Some new DOA5U info (costumes tag etc)

Zeo

While I wouldn't want the DLC costumes to be free in DOAU purely because it would effectively screw over anyone who paid for them in Vanilla, it's annoying to think that a revision of the game won't be getting all those costumes in-game for free. Especially when I think about the jump in costumes from DOA2 to DOA2U.

Brute

Standard Donor
Was expecting less.
Less than 50? Let's do the math.

24 characters in the original game. Assuming each returning character gets two new costumes, that's 48.
Now for the new characters. Costumes revealed for each:
Leon - 3
Momiji - 4
Rachel - 4
Ein - 2
Jacky - 3

That's now at 64 new costumes. Add to the fact that some returning characters have had multiple new costumes revealed, that puts us at well over 50, meaning that likely most of the new costumes in the game have already been revealed.

Compare that to the amount of new costumes in DOA2U to DOA2 and well... it's just fucking sad.

If you were expecting less, you hold TN to some shamefully low standards.

Blazeincarnated

24 characters in the original game. Assuming each returning character gets two new costumes, that's 48.
Leon - 3
Momiji - 4
Rachel - 4
Ein - 2
Jacky - 3

That's now at 64 new costumes. Add to the fact that some returning characters have had multiple new costumes revealed, that puts us at well over 50, meaning that likely most of the new costumes in the game have already been revealed.

Compare that to the amount of new costumes in DOA2U to DOA2 and well... it's just fucking sad.

Jacky has 5 costumes. All the way up to costume E
VF5_Jacky_Costumes.jpg

Rachel and Momiji have 6 (based on Idol costume and swimsuit)

synce

If you can't read Japanese don't comment on stuff you don't know for sure. Those 50 costumes are for DOA5 characters, not the new ones. Also cheer up brute

And grape it's bounty, as in money. No details given otherwise

Brute

Standard Donor
If you can't read Japanese don't comment on stuff you don't know for sure. Those 50 costumes are for DOA5 characters, not the new ones.
That's still only 1 or 2 costumes for every character with a couple lucky 3 costumers (probably all gals). Considering that some like Ryu's are just sloppy imports from already modeled-stuff in RE, I fell like they can do better with a brand new release of the game.

Also cheer up brute
lol thanks

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Leon - 3
Momiji - 4
Rachel - 4
Ein - 2
Jacky - 3

Nah, I just don't really care about that kind of thing. DOA 3 most characters only had like 3 outfits and the rest were color swaps. Can't really say I cared then, so I don't care now either. The west has already proven they are more interested in stages than costumes.

The East are the ones who care about costumes, and they only really go for the female ones. It's the reason they keep pumping that DLC out which is another reason I'm not surprised you aren't getting more costumes at launch. They are looking at low sales figures for the game itself, and they are going to have to make money somehow.

synce

Nah, I just don't really care about that kind of thing. DOA 3 most characters only had like 3 outfits and the rest were color swaps. Can't really say I cared then, so I don't care now either. The west has already proven they are more interested in stages than costumes.

The East are the ones who care about costumes, and they only really go for the female ones. It's the reason they keep pumping that DLC out which is another reason I'm not surprised you aren't getting more costumes at launch. They are looking at low sales figures for the game itself, and they are going to have to make money somehow.

Come on with this east vs west stuff, you know damn well there's plenty of people at DOAW who care about costumes too. And there's people here who proudly admit they bought all the DLC...

But yeah, it's a safe bet that most guys get 1 new costume and most girls get 3. Fine by me :cool:

Blazeincarnated

Come on with this east vs west stuff, you know damn well there's plenty of people at DOAW who care about costumes too. And there's people here who proudly admit they bought all the DLC...

But yeah, it's a safe bet that most guys get 1 new costume and most girls get 3. Fine by me :cool:

Fucking bold. I only saw Zack with one new costume and its pissing me off.

Ghosty-J it probably confirms that all VF characters get all their costumes.

Brute

Standard Donor
It's not necessarily the costume count that annoys me, it's the selection. They're too fond of lazy-imports, "slutty ____s" or silly bikinis that I don't really respect their choices. A large part of what makes this game fun to play is feeling cool while you play it, and aesthetics are a large variable in that effect. Smooth animations, good graphics, stages, even sound effects and yes, costumes contribute to it. Personally the character that I like, Ryu, was really fucking lame in NG3, and their backwards attitude of showing his new ugly face in NG but not DOA and giving him the new LBF make him feel like that lame character.

I want to look and feel like the old Ryu. The cool one from the past games. Despite his throwback outfit being one of the most (if not the most) requested male costume by fans, and it wouldn't be super-hard to do it, TN continues to deliberately give us the finger in favor of more dumb costumes mentioned before.

Gets on my nerves. It's like that guy who just refuses to throw his trash away or hold the door open for someone with their hands full despite it not being all that hard just because he's got his head up his ass.

Keved

costume_jac_e.jpg

I must admit the Matrix style trench coat for Jacky looks all sorts of win. He kinda reminds me of RE's Wesker without the shades i reckon. Such a smooth operator! :cool:

Also, would love this one for Akira!

costume_aki_d.jpg

Gets on my nerves. It's like that guy who just refuses to throw his trash away or hold the door open for someone with their hands full despite it not being all that hard just because he's got his head up his ass.

rmpua8.gif

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Personally the character that I like, Ryu, was really fucking lame in NG3, and their backwards attitude of showing his new ugly face in NG but not DOA and giving him the new LBF make him feel like that lame character.

5 bucks this is the reason he doesnt get a maskless costume,people said they dont like the face so TN doesnt show it.

oh wait i just noticed the ranked tag,good cause i hate lobbies.

Brute

Standard Donor
How in the world did you know that that is one of my favorite .gifs on the whole damn internet?

Props, my friend. Props.

5 bucks this is the reason he doesnt get a maskless costume,people said they dont like the face so TN doesnt show it.
So make the throwback costume masked like it is in NG:B.
I'd like it better unmasked but hell, it's something.

DR2K

Leon - 3
Momiji - 4
Rachel - 4
Ein - 2
Jacky - 3

DOA2U had 1/3 of the roster and a shit ton of swaps. DOA2U came out 5 years after 2 and got delayed for nearly a full year.

Your expectations aren't grounded in reality.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD