Season Pass 2 Discussion

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Looks like there are leaks from tomorrow.

Nice try. But no.

She knows ninjutsu and she's also a dragon shinren maiden (aka, not a normal human) and Ryu apprentice, so it's obvious they wouldn't go for the full Aikido moveset like Aoi from Virtua Fighter.

Brute

Standard Donor
Looks like there are leaks from tomorrow.

View attachment 28892
So, how do these male costumes differ from the Deluxe Edition ones?

She knows ninjutsu and she's also a dragon shinren maiden (aka, not a normal human) and Ryu apprentice, so it's obvious they wouldn't go for the full Aikido moveset like Aoi from Virtua Fighter.
Well, as they say, two wrongs don't make a right, as both the ninjutsu stuff and the aikido stuff were executed terribly.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
sp2_3-jpg.28894

It gets worse...

and even worse!!!

"Why are they all the same?" - Brute
Tomorrow morning we will finally have some details for the second season pass after the VSFighting tournament. There are a lot of questions: Will the price be dropped on these very regular passes? Will Rachel and Momiji return? Will Leon and Ein return? Will we get more generic costumes, or something more uniquely crafted? Discuss the Season Pass here.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
They were too lazy to import DOX3 outfits, so they just reskinned the same top for almost every character. And they didn't even pick colors befitting of each respective character.

Thanks for ordering a clown car, TN. Always fun to see what steps out.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

So the SP2 is more or less what I guessed, swimsuits/bikinis (thanks to god they are the "cute" style), a new beach stage and one single character, being that character Momiji for sure.

Cadaveri

Even the bonus content is only recolors, how fucking lazy can you get. I bet the new stage BGM is recycled as well.
I mean It wouldn't be too bad, but they will charge us minimum 60$, guaranteed sigh

Cadaveri

Sigh, one character means Momiji only.
Swimsuits are pretty much indentical all around this time, recolor recolors recolors.
Bonus content for season pass, you guessed it.. RECOLORED.

Stage is recycled beach stage from DOA5 and mark my words the BGM as well.

Price will be around 50-80$ minimum, probably closer to 80 than 50...

No new hairstyles, customization, 1 character, I couldn't justify buying this pass If It costs +50$ due to the reason the remaining costumes will be recolor/recycled content as well.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's obvious they can't keep the flow of work from the first season pass. Not even bigger franchises with higher budgets can release 2 characters each 4 months.
Except that they're not making brand new characters. Kula is debatable, but otherwise it's pretty much a case of Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V. Hell, that even applies to a lot of the base roster, let alone the DLC.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Except that they're not making brand new characters. Kula is debatable, but otherwise it's pretty much a case of Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V. Hell, that even applies to a lot of the base roster, let alone the DLC.

It's not that easy since they aren't just using the same exact models (faces are better, bodies are worse for some reason), they have to work in new moves and animations, game-balance and well, we know this engine is a pain in the ass to work with.

If it took them 4 months to just add some intros and outros for most characters (not even all of them) I wouldn't expect Koei investing in characters. What Koei wants for sure are costumes.

If the new stage looks good (good looking skybox, good loking sand textures, good looking water materials and shaders unlike Lost Paradise) it will be more than I expected.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD