[Sep 21, 2013] 1337LoungeLive's DOA5U Tournament in SoCal... (Los Angeles, CA)

ikodomo

Also since it's one game station, every match will be streamed so capping it at 16 players is important since the studio usually starts the tournament at 7:00pm and ends hopefully at 1:00am.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Double-elim 16 players 2/3 matches you guys should be done in like two hours.

Edit: 1 game station would probably jump it to 3-4 hours.

BloodBurger

Good to meet you guys too!

I'm in West LA, Culver City so the drive to Super Arcade is rough. I'd like to get out there as much as I can but it wouldn't be as often as I'd like to.

I'll shoot a message to Jen anyway to try and save my slot for this event.

ikodomo

I pick Dii Bell and his friend up near Culver City when we go to casuals. So if you would like and need carpooling for an offline casual or a tournament meet up, let me know and I'll be happy to drive you. Also when Vincent Rayne and I went to WNF, he would drop off his car at Little Tokyo and I would just carpool him from there to Walnut. Just let me be aware of your plans whether you can go or not at least a few hours before our schedule meetup.

BloodBurger

I pick Dii Bell and his friend up near Culver City when we go to casuals. So if you would like and need carpooling for an offline casual or a tournament meet up, let me know and I'll be happy to drive you. Also when Vincent Rayne and I went to WNF, he would drop off his car at Little Tokyo and I would just carpool him from there to Walnut. Just let me be aware of your plans whether you can go or not at least a few hours before our schedule meetup.

That'd be awesome bro. I'll definitely be around, watching for your meetups. I have a buddy that plays too and more times than not we can roll together but I really appreciate you putting this out there and will definitely take you up on it from time to time.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So that definitely fits their time schedule having 1 game station in play. Sounds good to me.
Yeah at SJ7 it took us an hour and a half, maybe could have cut it down to an hour, with 8 people at single-elim for the 4p tag tourney.

Tenren

really sucks, this job has been stopping me from going to any tournaments. But the money makes it worth it lol. As soon as I get full time I can get a full 2 weeks of PTO.

Riverside is a few hours from watts I could go, but at the same time with a 16 player cap, I wouldn't want to take any spots away from players who are actually good at the game........cause I'm ass.

And it's on ps3......fuck ps3

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Riverside is a few hours from watts I could go, but at the same time with a 16 player cap, I wouldn't want to take any spots away from players who are actually good at the game........cause I'm ass.
So am I, but you won't get better if you never get out.

First time for everything.

So am I, but you won't get better if you never get out.

First time for everything.

True and I really want to go to an event, but that is a very far drive to get my ass beat LOL.
However I do plan on going to nor/socal regional when that time comes around. And if NykNyks host anymore of those tournies I want to try and make it. Something close by sounds better to me.

Also fuck ps3

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
To everyone that intends on going to this tournament this Saturday, please email Jennifer letting her know that you are registering for the tournament. I'll post her email here; JEN@HDFILMS.COM

But you can also find her email within' the OP of this thread. She needs to know of which players are attending the event before the actual tournament day. This is not a walk-in tournament, you will NOT be let into the tournament. You MUST pre-register in order to participate.

Just email her the following information;

- Your name
- Your gamertag or PSN ID
- Your game handle, if you would prefer to register using a different name other than your gamertag or ID.

Let's get everything done in an orderly fashion so we are well prepared and nothing is slowing the tournament down. Thank you.

NukNuks

Can anybody house me for Friday & Saturday night? As well as pick me up and drop me off from the bus location in North Hollywood? I'm really looking forward to this event but I won't be able to go unless I can stay somewhere. I promise I have good behavior :)

1337LoungeJen

Hi Everyone!
Jennifer Zhang here from 1337LoungeLive. First of all, we're really excited about the great turnout it looks like we'll have, based on this thread alone. Unfortunately, only half the number of people who replied here actually emailed me.

To be officially registered, you MUST email me (jen@hdfilms.com) so I can keep track of the number of people coming.

Another important note: please don't bring friends to spectate without clearing them with me first! Space is REALLY limited and honestly, 16 people is the upper limit of how many people the room can hold, and even then it'll be a really tight squeeze. *That means that if we have 16 players, there won't be room for anyone else.*

As Hajin said: this is NOT a walk-in tournament! Email me so I put you on our list or else you won't be let in through the door!

Looking forward to streaming this event with all you fine gentlemen!

Sorry to be a hardass about things, but the venue really is very small, and since there are free drinks all night, we have to be sticklers about how many people we host!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No worries, Jen, you're not being a hardass about anything. It's always better to have things in a clearer fashion so that there are no misunderstandings or confusion anywhere.

As Jen stated though, try not invite any spectators due to space being an issue. And guys, please email Jen at the above email address (it is also in the OP of this thread) for registration if you plan to attend. The player bracket is capped at 16 (max) and will not be extended under any circumstances.

The deadline for registration is 9/21/2013 (this Saturday) at 5pm.

If you are going to go, email Jen and post up here so I can know who is actually attending. Thank you.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD