DOA5LR Shall i be the only competitive player on PC. Please buy it :)

rximmortal

Hi there guys. I was wondering if there will be at least any competitive comunity on the PC version.
Yes it will be delayed with ..... maybe 3 months. So i was wondering who from this FSD forum shall buy it :?

Reactions: d3v

Dark_Ky

Exactly my concern as well, not just DOA but all next gen FG that have a Pc release. I am definitely buying LR on Pc even if the scene is going to be smaller.

Hopefully the online play delay will pay off and the netcode wont be shit

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
You'll find me on PC too, as long as the online realm there doesn't get strewn by stupidly modded lobbies.

Nothing against mods in general, but I can already imagine stuff like full 16 player lobbies with tag gravity in single fight mode, of course with 400 hitpoints and nude mode.

Because people love to overdo it with mods.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You'll find me on PC too, as long as the online realm there doesn't get strewn by stupidly modded lobbies.

Nothing against mods in general, but I can already imagine stuff like full 16 player lobbies with tag gravity in single fight mode, of course with 400 hitpoints and nude mode.

Because people love to overdo it with mods.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Do you know how long I've yearned to play DOA5 on an old-school DOA interface?
How long I wanted Christie to wear this shiny red coat posted on my profile at the time I made this post?
How long I wanted to reinsert Jann Lee's original sound clips from Toshio "Piccolo" Furukawa" back in the game?
How long I wanted to play against a mute Marie Rose with a ball gag in her mouth so I won't have to hear her make all that noise?
How long I wanted to see Nyotengu remodded in Bankotsubo's skin with all his sound clips intact?
How long I wanted to mod Bananakira to bring smiles to the community's faces?
How long I wanted to tweak certain mechanics so I can present it to Team Ninja and improve some characters many dedicated users feel are lacking, such as Heero-- I mean, Ein?

If overdoing it is what it takes for TN to take notice on what we want, I'd say go nuts while you can, and get yourself noticed. And now that I've retired from doing ryona vids and can't see myself doing nude mods, I can focus on just that. :)

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
No, I don't know how long you've been waiting for stuff like this.

However, do whatever you like to do, while I think that carloads of costume mods like this Bananakira, if not placed discreet (like as halloween costume), will make look the game even more less serious and noticable as fighting game.

Also, some of the points you listed can be realized client-based only (sound and texture modifications), so people who don't like that wouldn't have to care about if you'd play them online.

Everything else (e.g. server based modfications like the gravity) usually tend to influence the game-balance in a negative way, because, as I said, people like to overdue things.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
nude mode.
*No flame intended*
I don't know how many times I have to tell people that if you don't download a mod, you won't see it. This means, they will be in Costume 1 or whatever for you, but for them, they are a naked body, or a toilet lol. This is the same for gameplay system tweaks. This only happened on DOAO because the servers weren't supported by TN in ANY way, so yeah. (Unless somebody has found a way to download it for you without you knowing)

Don't worry about seeing the mods. Just don't. You can trust me.

If you joined the lobby with modders, they would be forced to play the normal version of the game and/or not be able to play with you because you don't have the same mod.

Last edited:

Solo

Regardless of people modding or not, I'm buying it. It's the first 3D fighting game out of the main four(DoA, VF, Tekken, SC) to release a game on PC that isn't a re-release of an older version of the game so I'm pretty pumped about it.

lotr9690

Hi there guys. I was wondering if there will be at least any competitive comunity on the PC version.
Yes it will be delayed with ..... maybe 3 months. So i was wondering who from this FSD forum shall buy it :?
I am! you'll see me on. I'm getting it on my ps4 as well. And my ps3 will have the free upgrade. Its gonna be awesome! see ya on steam! :)

lotr9690

Just FYI I'm the white rabbit or something; but I joined right away! Thanks for making that. It's nice to have a place to plan matches, chat etc. on steam -- not that it could replace FSD ;)

I have a question for Steam users: This is actually my first game with Steam (I usually buy the physical copy or purchase through amazon digital) and I was wondering if I can download this game on multiple computers. I'm purchasing a new one later this year and I was hoping to put it on both. Sorry if it's an obvious question.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I have a question for Steam users: This is actually my first game with Steam (I usually buy the physical copy or purchase through amazon digital) and I was wondering if I can download this game on multiple computers. I'm purchasing a new one later this year and I was hoping to put it on both. Sorry if it's an obvious question.

Yes.

Also, everyone be sure to add your Steam tag to your FSD Profile

synce

I may get it but $40 seems high considering I've bought this game twice already. I'll wait until there's more details

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD