So....

Keved

I haven't had one single freezing problem since buying the game on the 27th. I get that language glitch but as far as freezing goes i haven't come across that once since playing.

Overall i think the game is absolutely incredible. Love the overall look of the characters & the arenas.

Seeing dirt & sweat on your character's face after a tough match is greatness.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I haven't had one single freezing problem since buying the game on the 27th. I get that language glitch but as far as freezing goes i haven't come across that once since playing.

Overall i think the game is absolutely incredible. Love the overall look of the characters & the arenas.

Seeing dirt & sweat on your character's face after a tough match is greatness.

I'm pretty much in agreement. Everything about the game is good. I have the language glitch every once in a while. The online is definitely an improvement compared to doa4's even though people expected it to be better. And yeah I guess it could have been, but I'm ight with it. My only real gripe is waiting so long for ranked matches.

Keved

I'm pretty much in agreement. Everything about the game is good. I have the language glitch every once in a while. The online is definitely an improvement compared to doa4's even though people expected it to be better. And yeah I guess it could have been, but I'm ight with it. My only real gripe is waiting so long for ranked matches.

Yeah same here mate. I've only recently just started playing online (had to practice offline first) & have had a really good run with it thus far. I've being playing some Norwegian fellows & we had about twenty fights free of lag. So far so good with the online gameplay on my end.

But man do i need practicing, I am getting absolutely ruined online, good to see there is alot of humble pro's out there though giving you friendly advice as they wipe the floor with you each match lol.

TheTHCGamer

Can't say I care either. I'm losing sleep every night and I've already sunk 70 hours into the game over the past 5 days. My girlfriend's been laying in her bed at night staring at the ceiling, trying to ward off thoughts of turning the 360 back on to play. DOA5 is amazing for what it is. I hope TN can rectify some of the more prevalent issues though.
Lol i know what you mean but you need to take a break from it from time to time every chick has there breaking point. After a marathon i kinda feel like a dick especially when i hear youve been playing that game all day. Im watching football right now to give me a break from playing DOA5 and yes i need a break im addicted.

This whole time ive only been using one character too which scares me because after all is said and done i feel like i might need to enter some type of DOA rehab program. As far as the glitches i havent made an effort to look them all up ignorance is bliss.

AegisOrnus

Lol i know what you mean but you need to take a break from it from time to time every chick has there breaking point. After a marathon i kinda feel like a dick especially when i hear youve been playing that game all day. Im watching football right now to give me a break from playing DOA5 and yes i need a break im addicted.

This whole time ive only been using one character too which scares me because after all is said and done i feel like i might need to enter some type of DOA rehab program. As far as the glitches i havent made an effort to look them all up ignorance is bliss.
Mine's kind of an opposite deal. I want to take a break but my girlfriend gets sad and let-down when I do so I have to explain to her the benefits of taking a break, lol. She can be a very intense gamer too. She's an old-school SSF2T player. She's tried other fighting games but none of them ever stuck for her. I got her to try DOA5 as her first in the series and she's in love with it. She'll come home from work and say, "Alright, just 30 mins of DOA and I'll go to bed." and then proceeds to stay up 3-4 hours more, playing arcade mode and command training. She doesn't get a lot of time to play right now so she really goes for it when she can.

All I've been doing is playing Mila online, which I eventually convinced myself that DOA5 is not a race and that I should try other things instead of going straight to online matchmaking. So I unlocked Alpha and I'm going into training mode today. I need to refine what I've got going on.

And as far as glitches go, they're just happening for me. It's hard to be ignorant when the game switches your sidestep without notifying you, lol. Out of about 15 replays I saved from online, only about 5-6 worked and recorded the match properly. The game's also repeatedly freezing on me and putting me in to spectate other players' ranked matches with the camera view insanely skewed. I'm just happy the core game experience is very solid and fun.

Ghosty-J

It may not seem like I have some sort of addiction to this game seeing how I'm still only halfway towards unlocking Alpha while everyone else has done it already, it's safe to say I'm pretty dang addicted to this game given all of the work I blew off for my art courses at college <_<

Other than online keeping me from connecting to lobbies and ranked fights all the time, I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Heck, probably more than I have with Tag 2 since I actually stand somewhat of a chance against a seasoned player. Pretty hard to say since I love Tekken with a passion XD

I've been meaning to use all of my mains in a more even manner, but I've already used Akira Yuki over 100 times online since I've been trying so hard to use him in this game, which is pretty scary since I feel like I'm neglecting my other favorite characters D: I really ought to get back to my art assignments and side-projects I have going on, But this game is JUST TOO GOOD TO PUT DOWN X_X

Brute

Standard Donor
@Aegis Ornus: Your girlfriend is awesome! xD

Unfortunately, I have a lot of obligations that prevent me from playing as much as I'd like to. But whenever I do get free time, you bet I'm playing DOA5. I'm in love, man. It's such a good step forward for the series in the right direction. It has issues, but every game does.
But I can't get enough of this game. I need to play more! ;)

One objection I do have is that my online opponents for whatever reason always seem to be noobs. There's nothing wrong with that, as everyone needs time to break in, but when you have an over 80% win rate on the first day of playing after its been out a week, I feel like there should be more experienced players active online.

So if you live somewhat close to California and have a PS3, feel free to hit me up for a game. I'm by no means an expert, but can hopefully put up a fun fight for you guys.

loralei

The online play is getting a bit less laggy, but it does really take away from your momentum. The only glitch that ticks me off is the language glitch. Urgh I cannot win a fight if the English VA's are on. ><

Ghosty-J

I don't know about only facing noobs online. Just try and fight some of the supposed F ranks you see in the numerous lobbies. Those ranks are lies I tell you! LIIIEEESSSS!!! I've been fighting nothing but F ranks there with at most the ability of a C-Grade player. It's probably one of my numerous strokes of bad luck.

And I agree. Aegis's girlfriend is AWESOME. And he's even cooler for repping Casshern as his avatar :cool:

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't know about only facing noobs online. Just try and fight some of the supposed F ranks you see in the numerous lobbies. Those ranks are lies I tell you! LIIIEEESSSS!!! I've been fighting nothing but F ranks there with at most the ability of a C-Grade player. It's probably one of my numerous strokes of bad luck.

And I agree. Aegis's girlfriend is AWESOME. And he's even cooler for repping Casshern as his avatar :cool:
Well, if you play in lobbies, lobbies don't seem to rank you up/down.
Additionally, everyone starts as rank F. So even a player that's won 30 straight matches may only be "D" list or something like that.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
Ranks don't really matter anyways. It's silly cuz the more you play the more points you get, and it's really hard to lose points unless you fight people of the same rank. I'm a B+ and when I lose to lower grades I pretty much lose nothing.

monster637

i played so much that past 2 days i got headaches and sore eyes, where i thought might stroke out like them Korean MMO guys always do....and i started to get the quick sand, where the more i played the worse i was getting all blurry eyed..... have not had a game suck me in like this for a while and Im usually never sucked in like this on 3d fighters..
To bad i have many days of work before i can actually play more , first 3d game i really want to learn learn. need to digg threw the ayane and hitomi threads when i can to go from mashing to putting in work........But for now i need sleep and to get jobs done..........arrgggggg ayane and hitomi players fill them forums for me!!!

TheTHCGamer

The only issues ive experienced so fare is 1 freezing glitch that turned off my console when i quit game and the other one is the character voice options everyone pretty much knows about. Im sure there are a good number of glitches/bugs from what everyone is saying but i just havent taken the time to look them up.

Ive been too busy trying to get better with Mila and having fun winning/losing online. I definitely knew id enjoy this game i just didnt expect to be playing it this much. I just hate running into those same players that just lag to the point where i feel like im playing a Mr game and watch instead of DOA5.

I really got to make an effort to learn how to play other characters because its only going to help me get better and i need to become more comfortable with ground throws/grabs. The game definitely has its similarities to VF but its also quite different to the point where im still adjusting.

Definitely one of the best fighting games this gen in my opinion and after the patches are released its only going to get better.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Fuck Survival. That's all I have to say. I'll count the cheesy AI and the fact that I have to do 100+ opponents four times in a row in order to finish the stupid shit as a goddamn bug. And yes, I'm pissed. Deal.

DR2K

Fuck Survival. That's all I have to say. I'll count the cheesy AI and the fact that I have to do 100+ opponents four times in a row in order to finish the stupid shit as a goddamn bug. And yes, I'm pissed. Deal.

Yup game breaking. It's a lot to ask for just for a costume. The requirment for Tina and Christie are cake walks in comparison.

-The hard difficulties should be completed in increments of 10 to complete, not jump from 50 to 100 for every hard difficulty.
-Allow for Tag mode in survival(even for the costume unlock)
-Fix the requirement to scoring in survival rank than win count
-Remove the AIs ability to predict hold status
-Drop the AIs health to low increase the players health to largest

This isn't fun.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Lmao, reading button inputs is not fair at all. I go for an OH and im instantly thrown every single time. I mix my attack level and im high counter held every single time. This is the most cheeziest computer fights I have had in my life.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Yup game breaking. It's a lot to ask for just for a costume. The requirment for Tina and Christie are cake walks in comparison.

-The hard difficulties should be completed in increments of 10 to complete, not jump from 50 to 100 for every hard difficulty.
-Allow for Tag mode in survival(even for the costume unlock)
-Fix the requirement to scoring in survival rank than win count
-Remove the AIs ability to predict hold status
-Drop the AIs health to low increase the players health to largest

This isn't fun.
I honestly don't care about the costume for anything other than achievement purposes, but as-is I'm blocked from getting two achievements. We all care about different things in our gaming and that's one of the big ones for me for better or for worse. I obviously love the game itself, issues aside, but the ridiculous decisions made with Survival really ruined the last couple days of playing it for me. I've sent some feedback along suggesting they at the very least institute a checkpoint like system so that we can fail a round or two here and there. There was more to it but yeah. Unbelievable.

TheTHCGamer

Lol well im glad i havent tried survival more than once because that does sound frustrating and ill guess ill wait until after the patch is released.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD