Revival of Dead or Alive 6, continued dev support: Fanbase fundraiser plan | Read the DESCRIPTION of the video on youtube

In the near future, I want to make polls y'all can vote on so that Team Ninja can have some insight on what we want to create the perfect DOA experience.
I hope a lot of you will participate.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What's funny?
The video. TN isn't gonna make a new game suddenly by buying all the season passes, that's not gonna do much in showing it's profitable. Plus there's someone everyday who's buying a season pass or dlc anyway, they're getting money regardless, so the video is pretty much pointless.

The video. TN isn't gonna make a new game suddenly by buying all the season passes, that's not gonna do much in showing it's profitable. Plus there's someone everyday who's buying a season pass or dlc anyway, they're getting money regardless, so the video is pretty much pointless.
Team Ninja made the game. They inherently have an affection for their creation.
They also intended to add more content to the game before support was abruptly shut down.

Yes, someone probably buys a season pass every day. But what is 1 customer compared to the 149 people who played online in the past 24 hours? And that's counting STEAM stats ONLY.
They are still making a little money here and there on the game, but it is not enough. We can offer so much more if we work together. They'll see that sales blew up out of no where and hear the cries of the fans for more updates. Updates aren't a new game, it's just tweaking and improving upon what is already complete.
I believe they would at least do that much for us. If not, they don't deserve to be making video games. You need to care about your customers.

rjqnraos19

Then I will buy Ninja Gaiden Yaiba for NG Master Collection keyboard & mouse support update.

Last edited:
I can promise you right now that this isn't going to do a thing except burn through your wallet.
So then you tell me what would make Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo want to keep supporting DOA? If not money, then what? Oh, you're Rikuto. Your Bayman is awesome :D

Then I will buy Ninja Gaiden Yaiba for NG Master Collection keyboard & mouse support update.
The season passes for DOA6 are for... DOA6. Yaiba has no ties to the mainline Ninja Gaiden games nor keyboard and whatever mouse support you're talking about. lol

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So then you tell me what would make Team Ninja/Koei Tecmo want to keep supporting DOA? If not money, then what? Oh, you're Rikuto. Your Bayman is awesome :D

Thanks. Well, from years of dealing with Team Ninja I can tell you that they are burned out on DOA and don't even know what they are doing with the IP. The people in charge don't understand the game, its audience, or its potential audience. They have also shown in the past that they are VERY unwilling to accept negative feedback, and only really listen to sources that reinforce their own design philosophy.

They currently have no plans that I'm aware of to do anything with the IP aside from letting their partner continue to milk DOAXVV for an easy return as that has proven more successful, and they get less negative feedback over it.

The main thing that could change TN's mind about DOA is, ultimately, the people in charge (ie Nakamura) being moved out of their current position while some of the more enthusiastic upstarts within the team are promoted to a position where they can champion for it. This unfortunately will probably not happen for years, and even then it requires the right people in the right places, similar to what happened with Soulcalibur VI which would not have happened otherwise.

Thanks. Well, from years of dealing with Team Ninja I can tell you that they are burned out on DOA and don't even know what they are doing with the IP. The people in charge don't understand the game, its audience, or its potential audience. They have also shown in the past that they are VERY unwilling to accept negative feedback, and only really listen to sources that reinforce their own design philosophy.

They currently have no plans that I'm aware of to do anything with the IP aside from letting their partner continue to milk DOAXVV for an easy return as that has proven more successful, and they get less negative feedback over it.

The main thing that could change TN's mind about DOA is, ultimately, the people in charge (ie Nakamura) being moved out of their current position while some of the more enthusiastic upstarts within the team are promoted to a position where they can champion for it. This unfortunately will probably not happen for years, and even then it requires the right people in the right places, similar to what happened with Soulcalibur VI which would not have happened otherwise.
Why do you think official DOA related twitter accounts still talk about DOA characters? The franchise is still on their mind somewhat. DOATEC_OFFICIAL, etc. I wouldn't say I'm more optimistic than you are about reviving DOA6. But I'm going to still try, even if my chances of failing are 99%.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Master runs the twitter account afaik, and he's still somewhat enthusiastic about the series. The IP isn't dead on the water, but the fighting game part of it is. That's about the most I can rationalize it.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
In the near future, I want to make polls y'all can vote on so that Team Ninja can have some insight on what we want to create the perfect DOA experience.
I hope a lot of you will participate.
“Buy all the seasonpasses”…..
200.gif

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Why do you think official DOA related twitter accounts still talk about DOA characters? The franchise is still on their mind somewhat. DOATEC_OFFICIAL, etc. I wouldn't say I'm more optimistic than you are about reviving DOA6. But I'm going to still try, even if my chances of failing are 99%.
Trying to get people to buy season passes in bulks isn't a good move to revive the game tho. Maybe spreading the game and having friends try it out could help rather than begging them to buy the season passes since imo that's kinda shallow and strange to do, it's like giving a doctor or medical assistant a hammer, like what's the correlation to them helping their patient?

And that's a given since for all FGC related Twitter accounts they always advertise sales and tweet about character birthdays and such. It doesn't guarantee that the game is on their mind, it's just more keeping enthusiasm for the game up for those who play it still

Trying to get people to buy season passes in bulks isn't a good move to revive the game tho. Maybe spreading the game and having friends try it out could help rather than begging them to buy the season passes since imo that's kinda shallow and strange to do, it's like giving a doctor or medical assistant a hammer, like what's the correlation to them helping their patient?

And that's a given since for all FGC related Twitter accounts they always advertise sales and tweet about character birthdays and such. It doesn't guarantee that the game is on their mind, it's just more keeping enthusiasm for the game up for those who play it still
If I noticed your comment earlier, I wouldn't have double posted.
Anyway, ok, get people to try DOA. But if they only play core fighters, KT is making NO MONEY. My instincts tell me they care 75% about the money and 25% about their reputation/image.
Buying any dlc gives them money. If they see that DOA6 makes money, they are fools to continue ignoring the fighting part of the franchise.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If I noticed your comment earlier, I wouldn't have double posted.
Anyway, ok, get people to try DOA. But if they only play core fighters, KT is making NO MONEY. My instincts tell me they care 75% about the money and 25% about their reputation/image.
Buying any dlc gives them money. If they see that DOA6 makes money, they are fools to continue ignoring the fighting part of the franchise.
Core fighters is making money tho, with only four characters to choose in the roster as a starter and making the story a dlc that's how they're getting their money, with the DLC and extra content they can entice the newcomer to play. When I first played 5U core fighters that's how they got money from me since I started buying all the characters and outfits and story.

And that statement isn't making sense... Doa5LR and all the other DOA5 versions aren't being supported anymore and they're still making money since people are still playing and going back to buy the dlc and content of those games, but does that mean they should suddenly renew support for those games because of it? No

if DOA wants to make another fighter they will, but trying to make some fundraiser campaign to send a message to TN by telling people to blow their money on season passes isn't really a smart move, it's shallow imo.

Core fighters is making money tho, with only four characters to choose in the roster as a starter and making the story a dlc that's how they're getting their money, with the DLC and extra content they can entice the newcomer to play. When I first played 5U core fighters that's how they got money from me since I started buying all the characters and outfits and story.

And that statement isn't making sense... Doa5LR and all the other DOA5 versions aren't being supported anymore and they're still making money since people are still playing and going back to buy the dlc and content of those games, but does that mean they should suddenly renew support for those games because of it? No

if DOA wants to make another fighter they will, but trying to make some fundraiser campaign to send a message to TN by telling people to blow their money on season passes isn't really a smart move, it's shallow imo.
"is making money tho" Yes, but it could be making more. And I do not believe the current build is fair to the developers. You can literally buy one character (as I did) and play the game online every day for free. That means I got what I wanted from Team Ninja's hard work for just FIVE DOLLARS instead of $60.

"I started buying all the characters"
Good, but you are just fine without it, as I was just fine purchasing basically nothing.

"Shouldn't DOA5 still be supported since it still makes money?"
Yes. DOA5 and DOA in general is being supported THROUGH DOA6. If 5 flopped, 6 would not have came out as early as it did. They made 6 a priority because 5 was so successful. 6 flopped, so now they don't give a hoot about the franchise at the moment.

"A fundraiser isn't a smart move because people would have to waste their money on expensive season passes"
Wrong. If Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja does not agree to continue support for DOA6/7, the money from the fundraiser would be refunded to all the backers. Nothing is lost, only gained.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
"is making money tho" Yes, but it could be making more. And I do not believe the current build is fair to the developers. You can literally buy one character (as I did) and play the game online every day for free. That means I got what I wanted from Team Ninja's hard work for just FIVE DOLLARS instead of $60.

"I started buying all the characters"
Good, but you are just fine without it, as I was just fine purchasing basically nothing.

"Shouldn't DOA5 still be supported since it still makes money?"
Yes. DOA5 and DOA in general is being supported THROUGH DOA6. If 5 flopped, 6 would not have came out as early as it did. They made 6 a priority because 5 was so successful. 6 flopped, so now they don't give a hoot about the franchise at the moment.

"A fundraiser isn't a smart move because people would have to waste their money on expensive season passes"
Wrong. If Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja does not agree to continue support for DOA6/7, the money from the fundraiser would be refunded to all the backers. Nothing is lost, only gained.
... You know what, never mind because you're not understanding the big picture of what I'm getting at

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD