from it anyway! Its not broken

HoodsXx

So I'm definitely liking the fact that they increased the launch height in 5U. Don't know if it'll stay but that's definitely a plus in my books. Especially since it looks like you get the kind of launch you want when you CH/HCH them kind of like doa3. (I know it's not the exact same, but similar). Hope to see more characters soon (plox Brad Wong).

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
that's cause their wasn't a Leon player in his last vid.they got interrupted at E3 and the Leon player had to leave for some reason.they continued the match but only Rachel was actually fighting

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't think I got enough Jacky and Jann Lee footage. Hm, yeah, needed more of them.

Would've liked to see a better player who could sorta kinda use Leon at a basic level, but whatever. I'll take what I can get.

PJudge

Nice to see some new footage, just a shame that the Leon player clearly didn't have any idea what to do. It was almost painful to watch someone that bad, but oh well. As Brute said, I'll take what I can get.

Ghosty-J

Oh yes, it just gives me the really warm fuzzies to see my most beloved DoA character :jannlee: and one of my VF5FS subs :jacky: get a lot of love. It's like these videos were uploaded just for me <3

I'm a little disappointed to see his :6::K:, :P:, :4::H+K: bound combo doesn't work off of Normal Hit like it does in the source, but :4::H+K:, :6_::P:, :1::P+K::P::P: is good enough for me. However, I find TN's choice of voice clips for his tag victory pose with Jann Lee extremely lazy. They should have gone with clips from his item win poses like:
"Don't hate me!"
"You have the slowest reflexes of all time!"
"I'm looking for more than strength."
"I'd try and play easy on ya!"
And my favorite, "MY NAME IS JACKY BRYANT!"
Or they could have gone back to VF4 and threw in "I done handcuffed lightning" in there instead of using a voice clip you're gonna hear most of the time during the fight. It's probably just me, but they really should have put more soul into that win pose in general. I'll just deal with what I have I guess.

Also pretty bummed out Leon didn't put up much of a fight, but I'm still happy to see him in action. Not really a fan of how large the desert stage is since it's rather difficult to take advantage of the pillar hazards around the stage. At least a slope is there to add an interesting spin on things. Since I haven't used Jann Lee in a while, I'd like to see more of him to closer examine what's been changed and what hasn't. That's all for my wall of text. Looking forward to making some Jacky videos X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD