Rate Your Main DOA Character(s)

Darth Lotonic X

I play with everybody, so I'll just put up a character that isn't in this thread already: Eliot

Offense (3/5):
Eliot is pretty slow, but he is a burst damage character with some annoying lows and good throws. He also lacks tracking moves.

Holds/Defense in general (3/5):
Eliot's mid holds are high/mid 50/50 situations. You can do :7::P:, or a jab string after them, but the opponent can duck them.

Damage (5/5):
Eliot's saving grace is his damage output. You can go from a full life bar to nothing if you guess wrong a couple times in a series.

Zoning (1/4):
Eliot can't zone. He is a pure offense character.

Speed (1/3)
Eliot is the slowest character in the game. The only reason this isn't a 0 is because he has a 10 frame jab and a 9 frame move with a useless stun. His fastest mid is an an unsafe i13 crouch launcher in :3_::P:. His fastest string starter is i14 :6::P: that has nothing but unsafe or useless follow-ups. Every other mid he has is i15 at the fastest.

Safeness (1.5/3)
: His guard-breaks are all safe, with a couple being at advantage, but pretty much everything else is unsafe. This shouldn't be a problem because you should never finish any of Eliot's strings unless it's in a stun or juggle.

14.5/25

Brute

Standard Donor
Eliot is not the slowest character in the game, lol

@Jaguar: I'll answer your questions in just abit. tied up with something atm

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah, I knew I was doing something wrong by putting Gen Fu up there. Not too familiar to be honest. Haven't really faced Rachel yet so I'll take your word for your comments on her. Considering Lisa's your secondary or tertiary character, I'll take your word for her as well. Would you say it would be a good idea to remove Gen Fu and Lisa and put Rachel as a tie character?
I just wouldn't list direction comparisons. You're pretty safe saying Bass, Leon and Bayman are slower, but beyond that, it's kinda subjective. I mean, Tina has an i12 mid.

OK. Is it like her 3H+K, 66K, 4K, 7K, etc.? I was just wondering how good it was compared to certain other characters to give that high of a score. Argentus is probably right though, especially now that I think about it a bit more.
Mila's range tools are not exactly the distance she covers as much as the hitbox that coincides with those modes. 7K, 66K, 4H+K extend her reach beyond most hit levels because of the animation (think sorta like Ryu's 1KP). Then of course there's 3H+K with ridiculous reach and great evasive properties.

Brute

Standard Donor
Bass has a 12 frame high that stuns on normal hit. He also shares the i14 speed tier with Eliot. As far as useful start-up moves go, Bass is faster. I did my research, maybe you guys should too before attempt contradictions.
Who in the fuck is landing a high on NH? lol

Darth Lotonic X

So does virtually everything (including Eliot's 7P which is a safe poke at only -3 on block).

7P does not stun on CH. It's +1 at best, and it pushes people away. It also has dick range, so it's only usage is to negate pressure or interrupt. If we go back to Vanilla, I wouldn't dispute it's usefulness, but in Ultimate it might as well not exist.

U_C_A_F

Glad someone else realizes Eliot slow speed, people see his i10 jab and the now gimped i9 strike and say hes fast which isn't the case at all when you see how horribly slow his mids and lows are. slow super heavies like bass, bayman, and leon have faster and more useful mids than Eliot like bayman/leon's 3p strings and 6k. they also have faster launchers that launch on normal hit with baymans i16 236p and leons i17 214p/ i12 wr K while eliots only NH launcher is 33p which can be held with 2 different inputs, gives a crappy launch, and is i18

This along with his lack of any guaranteed setups, tracking and constant reliance on the stun system are why hes considered one of the the worst characters in the game

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
7P does not stun on CH. It's +1 at best, and it pushes people away. It also has dick range, so it's only usage is to negate pressure or interrupt. If we go back to Vanilla, I wouldn't dispute it's usefulness, but in Ultimate it might as well not exist.
Could have sworn it still stunned on CH. Well, that's ass. My bad.

David Gregg

I play with everybody, so I'll just put up a character that isn't in this thread already: Eliot
Offense (3/5): Eliot is pretty slow, but he is a burst damage character with some annoying lows and good throws. He also lacks tracking moves.
Holds/Defense in general (3/5): Eliot's mid holds are high/mid 50/50 situations. You can do :7::P:, or a jab string after them, but the opponent can duck them.

Damage (5/5):
Eliot's saving grace is his damage output. You can go from a full life bar to nothing if you guess wrong a couple times in a series.

Zoning (1/4):
Eliot can't zone. He is a pure offense character.
Speed (1/3) Eliot is the slowest character in the game. The only reason this isn't a 0 is because he has a 10 frame jab and a 9 frame move with a useless stun. His fastest mid is an an unsafe i13 crouch launcher in :3_::P:. His fastest string starter is i14 :6::P: that has nothing but unsafe or useless follow-ups. Every other mid he has is i15 at the fastest.
Safeness (1.5/3): His guard-breaks are all safe, with a couple being at advantage, but pretty much everything else is unsafe. This shouldn't be a problem because you should never finish any of Eliot's strings unless it's in a stun or juggle.

14.5/25

I agree with this. I had similar scores with a final score of 15 so glad another Eliot player feels the same way (although I gave him speed 1.5/3 I think he can keep up in most fights).

RoboJoe

I can see what this thread is trying to accomplish, but the numerical scores are unnecessary and don't contribute to anything. Nothing would change without them, but using them makes one character look undeservedly better or worse than another because everyone's definition of what a 1/5 or 5/5 etc is different. If this is actually supposed to be serious and informative, keep the categories and remove the pointless numbers, they will only confuse and mislead someone new.

David Gregg

I can see what this thread is trying to accomplish, but the numerical scores are unnecessary and don't contribute to anything. Nothing would change without them, but using them makes one character look undeservedly better or worse than another because everyone's definition of what a 1/5 or 5/5 etc is different. If this is actually supposed to be serious and informative, keep the categories and remove the pointless numbers, they will only confuse and mislead someone new.

I give this comment a 4.5/5

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Eliot isn't THAT slow, but he's very linear and predictable. It's kind of hard to mix up with Eliot at times, but it's also easy to bait opponents as well. The AI knows better, but human opponents do not. I could start a punch string with one punch, stop, and the opponent tries to hold me and I just throw punish. Eliot also has some pretty good juggling potential, which is why I love him the most. It's so easy to get juggles with Eliot. I think Eliot can be used both defensively and offensively. He has parries for a reason and some safe moves, but he's combo oriented as well, which is why he does some pretty solid damage.

Xernuht

Let's see... Momiji

Offense (3.5/5)
Momiji doesn't have too much that's spectacular at opening up the enemy. She has 4 lows, none of which guarantee damage. Her throw speed is average, and her jump stances serve as little more than half-decent mindgames outside of the stun game. Her crushes are solid, but they are unsafe if whiffed.

Defense (3/5) Again, surprisingly average. She has some strong damage options off of her mid kick and low kick holds, but her damage on the rest of them is average. She also lacks decent evasive alternates. With some solid reads, you can spend a round silencing your opponent's wake-up kicks, forcing them to use character-specific wake-ups or teching out of fear of damage alone.

Damage (4/5) Momiji's combo damage is excellent. Simple BnBs will net you 90+ damage on NH, and she has access to strong damage off of CB through :236::P+K::P::P::4862::H+P: as 100% guaranteed damage, and she has the tools to exploit the environment in very deadly ways. That said, her throw/hold damage isn't amazing.

Zoning (3/4) The best tool you get for zoning is :6::6::P:. She has some other decent options in :6::6_::H+K: and her kicks in general, but she only gets that due to her safety.

Speed (2.5/3) Momiji is a 10/13/12 striker, but her frame game is strong enough to let her toy with the slower cast members and stand her ground with similar-framed characters. However, she actually can be torn to shreds by fast-jabbers, even if she opts for free-canceling.

Safeness (2.5/3) Momiji's truly greatest weapon. Frame-wise, Momiji almost rivals the VFs with neutral/+ frame enders on anything you could call a poke. She has tracking moves for every height level, although she needs to remain up close to make good use of her :4::P: at mid-level. That said, what is unsafe will leave her wide open, but she can usually regain her ground through her jabs.

Final score: 18.5/25. Good, but extremely momentum-based, with strong strike-based damage and good frames balanced (sort of) by not exactly holding up well against any character in their forte.

Nameless Sama

I am here to apologize by Dark_Ky for my bad expression. In the last 2 weeks I have changed something about my personality so I am a different person now. You dont need to accept my apologize Dark but you should know that I have tryed it at least to begin it from the begining. So I will and want to share my 7 Years experience and knowledge about Ryu.

Generel Infomation about Ryu in DOA5U: Ryu is a very hard character to use becuase his emphases are the 360 Thorws and Expert Izuna Holds but of the side that is his strentgh.The another point is that Ryus combos are dependent from the timing. As a Ryu Player you need to know what you are doing otherwise your combo wll not work. Of course every Player must know what he or she must do but by Ryu you can drop your combos very easy. If you decide to main with Ryu you should learn to calm down in every moment otherwise you will drop your combos again and the fatal point is you will miss your 360 Thros or Holds which you would cost your round. How I should say it. His punishing moves are dependent from the timing and if you miss the timing you will drop it. Ah yes Ryu is one of the characters that you must play always with him otherwise you will never be good with him trust me. Alone the 360 Expert Holds needs too much practice.

3/5 Offense: Ryu has a little of GB but his :6::P: and :6::K: are good and fast strikes. :4::P: is a good distance Punch which breaks most of the opponents strikes. :3::K: is a very good distance strike which breaks almost every move. :1::K: is very useful if you want to break Mid Punches and Mid Kicks and High Strikes. :1::K: is very good if the opponent are lying on the ground. :6::6::K: is one of the most inportent strikes ever. :6::6::K: is a GB and it allows you like :1::K: in ryus onygion stance. :6::6::K: is one of his Combo build up stones. :9::K: is a very good punish move it allows you a guarantee damage after a stun. Know his mother of good Important move is the handstand kick :3_::5::4::K:. This move is the key for very high damage. This moves allows you in Tag a good juggle Combo BUT this is a very hard move to perform it becuase is dependent from the timing. :214::P: is a very useful move and a very good sit stun is better than the :4::H+K: sit stun. His weakness is :3_: :H+K: becuase if the opponent block this move you can get easly punished. :3_: :H+K: is very useful when you the are lying on the ground or you at mid distance when the opponent are going to perform a move. This move is very fast but you get easly punished. His air grab :426::F: is a very useful tool but is hard to perform becuase is dependet from the amount and the timing of the opponent. It seems very easly from the inouts but trust me if you are emploing with him then you will know what I mean.

5/5 Holds: Holds and Throws are Ryus strentghs becuase he can perfrom the Izuna drop which makes a lot of damage. His expert holds allows him to make air juggles which you can combine it with environment combos like the pillar or boxes. Every beginner dont know what is his real point of the expert holds. I have noticed that almost and even knowledge player make expert hold combos which is a very bad idea because if you think logical you will know that the expert holds are for environment combos where you know that you can hit the opponent with the combo to an electric fence for example. In general makes an Expert Izuna hold more damage than these air juggle combos. Its really sad that the most ryu player are copy the same combo from other Ryu player. Its okay but it would be better if you are creating for yourself combos maybe your combos are better than the other who knows.
I have created for myself a another combo which is better than the regular standard combo form the other ryu player.

2/5 Zorning: Ups I have explain it already at my first post :p Sorry

5/5 Damage: One think is sure Ryu makes the most damage with his Izuna Otochi :426::F: :5: :624::F: :5: :4862::F:
and :3::3::F: :5::426::F: :5: :624::F::5: :F::4862:
and with his expert holds Senko , Rekko and Yako = :6::4::h: :5: :426::h: :5: :624::h: :5: :4862::h: . And if you are at the cliff and perform a Izuna you can be sure that you make a half life damage. His Throws and Graps are too dangerous and makes more damage than Bass and for Leon. They have no change from the damage points,
Ryus Shoho Izuna :426::P+K::P::P::4862::F: makes too much damage. Its like a 16 hit combo with CB.

3/5 Speed: He has fast strikes but slow strikes too. All in one he is ok. His Strikes are a little bit slower but they can crush at least. :P: is your good card to safe your ass form mid P from fast characters like ayane or kasumi. His Speed doesnt work well on fast characters thats why is a good idea to use :P:.

2/5 Safeness: You are going to play with Ryu you must play with careful becuase against a pro player you will get punished. Almost every move is minus on block and his moves need some time to recover and till this time you can get punished. Most of the opponents are to dump to make a mid Kick counter becuase he hasnt a mid kick launcher besides in Tag. You can confuse you opponent easy with mid kicks. His Strikes is slow but you need at least 3 moves you can make CB. His Stun rate is very impressive.

Total 20/25 You can master ryu very well with patience , motivation and with discipline. He is not easy to master thats why they are a small group of Ryu players. Most of the ryu players are spammers becuase they underrate him without any employing with him. So that was my knowledge and experience about Ryu. I could write more but my hands are hurting right now and I am tired. I hope you can learn something from my post. This was just a little knowledge about Ryu I dont want to write a roman xD.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD