Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I would too.

Who wants to give Honoka a hug?
hqdefault.jpg

... I do.
dead-or-alive-5-last-round.jpg
I see someone's been learning my art of a thousand spoilers technique.
iWXouLY57Upsv.gif

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
That said... The "Honoka" hug seems to provide frame advantage after the fact... (you'll see it within the trailer)... then the mix ups that take place, coupled with all of those stances and strikes...
(TBH I DO want to give Honoka a hug though).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It's clear that even though she borrows moves from everyone else, she gains and loses certain properties with them.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
236P...???!!! (I am waiting to get my hands on the character myself rather than watching the videos just to retain an element of surprise when DOA5LR comes out... like opening a present).
Now I know it's decent whiff punisher but that makes me wonder if TN is intentionally trying to... No.
It would be even crazier if she had things like Mila's 3K+H for example. Another thing is having some of those "borrowed" moves go into the other stances.
Example:
Zack's Ducking PP into Bokuho... Bokuho 6P into... another stance (after pressing control stick or pad towards a certain direction to go into another stance after Bokuho 6P).
OR
Bokuho and then straight into Zack's Ducking into.... SS/Back dash...

David Gregg

...She has Hitomi's 236P. Range is NOT an issue.

As for power, from what we've seen in the trailer and combo challenge video, her damage seems to be in pretty nice supply.

Actually it's Jann's damn dragon kick which is unblockable. When's Eliot going to get an unblockable flying sidekick? :(

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Honoka's version of the Dragon Kick needs to hit MID and track in ALL directions (it needs to hit BEHIND her as well and hit opponents that are floored). It also needs to beat out wake up kicks and be a combo starter on CH... maintaining an unblockable AND a unholdable status.

#StartFlippingTables

Darth Lotonic X

That said... The "Honoka" hug seems to provide frame advantage after the fact.

Doesn't look like too much frame advantage, so it'll probably be like Hitomi's and Bass' 6T. I don't recall seeing too many tracking moves in that command training video, so it might be kind of mediocre.

ErickBello

And I said it in the DOA Group on facebook and say it here... she will play like Lei Fei. She even has tools to defend against spacing opponents. The only thing she probably don't have at the moment is a 9 frame jab and a high punch parry from Dokuritsu stance.

PhoenixVFIRE

Did you just up the Saturation and Brightness? I'll have to steal this for the PC port.
It's a personal PSD I made and play around with frequently in edits. This is what it looks likes loool...
I also use a plugin to smooth the picture out, and sharpen it to my tastes~

LtA4g82.png

UpSideDownGRUNT

I have to wonder... what made them give her Ein's 7P over the 46P, 7P isn't used to much outside of wall pressure maybe Hono's version is actually useable?

CFW

And I said it in the DOA Group on facebook and say it here... she will play like Lei Fei. She even has tools to defend against spacing opponents. The only thing she probably don't have at the moment is a 9 frame jab and a high punch parry from Dokuritsu stance.

I really liked Lei Fei and was kinda discouraged from playing him because of all the stances he has, so I'm really hoping she's a little easier at least.

FatalxInnocence

I hope what we've seen isn't her entire movelist. I actually really hope they give Honoka Mila's feint P+K6P ( At least I think that's the input. ) I'd love to use that as a combo ender.

I wonder what else she has though. The command training video kind of cuts out before the entire set is finished.

Nightpup

I hope what we've seen isn't her entire movelist. I actually really hope they give Honoka Mila's feint P+K6P ( At least I think that's the input. ) I'd love to use that as a combo ender.

I wonder what else she has though. The command training video kind of cuts out before the entire set is finished.
Is that the machine gun blow? Salad would look adorable using that move, but as far as I'm aware she doesn't even have Mila's takedown feint stance. Then again maybe she can use it out of like Bokuho or something. She uses some of Rig's moves in Brad Wong's stance, after all.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD