DOA5U Rig combo and juggle thread

KING JAIMY

Well eventually you're going to have throw in some Guard Breaks and Throws and other advanced tactics but other than that I think he's a solid Pick up and Play character.
Still, why wouldn't a character like Rig not need a beginner's guide? I've seen some people use Rig and they didn't even know what they were doing. They failed.

KING JAIMY

Maybe you were too good to fall for Pick up and Play Tactics. ;)
Hahaha, I have to admit that DOA has a lot of pick up and play characters, but most of those characters have an 'easy to pick up, hard to master' receipt to them.

Lulu

You know.... Rig's Shenanigans reminds of something David Sirlin said about play styles..... the "Obsessed" type of player, thats how describes himself and there are specific characters that are built for this type of player...... in Street Fighter, one of them is Ryu because of his Full Screen Fireball Shenanigans. When somebody starts doing this its very very annoying because you have to slowly and carefully leap over the Fireballs to reach Ryu, if you get hit by one Fire Ball mid air then you're going to get knocked back some distance and have to basically start all over again..... if you get close enough then Ryu will just Anti-Air you with Dragon Punch and repeat the process all over again.
The purpose of the Obsessed play style is to latch on to an annoying move and craft an intricate strategy around forcing this annoying move to be delt with.

In DoA I think that character would be Rig, or atleast he is one of them.

I call it the "Shameless" Style.....:mad:

KING JAIMY

I think we should get back on topic. This discussion is more appropriate for a ''Rig General Discussion'' I believe. xD

On topic: What is the max damage wall combo on Alpha? I use K - BS 4KK - BS KK6K currently but I don't think it's maximum damage.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I think we should get back on topic. This discussion is more appropriate for a ''Rig General Discussion'' I believe. xD

On topic: What is the max damage wall combo on Alpha? I use K - BS 4KK - BS KK6K currently but I don't think it's maximum damage.
That's the max wall bounce combo I've found so far. I don't have the game now and I wont't have it for many months for going to the lab, could you do it? Perhaps to adding 9p at the begining works.

As the maximun critical burst closest to the wall combo I've found for alpha is 8k 4kk 6k kk4kkk and 9pp kk4kkk for lights, I think somethink than ends in kk4kk(4)k could work, perhaps staring with 9pp, k 6k or just 8p. I also would try ambitious stuff such as k 4kk 6k 8kk, 4kk 6k pp4kkk, 9pp 4kk kk4k, k 6k 4kk kk4k, 9pp k 6k 8kk, 4kk 6k k6kk, ...

It also depends of the strike that causes the wall bounce, BS 8k is the one that gets the bounce with maximun height. Please let us know if you try it.

KING JAIMY

That's the max wall bounce combo I've found so far. I don't have the game now and I wont't have it for many months for going to the lab, could you do it? Perhaps to adding 9p at the begining works.

As the maximun critical burst closest to the wall combo I've found for alpha is 8k 4kk 6k kk4kkk and 9pp kk4kkk for lights, I think somethink than ends in kk4kk(4)k could work, perhaps staring with 9pp, k 6k or just 8p. I also would try ambitious stuff such as k 4kk 6k 8kk, 4kk 6k pp4kkk, 9pp 4kk kk4k, k 6k 4kk kk4k, 9pp k 6k 8kk, 4kk 6k k6kk, ...

It also depends of the strike that causes the wall bounce, BS 8k is the one that gets the bounce with maximun height. Please let us know if you try it.
I should be able to test out this stuff soon.

Lulu

LoL so you know Rig has a Guaranteed Critibal Burst from his Ceiling Throw right.... so I'm like.... why not use a Power Launcher to fling them into the Ceiling Again ?

I already knew what was going to happen but I've never actually seen it before..... so just to be absolutely certain I decided to try it. Its definitely stylish.:cool:

KING JAIMY

LoL so you know Rig has a Guaranteed Critibal Burst from his Ceiling Throw right.... so I'm like.... why not use a Power Launcher to fling them into the Ceiling Again ?

I already knew what was going to happen but I've never actually seen it before..... so just to be absolutely certain I decided to try it. Its definitely stylish.:cool:
You can also do his 236T ceiling throw to get the guaranteed Critical Burst. He has a few more setups (not involving ceiling) as well. ;)

Lulu

You can also do his 236T ceiling throw to get the guaranteed Critical Burst. He has a few more setups (not involving ceiling) as well. ;)

Yeah thats the one used.....
Okay so throws have a natural reset properties right ?
Can you fling someone into the ceiling then use a holdable stun to get yet another Ceiling Throw ?

#CeilingShenanigans

Lulu

FINALLY !!!!
I finally completed Rig's Combo Challenge.... the biggest obstacle was that god awful Power Launcher Combo..... I think this is one of two Power Launcher Combos that require Back Dashing.... the other being Alpha's Power Launcher challenge.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, don't give up on guaranteed :3::3::K: setups. You can always go either :7::P: or :7::K: and it's much better than opting for some lame launch setup into combo for less damage.

Timasty

Hmm I see, his 33K does seem to be really good after a SDS. Thanks!
So there's no point or good setup with his second kick 7KK I assume. It just looks cool though.

KING JAIMY

Hmm I see, his 33K does seem to be really good after a SDS. Thanks!
So there's no point or good setup with his second kick 7KK I assume. It just looks cool though.
You can still use 7KK as a raw move though. About 80% of players let down their guard after the first kick and get hit by the second kick because they don't expect the Rig player to finish the full string. In that case you'll get a small bounce which can potentially set up for an okizeme situation.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
7KK you need to know some thing about this :
- 7k have a good recovery i think its 21F (on memory not confirm) so its good to do backdash or pressing after
- 7K is a force tech and you can conserve your axe / direction with this move (with 2H+K opponent go to an other direction)
- 7K do a SITDOWN STUN when you use this move IN STUN and its garanteed ALL MOVES from 10F to 17F with max stagger escape...
- the range of 7K are better than the second K (7KK) 2.33 vs 1.81 so if you whiff 7K look the range if its too far or not to use in correct zoning.
- 7K have a follow K so if your force tech whif you can DELAY and counter fishing sometimes
- the second kick of 7KK are unholdable on NH! (make the IA a no action to have neutral hit and program hold middle kick in reaction he cant hold the second middle kick ! its a natural move unholdable on neutral (not in stun) but opponent can guard the second kick if he take the first on NH

so...after you can do some juggle interresting when your counter fishing works :)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD