Raidou gameplay discussion

Lulu

Hmmmmm...... its funny because I've always wanted to play a Super Heavy Weight that isn't a grappler but those moves are a reall headache.

That and I have a sneaky suspicion the Combos in his Combo Challenge are not all that practical. Its difficult to say.... you don't get to see too many Rai-Dudes.

SilverForte

You can still use him, but ewgf gets him his optimal damage, so keep at it, you'll get it eventually.

Same with the underworld drop, it's his strongest throw, so it's worth practicing.

Now the super OH is kinda situational, so I'd save that one for last, heck I still can't do it consistently.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Honestly, his 33T is great damage and an easy input. I don't think you need his combo throws to win, they're more for show. The electric is actually pretty easy, it's a shoryuken (623P) but you press P just a tad earlier than normal (as you're going from 2 to 3). I find it easier to pull off on pad, frankly.

Lulu

Honestly, his 33T is great damage and an easy input. I don't think you need his combo throws to win, they're more for show. The electric is actually pretty easy, it's a shoryuken (623P) but you press P just a tad earlier than normal (as you're going from 2 to 3). I find it easier to pull off on pad, frankly.

But his :3::3::F: Doesn't interact with the Enviroment..... seems like thats the one thats mostly for show.... the others have alil more flexibility.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Well Raidou's 236k is -2 instead of -5 in the next patch.

Yay? I guess.

Welp, that's pretty much it. It's safe to say that I'm officially dropping Raidou. It pretty much shows that TN isn't really trying to dig into the character. I'm sure someone out there will pick him up and use him. At this point, if he does make it far, I'm sure it was the opponent's mistake instead of a Raidou itself.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
He's dropped for good. I'll likely take Bayman or Leon for heavies and may consider actually sitting down for Nyotengu.

FakeSypha

Well Raidou's 236k is -2 instead of -5 in the next patch.

Yay? I guess.
Next patch? I assume that would be the one coming with Mai, right? Also, Is there any change log laying around with more info / changes on other characters? Thanks in advance.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor

SilverForte

I still think he's alright, he just gets rather predictable since he only has a few good tools, once he gets stun though he can get a lot done.

And I'm not dropping him, I will just be more invested in Mai and Momi. Tbh I cant really think of anything new with Raidou nowadays.

Dark-truth

I still think he's alright, he just gets rather predictable since he only has a few good tools, once he gets stun though he can get a lot done.

And I'm not dropping him, I will just be more invested in Mai and Momi. Tbh I cant really think of anything new with Raidou nowadays.
You degraded him though... And I know how you feel with not discovering anything new with Rai.

Jason McKay

I've been using the Oboro (:3::3::+::H+P:) in my stun game and I can say that if you catch them holding twice with this you would've basically have done 60-70% damage. I'd recommend people trying to utilize this in their game if they are struggling to pull off his izuna drop and super os.

(Edit) Kinda a change of subject to the above discussion with patch notes and stuff but I thought I'd just put this out there.

SilverForte

So Raidou got a few ok changes in the new patch.

Jab has a lower hitbox, should help on sloped stages when people are below you, Raidou is really tall so his jab would whiff a lot in those scenarios.

7k can close hit now, nice change for those risky interrupts and round start 7k.

Lastly his 30f OH has more range now, more than his 66T which previously had the most range. Makes more sense this way honestly.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So Raidou got a few ok changes in the new patch.

Jab has a lower hitbox, should help on sloped stages when people are below you, Raidou is really tall so his jab would whiff a lot in those scenarios.

7k can close hit now, nice change for those risky interrupts and round start 7k.

Lastly his 30f OH has more range now, more than his 66T which previously had the most range. Makes more sense this way honestly.

I was doing some tests and his OH can actually catch Marie Rose hop stepping. She has to commence the follow up attack after though (Ex. 8P+KP instead of 8P+K raw since she has the option to duck.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD