SkullGirls

splslick

I still haven't downloaded the patch yet, and now they are adding someone else to the cast. I will get around to updating my game soon then. That's great that EVO is going to pick up SG on the side even though they didn't win. d3V, do they have any screen shots of what Squiggly will look like?

If you fast forward to 54mins, Mike Z shows her off in an actual match AP

Leady?

Just got this game a few days ago. Hit up the tutorial, story, and arcade. Diggin Painwheel the most so far. Very versatile and cool character.

I love the anti-infinite mechanism. Heard this game was supposed to be extremely balanced coming from a community member. Are there tiers or what? Haven't really seen it in high level play yet though heard about it having a special spot on the 2013 EVO roster, which is very cool for both the players and MikeZ.

d3v

It's a fighting game, off course there are tiers. However the cast is small enough that the gap is neglible enough. Also, team composition is more important than flat out tier ranking.

Leady?

It's a fighting game, off course there are tiers. However the cast is small enough that the gap is neglible enough. Also, team composition is more important than flat out tier ranking.
Well, the only tag team component would be dhc's or counterpicking-balance, correct? It's not like SFxT or something, so I don't understand this 'team composition' you type of.

Are one and two character teams viable if you're decent with the character/s or is it pretty much 3 or gtfo, CvS style?

d3v

Well, the only tag team component would be dhc's or counterpicking-balance, correct? It's not like SFxT or something, so I don't understand this 'team composition' you type of.
Assists dear boy. What assist you use can change the way you play your point character.

For example, running Peacock/Parasoul, the latters Napalm Pillar gives me a good anti-air (something Peacock lacks) that I can also combo into a hyper. Meanwhile, Peacock's HP. Item Drop helps make Parasoul's already impressive lockdown game by forcing my opponent to be wary of any incoming items.
Are one and two character teams viable if you're decent with the character/s or is it pretty much 3 or gtfo, CvS style?
IMO, 2 gives you a good balance between solo and 3-man teams. You still get an assist to back you up but aren't as squishy as if you had 3 characters.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
Assists dear boy. What assist you use can change the way you play your point character.

For example, running Peacock/Parasoul, the latters Napalm Pillar gives me a good anti-air (something Peacock lacks) that I can also combo into a hyper. Meanwhile, Peacock's HP. Item Drop helps make Parasoul's already impressive lockdown game by forcing my opponent to be wary of any incoming items.
IMO, 2 gives you a good balance between solo and 3-man teams. You still get an assist to back you up but aren't as squishy as if you had 3 characters.
so are folks still playing sg around here? ive been kinda on and off with it.

synce

Finally spent some quality time with SG and I'm loving it. Just wish the art was higher res and the screen didn't flash every time a new line of text pops up in story mode.

Just doing the character tutorials I got the impression Parasoul is god tier in this game. Those bombs kinda reminded me of Viola's ball thingy

And oh yeah about the new DLC character, is that a girl controlling him or are they both guys? Blondie looks like s/he has boobs

Gruff757

Standard Donor
parasoul was my first sg chaacter i used, im still loving her, her reveal trailer seemed pretty awesome and badass to me.

d3v

IndieGoGo page is up.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/333003/

It's already made more than what Melee made for the EVO fundraiser.
Finally spent some quality time with SG and I'm loving it. Just wish the art was higher res and the screen didn't flash every time a new line of text pops up in story mode.
Uhh... the art assets in the game are actually drawn at 1440p, then scaled down in real time to 720p/1080p on consoles.

synce

Bad choice of words on my part, I'm just not a fan of the thick lines. But very impressed with how they're handling DLC. Back in 2005 *this* is what imagined DLC would be. Not color swaps, rehashes, or content cut/locked from the disc to be sold back immediately.

d3v

Squigly is now completely funded, right down to her story mode.
squiglybooty.gif

Now we need to work towards that Big Band!

d3v

This is Japan after 1 week of play, taking out the US's best Ms. Fortune player in a single combo.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
That GIF is hilarious, that video is ridiculous and I just did my part and contributed $30. I'm really impressed with this game and its community. I need to learn this game, I've been meaning to for months, but I completely lack an understanding of 2D fighters.

d3v

That GIF is hilarious, that video is ridiculous and I just did my part and contributed $30. I'm really impressed with this game and its community. I need to learn this game, I've been meaning to for months, but I completely lack an understanding of 2D fighters.
Replay the first 2 columns of the tutorial.

Also try to read up on stuff written by MAJ (who did the "footsies handbook") or Seth's old Domination 1010 articles.

http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702
http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/domination-101

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD