DOA5U Rig combo and juggle thread

NGKrush

Wanted to share my Rig findings somewhere on the internet. This is my first post, so if I'm doing something wrong, let me know.
Started a new thread to keep the doa5/doa5u information separate because it's sometimes hard to distinguish between the versions and I'm not sure how much system and move changes have effected Rig's combo potential.

I've collected info on the height of each of the launchers (vs akira atm) and then looked up which followups connect. I've divided the launch height into SL,L,L/M,M,M/H,H,H+,H++. X means it won't launch.

The formatting is:
[MOVE] - [NH] - [STUN] - [CRITSTUN] - [CH] - [HCH]
So here goes:

9K - X - L - M - L/M - M/H (Goes into BS)
8K - X - L - M - L/M - M/H
44K - X - L - M - L/M - M
33K - SL - M - H - H+ - H++

2KK - X - M - H - M - M
K6K - X - L - M - L - L
6K9K - X - L - M - L - L (Goes into BS)

SIT,33K - H+ - H+ - H+ - H+ - H+

So then come the followups. Rig usually has a filler and an ender in his combo. Only the lower height combo's only have an ender as they launch too low for a filler refloat. One of two high launches have 2 fillers (due to extending a string with TLC.)

These juggles are maybe not the best out there, but they are good BnB juggles. If you find new options, let me know and I'll try to update the list.

Fillers:
-PP4
-KK4
-4KK
-K2KK
-6KK4
-(BS)4KK
-(BS)6K+G
-(TLC)6K

Enders
-8KK - keeps enemy close
-PP2KK - keeps enemy close, facedown knd situation
-(TLC)KKK - pushes far away
-(BS)KK6K - keeps close
-(BS)6K+GK - best damage, keeps close

I'll divide what connects in (N)eutral and (BS) stance followups.

LS(N) - 8KK

L(N) - PP2KK _ PP4,KKK
L(BS) - KK6K

L/M(N) - KK4KKK _ K2KK,KK6K
L/M(BS) - 4KK,KK6K _ 6K+GK

M(N) - 6KK4,KKK _ K2KK,KK6K
M(BS) - 4KK,KK6K

M/H(N) - K2KK,KK6K
M/H(BS) - 4KK, 6K+GK _ 6K+G,6K+GK

H(N) - K2KK,6K+GK _ KK4,(TLC)6K,8KK

H+(N) - K2KK, 6K+GK _ KK4,(TLC)6K,8KK

H++(N) - KK4,(TLC)6K,PP2KK _ K2KK,6K+GK

I'll update this thread later with the change in juggling vs the various weight classes. Didn't have time to check that out yet. I also haven't looked into wall juggles either, so many that'll be an update somewhere in the future too.

Last edited:

milechaser

Idk if this has been posted before, but I came across this online and even though it's not 5U some of the stuff in this video may still be relevant to the current version.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
@Tulkas the video of milechaser is very interesting but its on doa5 not doa5 U :(

and in your first post you say 6H+KK in bending stance its a ender of some combo and keep opponent close. im totaly agree :) but they are an other thing very interresting :
this move can break the ground !
this move change your side (if you start your combo to the right side with 6h+kk you finish to the left side so you can choice this end after see your place in the stage)

here one of my combo using the h+kk end potential

x Sypher x

Best power launcher combos I've found so far for damage. Requires strict timing. I've only tested it on light and mid weights though.

EDIT: Added featherweight and heavyweight and damage numbers for all.

Featherweight:
K, 4H+K, K, 4H+K, PP4KKK (119)

Lightweight:
K, 4H+K, K, 4H+K, K6KK (116)

Midweight:
K, 4H+K, K, 4H+K, PP2KK (114)

Heavyweight: including Rachel
K, 4H+K, 9PP, PP2KK (112)

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
i search some combo to break alpha 152 and i find this after the CB ;)
33K--K--4H+K(bending stance)--9PP--PP2KK

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
yeah and what about brad wong you search again tips on him ? i love doa because even if you think you know all about your character you discover every days one thing very good if you do hard search :) its the reason why i play only one character to know all my possiblity

KING JAIMY

Hey good videos @MATSUKAZE!

Did you know about this lightweight CB combo yet? ;)

CB - 33K - K - BS 4KK - (6P+K) TLC KK4K

Don't think it's max damage but it's a pretty cool looking combo imo.

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
thanks ididnt yet see the max damage but just with the read of your combo i know its not the max damage because :
33K damage are not better than 4H+KTLC damage (so use the most powerful llauncher is always better)
and at the end of your combo you do KK4KTLC my favorite move but again its not better than K--4KK--6H+KK

i think you can do (i didnt yet test this combo but in theory its possible because its work on middle weight) 4H+KTLC--K--4KK---6H+KK

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
i think the same thing that you ;) what about the timing !! is too hard but after i think ok right now you have problem with this timing but after one month of training what happen ?
i see you at the tournament rof winter session, you do a good job

TRAINING !!!

KING JAIMY

i think the same thing that you ;) what about the timing !! is too hard but after i think ok right now you have problem with this timing but after one month of training what happen ?
i see you at the tournament rof winter session, you do a good job

TRAINING !!!
Lol I'm going to train that combo because: more damage!!! ;)

But the timing is hard and it gets messed up if I play online :(

Also, did you see me play as Rig, Momiji or Jacky at Winter Session? And who was my opponent?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD