Rachel General Discussion

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I wish Rachel's Reverse flank (66T) was a 2 part throw instead of just rolling over
rachel.gif

maybe not decapitation lol but the option to do damage from the initial throw

Yurlungur

Fun fact, did you know after rachel's critical burst she can do :214::+::P: into :3::P::P: into her :h::+::P: for a lot of damage on mid weights?

So basically this combo

:4::+::P::P::P:, :P:, :6::6::P:, :214::+::[[P]]:, :3::P::P:, :h::+::P:, :9::P:, :6::P::K: does around 124 damage

Reactions: CFW

Malibu

Fun fact, did you know after rachel's critical burst she can do :214::+::P: into :3::P::P: into her :h::+::P: for a lot of damage on mid weights?

So basically this combo

:P::4::+::P::P:, :P:, :6::6::P:, :214::+::[[P]]:, :3::P::P:, :h::+::P:, :9::P:, :6::P::K: does around 124 damage

Can i do :4::P::P:,:8::K: as a starter instead? im to afraid to get countered with the 3rd :P:

Malibu

9K is guaranteed after 7K, but I guess you already know that. Maybe first tell us what you know so we can tell you what you don't xD

Erm, i need to know how to fight against Hitomi's that spam low ( and yes i tried countering low ) but they hesitate and then back up and turtle.

Shiranui

With Rachel you has to control space. She is not good in zoning, but is a powerful character to punish. So try your foe misses and then punish him. Starting powerful combos from counter/Hi counter or throwing to punish holds or holding. With Rachel you need, not only know well Rachel, but know well your opponent's strikes/strings and play in a counter/deffensive way, and entering the maximum damage you can when you have the chance.
In movement try to confuse your rivals with 8/2P+K and 66T / PPT.

Hitomi, Kokoro, Helena, Christie and ninjas are always a pain in the ass for Rachel. Try to get some knowledge about them.
Well, to be honest, everybody can be a pain in the ass when you play Rachel. She is full of mid punches, she is not the fastest and safest character, and she has short move list. So, be smart and bitch :D

Princess Kasumi

Rachel. She is full of mid punches, she is not the fastest and safest character, and she has short move list. So, be smart and bitch :D

She is quite easy and even fast for a grappler, pretty safe on block as well.

Rachel is acutally a soild character, I'm gonna abuse her insane moves!!!
tumblr_inline_mz9um4soyy1qksxf8-gif.3914

Vigoorian King

She is quite easy and even fast for a grappler, pretty safe on block as well.
Rachel may be easy but on the beginner level. She's definitely one of he hardest character to master. She's about reading your opponent and keeping pressure. Fast for a grappler you say? The thing is that she's a strike character - pretty slow strike character. Safe? You mean -11 :7::P:, :8::K: and :3::P:? -12 :9::K:, :7::K:, :2::H+K:, Rollthrough :P: and:4::H+K:? -15 :1::P::P: and:214::P:? Not saying that 8P, 6P, 6PP, 3PPP, 1P, 4PP2P, 2K, H+K and Rollthrough K are also ALL unsafe.
I'm not saying she's not solid, but Rachel's not a type of character you think she is.

Princess Kasumi

Fast for a grappler you say? The thing is that she's a strike character - pretty slow strike character. Safe? You mean -11 :7::P:, :8::K: and :3::P:? -12 :9::K:, :7::K:, :2::H+K:, Rollthrough :P: and:4::H+K:? -15 :1::P::P: and:214::P:? Not saying that 8P, 6P, 6PP, 3PPP, 1P, 4PP2P, 2K, H+K and Rollthrough K are also ALL unsafe.
I'm not saying she's not solid, but Rachel's not a type of character you think she is.

You complain too much. Rachel is NOT a low tier. The upper moves you listed should ONLY be used once you stun the opponent.

7P being 11- is because its her 16f launcher. and you know what? every character's 16F launcher is this unsafe. so go ahead and punish the others 16F launchers.

2h+k is being 17F thats FAST for a low poke, its range is good for its speed. you get 5+ on NH. (LOL)

4K is 15F it has insane range. good for whiff punishing and as a keepout move since its being only 3- on block

hcf T. 66 T are the 2nd best throws in the game.

PPP. 6PKP. 6KP. those are 1- and 2- on block really safe moves. Its rare to see a character with those frames on block.

She is faster than NYOTENGU.

Vigoorian King

Oh dear, I'm not fucking complaining. For me Rachel is great, BUT when I see what you're writing I feel like you're one of those players who always says ''Rachel is so cheap and spammy''. You really don't understand her playstyle. I don't know about the skills of PS players but I don't think you've ever played with Rachel against someone who's really good.

Princess Kasumi

Oh dear, I'm not fucking complaining. For me Rachel is great, BUT when I see what you're writing I feel like you're one of those players who always says ''Rachel is so cheap and spammy''. You really don't understand her playstyle. I don't know about the skills of PS players but I don't think you've ever played with Rachel against someone who's really good.

Its quite sad, I have to explain why Rachel is not a low tier. You obviously don't know how to play her.

Did you ever watch the tournament, Meatball's Rachel against SweetRevenge's Genfu? I suggest you take notes of his Rachel.

Rachel does not need buff. Her movelist is small but thats about it. Do not get mad over a message, thats silly.

Princess Kasumi

I don't think anyone said Rachel is low tier... she's a solid mid IMO. Wouldn't mind some buffs though. I'd like more advantage on 66K and better frames on whiffed stomp
66K used to be 5+ on block. They should add 3+ on it.

Yes, a higher mid character.

Intelligent Alpha

I resent this remark; however, I have seen those kinds of Rachaels! The two guarantees she's known for: strike (x3) throw strike (x3) and PPT + 2P (BT opponent launch) T + PPP + T + PPP ... (Momiji's another guarantee spam character)

When I've played as Rachael, the advice I've gotten from other Rachael players is to - "Get in there!" Sure, but if that is stopped? But yeah, Rachael is a good character. She rubbed off on my main somewhat and I use her from time to time too. But what is her playstyle cause I find it hard to fathom that it is Rush or guarantee spam all day long!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD