DOA5U "Prepare" - Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So here are some things I've had some opportunity utilizing in sets today. Copy and pasted my from own documents;

1P+K P, 6P+K, BT4P+K and BT4H+K Gut Stun Oki tech:

6P+K's recovery is 23 frames, the others recover in 28 frames. So you can proceed with BT strike mix up with up to i15 frames from 6P+K's Gut Stun.

The following are for 1P+K P, BT4P+KP and BT4H+K Gut Stuns;

0) BTP hit confirms after any Gut Stun. That coupled with everything else makes everything a potent mix up.

1) Whiff 5T or 2T > 1P+K > BT2K = +16 force tech, +14 if they tech up after 1P+K is performed

2) Whiff BT6K > 2P (+29) > 2P = +24 force tech, +14 if they tech up after whiffed BT6K

3) Whiff BT2P > 1P (+28) > 1P2K (+13) OR 1P > BT2P = +23 force tech, +20 if they tech up after whiffed BT2P

4) Whiff BT1P into delayed 2K = +16 force tech, +15 if they tech up after whiffed BT1P

5) Whiff 5T or 2T > Whiff 5P > BT2P (+28) > 2P = +24 force tech, +14 if they tech up after whiffed 5P

6) Whiff 5T or 2T > Whiff 5P > BT1P2P (+13) OR BT1P (+27) into BT2P (+23) OR into BT2P (+22 and leaves Ayane in BT stance). +14 if they tech up after whiffed 5P

7) Whiff 64T > micro dash then 2H+K = +20 force tech, +27 if they tech up after whiffed 64T. If they hold high/mid, 64T throws them

8) 236H+KH > 2H+K = +20 force tech, +28 if they tech up after 236H+KH

9) Whiff BT4P into a delayed 2K = +10 force tech, +12 if they tech up after whiffed BT4P

10) 1P+K > Whiff BTPP into delayed BT2P string follow up (+27) or delayed BT2P2K string (+13) or delayed BT2P string follow into BT2P (+23) or into BT1P (+22 and leaves Ayane in BT stance), +9 if they tech up after whiffed BTPP

11) 1P+K > Whiff BTP > 1P2K (+12) OR 1P into 1P (+22 and leaves Ayane in BT stance) OR 1P into BT2P (+23), +16 if they tech up after whiffed BTP

Shit has been like clockwork, mix ups I get out of this are too good. I've got set ups for 6P+K as well but haven't documented them yet.

Something I didn't pay attention to before until recently, is that 6K2K and 3PK cannot be held on opponents with their back turned, and it knocks them down. In addition, they DO NOT get to tech up immediately either, so you are ALWAYS guaranteed a ground hit (actual ground hit or strike that hits low to the ground), so you get immediate access to a force tech (2P or 1P).

2P is +30 if they tech up, if they don't then you can follow up with 1P for +23, or another 2P for +24.

1P is about +27 if they tech up, if they don't then you can follow up with another 1P for +22, or 1P for +23. Or you can do the 1P2K mind game for +12. So I've been creating some nasty mind games with 6K and 6K2K (with and without delay). Practically every player I play these days are scared of getting thrown by me simply because of so many different wtf moments I've caused.

Simply put, DOA5U's okizeme is geared towards creating set ups and option selects that DO NOT give the defending opponent the benefit of the WUK (wake up kick). If they stay on the ground, they are forced up, if they tech up, they are at disadvantage regardless and have to do defend against your 50/50s.

I actually shouldn't even say DOA5U, it's DOA5 in general. This oki has always been in the game, just overlooked because loluntechablesdontgiveafuck was in Vanilla.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
The pressure and conditioning I've been building with 6K2K recently has been really consistent. People are not going to press buttons against this when I utilize it as a frustration tool. >:)

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Is 6K2K no longer an online only thing
Lol, 6K2K has always been an "Online thing". Doesn't mean that it's a bad move per se or doesn't have its uses. It's just that most online players likely don't know why it's a good move. They just abuse the inability to react to the low.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Lol, 6K2K has always been an "Online thing". Doesn't mean that it's a bad move per se or doesn't have its uses. It's just that most online players likely don't know why it's a good move. They just abuse the inability to react to the low.
I've used 2H+K to duck under mid wake up kicks to get me a little stun going on... it doesn't work well offline, or I use 6K2K (whiff 6K & delay and pray to Jesus 2K ducks under the wake up kick) as an alternate option lmao. Any other time I use 6K2K is either because of a shit habit, or my attempts at pressure e3e........

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
For the most part 6K2K is fine to throw people off with because of the delay with the 2nd hit and 6K being a decent free cancel poke. Basically just don't use 6K2K on block. Offline, pretty much everyone defends against the low if they block the 1st hit. Unless of course you free cancel 6K a lot and delay the low.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm going to have to upload a set in order to demonstrate what I mean, because I'm utilizing this in an entirely different manner. This is one potent tool for conditioning players to stay on the defensive due to the sheer pressure it puts the player under. I see why its advantage was changed from +23 to +18.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Also, how do you properly time the 6K2K/2H+K force tech? Whenever I try, her heel just goes right through them even when they don't tech up.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You have to wait 1 second before you do 2H+K. You basically have to pay attention when the opponent's feet is about to hit the ground.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So I'm getting back into serious training again because of something going down in January next year and the possibility of SoCal Regionals in February. 4H+K is a guaranteed limbo stun after wall slams into breakable walls (so is 3H+K). This is ONLY if you end your juggles WITHOUT BTPP4PP7K.

BTPP4PPP, BTPP6P~K or PP6PK will get you to a 4H+K.

Oh yeah, 9P/9P3/9P3[4] is pretty amazing as an option when you mix up your okizeme.

6K2K knockdown is +17 if peeps tech up, 9P is i25 and is essentially i8 after the +17 with 6P's original 22 damage on neutral hit. 9P3 is safe at -4 too.

I'm about to start giving people nightmares as I start implementing all my tech.

50/50's and tons of option selects. Pressure out the ass.

#lolrapetimebitchesdontbemadbrah

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
More goodies from @Aerospark and myself, Ayane has incredible damage opportunities on stages with ropes for walls (D.W.A. and Sweat).

Aerospark;

64H+P > 236K > 6PP > PP6P > BTPP4PP7K = 148 (158 with electric rope)

Bits on the above; 6PP can be stagger escaped to lessen the height. However, you can still get 132 (142 with electric rope) even if they stagger escape.

64H+P > 236K > 9PP > PP6P > BTPP4PP7K = 152 (162 with electric rope)

This is completely inescapable and stagger escape does not lessen 9PP's launch height.

64H+P > 236K > H+K > P4P > 7K = 122 (132 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > H+K > 4P+K > BT7K = 132 (142 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > H+K > 4P+K > BTPP4PP7K = 132 (142 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > 4K > 4P+K BTPP4PP7K = 132 (142 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > 8K > 8KK > BT7K = 122 (132 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > 8KK > BTPP4PP7K = 127 (137 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > 8KK > BTPP6P~K = 127 (137 with electric rope)
64H+P > 236K > 4P+K > Free Cancel > 4P+K > BTPP4PP7K 136 (146 with electric rope)

HajinShinobi;

64H+P > 236K > 4P+K > BT4P > BTPP4PP7K - 135 (145 with electric rope)

64H+P > 236K > 3PP > BTPP4PP7K or BTPP6P~K = 134 (144 with electric rope)

64H+P > 236K > 3PP > Free Cancel > PP6PK = 133 (143 with electric rope)

64H+P > 236K > 4P+K > BT4P > Free Cancel > PP6PK = 134 (144 with electric rope)

64H+P > 236K > 66KK4 > BTPP4PP7K = 131 (141 with electric rope)

64H+P > 236K > 66KK4 > Free Cancel > PP6PK = 130 (140 with electric rope)

64H+P > 236K > 9PP > 4P+K > Free Cancel > PP6PK = 146 (156 with electric rope)

None of the above can held out of, including Aerospark's. That's all neutral hit damage.

When you're knocked into the ropes from a good distance with 236K, it'll bounce you back near the center of the ring with your back facing the opponent, you're unable to do anything for 46 frames (33 frames at faster stagger escape). This gives you plenty of time to set up your next attack, which SHOULD be a launcher because further damage into threshold allows the opponent to get out of this situation. SO LAUNCH!

All of the above are 100% inescapable up to the launcher of choice after the 236K. This is only ever false if you end up in front or to the side of the opponent.

In addition, all of this happens from the 64H advance mid punch hold as well. But the damage is about 10 points less. But lol, doesn't exactly make much of a difference. The point is that you have access to these from the hold and throw.

The best benefit to ending your wall combo with PP6PK is that you get fast and immediate access to wall oki set ups.

Be warned, do not pick D.W.A. or Sweat against me then do something that leaves you at -13 or more, lol. Y'know what? Just don't get thrown by Ayane....

EDIT: Updated the post with more combos.

Last edited:

Aerospark

Standard Donor
With the 4P/BT4P/BTPP6P refloat buff Ayane's getting in Last Round, these 64T > 236K > Launcher set ups are gonna be even more fun hopefully :'))))))))))

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I expect even more online salt to be spilled over Ayane now lol. How would you like to die today? 64T? Or CH 4P juggle shenanigans? Ooooh, I can barely wait now! Still a little over 2 months to go until LR drops.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I think I'm going to revise my Ayane guide a bit later this week (I'll completely revise it after LR comes out, of course). And I'm working on a video tutorial that'll explain how you'll want to approach this character as a way of playing her too.

Combo videos do not tell anyone how to play a character so this will be a good insider for people. It'll just be a basic video tutorial.

EDIT: Updated the OP in the Combo Discussion thread with the 64H/64H+P 236K stuff. You'll find 64H 236K undernearth Starter 64H. And the 64H+K 236K stuff underneath Throw Combos and Set ups.

Props to @Aerospark on the heads up, good find bro.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
A small observation, is it me or does BT4H+K beat out WUK's very well? As in both WUKs! Move seems to just seems to beat them out better then most other moves. I love the crush properties on BT4H+K too. Such a lovely move <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD