Rachel General Discussion

MasterHavik

So she is just in the same place I suppose. hm...Well at least she isn't kokoro. I'll gut things out. I just wish we gotten some decent buffs.

Itz King Beebop

So.. February update:

Source: Shoryuken

What do you think? to me it sounds like she got nerfed again...
No... Some of the changes seem pretty beneficial as long as the movement changes didn't get worse with the damage boost on her attack throw and the frame buff on her 2K. And in terms of her 66T changes that simply allows for a slightly stronger BT mixup; with the opponent recovering slightly faster... now there is more of a chance that they will make mistakes, after all, aren't you more likely to respect +9 rather than +7? So now you get less people blocking, and more CHs. What Rachel player doesn't love that!?
The only true nerfs were on launch damage of 7P everything else is actually just a minor change.

Itz King Beebop

At least her stomp damage got buffed back up.

Nerfed advantage after 66T on the other hand...I'm sure it'll be fine.
I otherwise agree with you but her stomp damage is still lower than what it originally was; pre-patch 25 dmg, first patch 16, now 18 dmg, so it's somewhere in the middle which is cool because no one did the stomp for damage... (If you were, then you're probably mentally deficient in certain areas jk)

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I otherwise agree with you but her stomp damage is still lower than what it originally was; pre-patch 25 dmg, first patch 16, now 18 dmg, so it's somewhere in the middle which is cool because no one did the stomp for damage... (If you were, then you're probably mentally deficient in certain areas jk)

It was just nice when you stomped someone and you were like. YES YOU'RE DEAD

CFW

The patch notes say "stance of the motion has changed".

It just looks different to me now, like there's an extra animation added on or something.

Batcommander

i honestly dont notice anything different.

However, depending on whether you use 2 or 8, you end up in opposite stance (closed/open). Not sure if it was like that prepatch but thats how it is now.

FatalxInnocence

I'm not sure if this is something I just didn't notice before, but on hit her 7P is -10 rofl I've never heard of a move being punishable on hit before. I never use it, I was just messing around in training and I find it hilarious that a move with no follow ups is -10 on hit... I don't get the logic behind that xD but whatever.

Pictured Mind

I'm not sure if this is something I just didn't notice before, but on hit her 7P is -10 rofl I've never heard of a move being punishable on hit before. I never use it, I was just messing around in training and I find it hilarious that a move with no follow ups is -10 on hit... I don't get the logic behind that xD but whatever.

I basically use that move once a week. 7K, 8K, 7P to air throw is the only combo I use it in I think.

FatalxInnocence

I basically use that move once a week. 7K, 8K, 7P to air throw is the only combo I use it in I think.

Yeah, I stopped doing that upon figuring out it wasn't a definite hit if the person stagger escapes. After 8K I usually go 3P, depending how deep in the stun threshold you are you get the whole 3PPPP+K string, which does more damage than the 7P launch into air throw combo.... each to their own though n_n

Pictured Mind

Yeah, I stopped doing that upon figuring out it wasn't a definite hit if the person stagger escapes. After 8K I usually go 3P, depending how deep in the stun threshold you are you get the whole 3PPPP+K string, which does more damage than the 7P launch into air throw combo.... each to their own though n_n

Yeah I know. I mostly go for another launcher. I just said that's basically the only time I ever use it. : ) It's kind of an inferior launcher.

FatalxInnocence

Yeah I know. I mostly go for another launcher. I just said that's basically the only time I ever use it. : ) It's kind of an inferior launcher.

I just can't get over how it's a stand alone move that on hit is -10... like... it literally doesn't make sense to me. A move by itself on hit should not be throw punishable. It boggled my mind.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Rachel got her DOA5U Costume as DLC in Orochi Warriors!
1911716_590916254322850_1917957103_n.jpg

needs to be in the next NG

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD