Seaside Eden Stage Explored

inochinagi

Standard Donor
Your exploration videos are always neat, thanks for making them. As for your question... the stage is pretty and I can't deny enjoying the dolphin shenanigans, but other than that it's kinda boring... it just feels cramped. I feel spoiled by previous beach stages like Seaside Market in DOA4 which somehow managed to feel huge even if it really wasn't. Seaside Eden even feels cramped next to DOA5's beach stages. And it's even crazier seeing in your video just how big of an area it really is yet we're confined to fight in one 10% corner of it.

Cool to see some references to older DOAX games there too, like Niki Beach and the Beach Girls "brand" (like on some of Lisa's onepiece suits).
RIP Jet skiing :(

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's a great video! :) Are you planning more?
Seaside Eden is the pretty much the only stage that can in size and detail compare to the stages of prior DOAs.
One thing that bothers me about that stage is the washed out lighting and that there is no haze in the air that gives far off jungle and islands a blueish tint like this:

1558934783-pc5c30c6d228350c174e6656828be1ff6.jpg

Even DOA5 did it, as you can see here in the background:

Dead-or-Alive-5-Last-Round-Zack-Island-Swimwear-21.jpg

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
They put quite a lot of detail in backgrounds that you could barely see due to in match video camera flux in combat. Especially that Sea Shop, you'd have to really zoom in to even see bits of it lolol.

KwonJigglypuff

Well put together video! There is a lot more to look at with this stage than I thought. Enjoyed every minute of your boundary breaking.

My thought exactly. At first I thought it was a video about Seaside Market (DOA4) and then I realized we actually had a really cool stage.

That makes me wonder... Maybe I will re-evaluate the stage selection in DOA6. Sure it was pretty limited and our anger was justified, but some of them had cool concepts and were kinda creative.

I wouldn't mind seeing some DOA5/DOA6 stages revamped (more details, better textures, weather options) in a future DOA compilation.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD