"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

synce

Man Honoka's walking and idle animations look wacky AF, it's not up to TN's old standards IMO

David Gregg

Her official stats (not that they matter much anyway):

hostats.png

Kronin

Her official stats (not that they matter much anyway):

Thanks again David. Even if they don't care for a real analysis, if believable they could still give us some general indications on the character. As the videos so far seemed hint, Honoka it's great in strike but lacking in throws, just the opposite - or almost - of Raidou that instead should get a great arsenal as a grappler. The power getting only 3 points should give an indication that many of the moves of Honoka will be less powerful compared to the original owners as hinted from her profile, same for the holds (she shouldn't have advanced ones).

On the paper this is good, because Honoka should balance these missings with her speed and great mix-up of hits and strings, hoping that this will be just the case even in the game.

So far I wasn't still able to realize what the stats exactly mean for "moves", so I can't talk about it XD

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
So far I wasn't still able to realize what the stats exactly mean for "moves", so I can't talk about it XD
Moves indicate how difficult the character is to use. The more technical, the higher the rating. 5/5 are the more difficult characters; 4 and 3 are those who are difficult to use but, not so much so; and 2 and 1 are the easier to use characters.

CFW

Man Honoka's walking and idle animations look wacky AF, it's not up to TN's old standards IMO

It's kinda like a mix between Mila's and Hitomi's from DOA4 I think.
Personally I find half the cast's idle animations to be really ugly, so I ain't surprised her's looks terrible.

Nightpup

I think they're supposed to look weird. After all, she's not actually a fighter. So she doesn't really know proper stances. Her prowess only shows during the middle of a fight, where she goes into some seemingly sort of trance-like state. Sort of like Noel Vermillion from Blazblue, or Dominique Cross from The Bouncer.

Squizzo

Moves indicate how difficult the character is to use. The more technical, the higher the rating. 5/5 are the more difficult characters; 4 and 3 are those who are difficult to use but, not so much so; and 2 and 1 are the easier to use characters.
I always thought 'moves' meant how many moves a character has and their mix up potential. Lisa and Brad both have 5 star for moves and both have a large move set with good mix ups but I wouldn't consider either of them that difficult to play. Although Akira who is very execution heavy and doesn't have particularly great mix ups also has 5 star in moves.
I think the moral of the story here is don't pay too much attention to the stats.

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I always thought 'moves' meant how many moves a character has and their mix up potential. Lisa and Brad both have 5 star for moves and both have a large move set with good mix ups but I wouldn't consider either of them that difficult to play. Although Akira who is very execution heavy and doesn't have particularly great mix ups also has 5 star in moves.
Lisa is simple on the surface, but to play her to the fullest potential requires an insane amount of high execution. Brad is the same way. And Akira definitely is probably one of, if not the, hardest character to use. However, on the other end of the spectrum, you have characters like Bass and Ein who have 1/5 for moves, because their moves are simple to use and the character themselves are very straightforward.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The term "High Execution" is used far too loosely. It's the same situation when people believed Phase 4 requires high execution. On-Timed hits are not "high execution" either. If there is no long procedure of buffering inputs then it's not exactly in a natural sense of a term "execution."

:4::K:~ :P+K:(On hit) - This is not any sorts of High Execution. Strictly visionary and timed reaction.

This is High Execution (The Ultimate Exaggerated Technique of the Seven Trolls).
:[p+k]::4::6::6::H*::3::8::4::6::P::K::624::P+K::6842::H*+K::H*::H*+K::3_::P::K::P+K:

Thank god we don't have a character with an input like that, but if you don't get the procedure, we have a problem.

Similiar to how it can go with SF.

A 2P into another 2P for a chain link on hit is not exactly high execution. Whereas if you have a character in SF who needs to input 236P > 236P on a chain link hit. That's a much higher execution than you would normally point out.

CFW

Does anyone else feel like Hookah sounds like a damn muppet? I mean I kinda love it but u know lmao she's 5.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD