DOA5LR Shall i be the only competitive player on PC. Please buy it :)

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
I would buy it on pc but j can't really see myself playing it on a mouse/ keyboard

Plus button mapping a controller would be to much trouble

Brute

Standard Donor
I doubt that.
Most PC games come with standard controller-mapping built-in. It's usually just as easy to manage a gamepad on a PC, if not easier, than on a console.

Brute

Standard Donor
Maybe it has changed since i last played but i remember it being annoying
It's been this way for several years, now. Only the most shoddy ports have terrible gamepad support (or those designed intentionally not to support it).

Randzz

I would buy it on pc but j can't really see myself playing it on a mouse/ keyboard

It'll most likely use the 360 controls by default & probably the Xbox 1 controllers too now that the drivers on ready for PC. I'm hoping that the Steam version will allow me to use my Hori controller or even the MLG pro circuit one; to paraphrase an old saying "Not all controllers are equal" for fighting games. Don't discount keyboard fighting game players, I know at least one who could make Street Fighter practically do the 1080 flips from Goat Simulator just playing on keyboard. The dangerous part of this will be that people who can find a way to use the keyboard & controller (or arcade stick) combo can simply program certain moves for characters (like the 3 part unbreakable holds) & then be able to do them back to back without any effort other then to remember to push certain buttons "at the right time".

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Some old Capcom ports back in the day were like that. Onimusha 3 in particular.

RoboJoe

He probably had a bad experience with something like Joy2Key or an alternative. I know I've raged a few times forcing controller options on games that didn't support them.

Skilletor

I'm not preordering until it's confirmed this is based on the ps4/xb1 versions. Been burned by JP devs on PC too frequently recently.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They're actively working on the Steam version. When they know what will it will ship with they'll let us know. I can say that I have various sources that match up in what they tell me. Since they're actively working on it, it is my opinion that they would be based off the PS4/XB1 versions with the new content. It does not appear they are just trying to do a basic port, especially since they're not rushing the Online component.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
The preorder bonus is better for steam, with the stores you need to order from various stores to get all costumes

Randzz

The preorder bonus is better for Steam, with the stores you need to order from various stores to get all costumes
Each one has a different set of pre-order costumes for certain characters, with the exception of Amazon (rather it's not mentioned on Amazon but is on the list, see link). I'm tempted to get the Best Buy version of DoA5LR for PS4 since it has the costume sets for both Christie & Mila. As for the list, here you go: DoA5LR pre-order DLC

synce

So I was looking through my old photobucket and came across this Momiji mod I did way back

momiji-doax_zps70a65e25.jpg

And it hit me, holy shit, do you think it's possible to replace DOA5's character models with DOA4's? I know people have been swapping models in the 360 version since forever but I'm not sure about the limitations

Another cool idea - swap DOA5 Alpha moveset with DOA4 Alpha 8)

Randzz

Movesets I couldn't tell you but as for the other thing, why not? PC users adore mods. Whether they're official or unofficial Team Ninja & Koei/Tecmo will simply have to deal with that reality. Of course though, the kicker is that what one modder might have another might not.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD