Season Pass 2 Discussion

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Just gonna quote this into the discussion here.

Everything can be fixed but don't expect it as part of SP2 roadmap guideline because I don't think they want to show everyone how fucked this game is graphically.

If they fix UV mapping, rigging or other visual issues, it will be part of "bug fixes" updates.

P2p1mbs

With such little additions, it looks like TN has no plans yet for an update to add tag. I doubt that will be added anytime within the next several months.

We should probably expect nothing more than disappointing costume DLCs until 2021 :rolleyes:.

P2p1mbs

Just one DLC character per pass from now on means we wont be seeing Rachel back until December :(. Leon fans will likely have to wait until June of next year for him to (possibly) return.

And I'm not at all surprised that they release a swimsuit pack withing a few months of release, took them longer than I expected but not really surprising. I imagine the beach stage will just be a remake of the Zack Island or Fireworks stage from last round (which is technically also on Zack Island).

Raansu

With such little additions, it looks like TN has no plans yet for an update to add tag. I doubt that will be added anytime within the next several months.

We should probably expect nothing more than disappointing costume DLCs until 2021 :rolleyes:.

You have some strong hopes to expect tag from any updates....If tag comes back it will be in a revision of the game.

P2p1mbs

You have some strong hopes to expect tag from any updates....If tag comes back it will be in a revision of the game.

I was never expecting tag to be added in an update, I meant that towards those that DO somehow think tag will be updated in. Something as big as the addition of tag is definitely going to have to be added thru a rerelease.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
On this tiny image the stage looks very similar to DOA5's beach stage but significantly smaller. :(

sp2_1-jpg.28893

The bikinis are even lamer and more copy-paste looking than I actually expected too. :/

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Those are just two types of bikinis (the super generic kinds of), and only the textures differ, lol.

The beach stage looks like that of DOA5, but smaller and more enclosed. We musn't look past the stage boundaries in DOA6, lol.

RagnorRob

I like that we are getting a beach stage. I can't wait to see it up close.

As for the swimsuits, while there is a nice variety of colors there seems to be very few style differences. Where are the one-pieces or the skimpy string bikinis? These seem to be re-colors of essentially the same two or three styles. (I miss Helena's gold one-piece from DoA5.)

Disappointed there are no swimsuits for guest characters. If you are going to have guest then finish the deal and allow them to get costumes too; especially Mai with her huge.....tracts of land. This is half-assed.

The bonus content costumes are terrible and lazy. Makes it an easier decision for me to not buy the pass. I bought the first season pass and was very disappointed; I was hoping for a game like DoA5 where many of the costumes fell into the categories of sexy or cool and instead got weird wedding fetish outfits and cheesy looking dinner-theater pirate costumes. I'm not extra cautious about giving TN any money and nothing that I've seen in these newest preview images makes me think I should buy the second season pass.

Pretty disappointed....I really hoped Season 2 would right this game; it still might I guess but it doesn't look like it's off to a good start.

Dionysus

Pretty disappointing. I’m glad there’s at least a new stage, though it is hardly original. I can’t think of a more fitting epitaph than the fact that even the swimsuit quality has dropped.

Dionysus

This basically confirms that the “all the outfits are two or three presets with just colour changed for everyone” will be the standard. I think I’d prefer fewer outfits overall but unique ones... stage is good news, bonus outfits are laughable in the extreme. New character being limited to just one is even worse than I expected. Overall I wouldn’t say it’s worse than the first one; BGM and stages are at least something in exchange for no second character. But the female-only costume set does make me frown.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Here’s a far distance of Brad, Eliot, Bass, Rig and Zack in their newest copy & paste swimsuits. View attachment 28898

Wait a sec, how did you get those screens? Is there some low quality trailer or screens of one out there?

I really hate when they give the male characters those generic, middle length beach trunks. There's nothing cool or sexy about them. Make them shorter or longer, tighter or more loose. There are dozens of better male beach wear styles. And for the love of God give them some bright colors, those dark ones look so depressing. :/

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

That can't happen because DOA5LR didn't have TAG mode in all stages not even in PS4. Only in a few stages.

We won't see TAG mode until PS5, like Shimbori already said before launch.

Also, don't expect Tifa. For some reason people think it can happen. It didn't happen even when DOA sold around 2-3 million units, it won't happen now. I don't think we will see her even in Tekken.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD