Should "Snap Backs" be allowed in Tag Battle?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
considering the apparent lack of guaranteed damage this should alleviate the problem of tag matches taking forever and a half to finish so im fine.

MrMoon360

I think DOA5's snap-back mechanic would be clearly justified if you lost the round when one tag partner is K.O.ed.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
The real name for it is "Force Out". Burst Tag is making your partner CB as soon as they tag in by pressing
:214::H+P::+::K: or :236::H+P::+::K:. The idea of it is pretty good. Also, judging by the current build in the offline videos, the Stun Threshold looks like it's at 3 Hits before a CB.

synce

I think DOA5's snap-back mechanic would be clearly justified if you lost the round when one tag partner is K.O.ed.

This would be awesome. One of tag's biggest problem is the matches drag on too long.

Personally I don't think snap backs on their own will change anything. This mechanic makes way more sense in MVC3 because you have characters like my girl Phoenix who you HAVE to take out quickly. DOA5 doesn't have meter, and you still have to KO both characters to win, so what's the point?

On the subject of meter though, while TN is busy lifting ideas from other fighters, maybe they should consider it for DOA6. If they're sticking with the guessing game formula, at least make it flashy.

Zeo

considering the apparent lack of guaranteed damage this should alleviate the problem of tag matches taking forever and a half to finish so im fine.

That would effectively kill tag because of the ToD combos. A LOT more is guaranteed in tag and it basically takes 2 combos to kill a character. This isn't marvel. And this is coming from someone who wants more guaranteed damage period.

Argentus

I dont get the "matches drag on too long" gripe. If duration was a concern, then dont play a mode having four characters in a single fight.

So that said, the snapback seems counterproductive to a tag match. This isn't mvc where each team has 3. This is 2 on 2, so it doesn't really make any sense, even more so because its not like you can spam assists so theres literally no point to it. Just kill the character that's out.

And I just remembered people instantkilling people back in 2u by just catching them with an infinite juggle using tagouts. So nevermind

MrMoon360

That would effectively kill tag because of the ToD combos. A LOT more is guaranteed in tag and it basically takes 2 combos to kill a character. This isn't marvel. And this is coming from someone who wants more guaranteed damage period.

I would think more along the lines of Tekken.

Seems to work pretty well here too. (1:03 UNNNH!)
(God I love VF.)

Doubling this kind of onslaught with large health bars and two characters to defeat in one round is unnecessary in this fighting game. I think it has something to do with attention span. Every modern fighter gets that but DOA. One character to defeat + high damage = a frantic, dynamic and exciting match where you can miss what happened by blinking.

d3v

Actually, ToD's are fine in any tag team game that doesn't follow the TTT system.

In fact, some sort of ToD or very high damage is necessary in tag team games since you need to give a single character on low health the ability to still win against two characters with little to no damage.

Zeo

Actually, ToD's are fine in any tag team game that doesn't follow the TTT system.

In fact, some sort of ToD or very high damage is necessary in tag team games since you need to give a single character on low health the ability to still win against two characters with little to no damage.

The ToD is fine as the system currently. I was referring to ToD if the round was over if you lost one character as Mr Moon said. Having those in combination with the TTT system AND snapbacks? Naaaah.

Rapham0n

I just hope Team Ninja do something to restrict the use of "Snap Back". Perhaps make it so that each player can only use it once per ROUND. That would ensure you don't get some clown who abuses it. Snap Back should not be something that you can just throw out all willy-nilly just for the hell of it whenever you want to. It should be something that must be used at the right time in the right situation. That way it adds an extra level of strategy to the game. If you can throw it out just for the sake of throwing it out then it adds nothing to the game. Also it could get really annoying if you run into some fool who decides he is going to go on a Snap Back binge for the entire match. There should be some kind of restriction to it's use.

Blazeincarnated

since im actually interested in using a second character now my interest in tag has been piqued. cant wait see the crazy shit a leon/rachel team could pull off.

You and me online maybe?
ISeeWhatYouDidThereWhiteSS.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD