Rachel match-up chart discussion

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I play the character and I think she's a cunt and yeah, fuck you too, buddy :)

Has Rachel got a manegeable matchup against Brad?

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Rachel tears brad up.

Feel like some of her worst matchups are Ayane, Hitomi, Rig, Zack, and Christie.

I don't even think she struggles with Kasumi that much.

Nobus3r1

Rachel tears brad up.

Feel like some of her worst matchups are Ayane, Hitomi, Rig, Zack, and Christie.

I would also add Sarah to the list of super sucky matchups. I am also thinking that a character like Lei Fang presents an issue as you have a (relatively) limited character on offense (i.e. Rachel doesn't have a lot of diversity in her attacks) against a character with very strong defensive options.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
I think that while Sarah is fast and can be a tad annoying, I think it is kind of even since Sarah can't get much damage on rachel at all in juggles.

Itz King Beebop

Rachel tears brad up.

Rachel vs Ayane is the worst possible matchup in the game, and depending on the stage, it can be as bad as 9-1 or 8-2 in Ayane's favor no doubt

Pictured Mind

I play the character and I think she's a cunt and yeah, fuck you too, buddy :)

Has Rachel got a manegeable matchup against Brad?

She's pretty good against Brad. Rachel versus Brad is one of the matches where you can use her low OH assbump and it's not gimicky. : )

Rachel vs Ayane is the worst possible matchup in the game, and depending on the stage, it can be as bad as 9-1 or 8-2 in Ayane's favor no doubt

Nah, that sounds way too bad. I don't feel like rachel has a 2-8 MU and sure as hell no 1-9. Triangle system is too powerful for that.

Paradise

Ok I really need some Ayane tips. I mean i'm a pretty skilled holder so I catch her when she gets greedy but I clearly need to get a game plan other than basic Rachel vortex. All her moves seem to crush or beat mine out in frames. I feel like i'm in a constant struggle to punish her unsafety with 6T, (and good Ayanes are smart enough to avoid that much disadvantage) or hold her for big damage. This works those days when i'm channeling Ms. Cleo but the triangle system only takes me so far.

EDIT: And lawd jesus Ryu's spacing is so much better than Rachel's. Like that's the uphill battle from hell I guess I'm just not suited for fighting decent Hayabusas. He easily overwhelms me with his mixups and I wanna die.
tumblr_inline_mz9um4SoYY1qksxf8.gif

Last edited:

Itz King Beebop

Rachel tears brad up.

Kasumi played correctly gives any character a problem... I completely agree with the Ayane matchup (even though I drastically exaggerated it before) I've broken down a lot of the match ups on the Rachel guide, but really the only thing you have to do with Rachel is play good defense and basic spacing until you get into her range.

Itz King Beebop

She's pretty good against Brad. Rachel versus Brad is one of the matches where you can use her low OH assbump and it's not gimicky. : )

Nah, that sounds way too bad. I don't feel like rachel has a 2-8 MU and sure as hell no 1-9. Triangle system is too powerful for that.
Yeah it's clear that I've heavily exaggerated that matchup, but it truly is one of the worst in the game. It's just a really hard 7-3 like all of her other terrible... it's just that that dumbass Ayane 4P crushes mids for a combo and it's so stupid. idk though I just think it's that my Rachel is trash lol... Sorry for the exaggeration guys.

Lulu

Any tips against Brad Wong and Marie Rose as Rachel?

Well For Brad Wong.... his Lying Down stance is especially susceptible to Low Offensive Hold more than it is to True Mids...... unfortunately I know didly squat about how to deal with al his other moves...... Brad Wong is a character full of nasty surprises.

I know if you have a high octance Character then Brad Can't harm you if he can't get his Shenanigans started.... just pound him until he stops twitching. It usually works... in theory.

I know didly squat about Marie Rose....

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Any tips against Brad Wong and Marie Rose as Rachel?
Low OH against Brad is very useful, especially after his WR K which he you can interrupt. Brad is also pretty unsafe and you can generally pu is most of his options. His running P psycho crusher move is also punishable in most cases, so it's worth punishing that too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD