Some short new DOA5U videos

TRI Mike

I agree with Raansu, and even on ceiling stages many characters like Rig, Fu or Busa would find PL completely useless.

miyodarius

well your able to have both PB and PL at your disposal in the fight, so it wont alter much. Yes there is a chance you will lose damage with a PL, but I can see a juggle combo that forces a tech, so you can continue your offense. And in some of the videos I seen with PL, it looked like some high crushes (just an idea).
but I'm wrong about all that, at least the PL gives some flash to your combos

Omegan Eckhart

I agree with Raansu, and even on ceiling stages many characters like Rig, Fu or Busa would find PL completely useless.

CB's don't let you land a throw so PL's will still be useful for those characters. Plus a well timed PL can be used to punish people who spam low counters, again something standing launcher throws cannot.

Raansu

well your able to have both PB and PL at your disposal in the fight, so it wont alter much. Yes there is a chance you will lose damage with a PL, but I can see a juggle combo that forces a tech, so you can continue your offense. And in some of the videos I seen with PL, it looked like some high crushes (just an idea).
but I'm wrong about all that, at least the PL gives some flash to your combos

The thing is, they share the same rules. both 50% health and you can only use one or the other once per round. That's one of the reasons I find the addition of the PL to be pointless. It's just more flash in a game that is already flashy enough as is.

CB's don't let you land a throw so PL's will still be useful for those characters. Plus a well timed PL can be used to punish people who spam low counters, again something standing launcher throws cannot.

That all depends on how how many frames they are.

TRI Mike

We just have to get our hands in the game and see what the juggling options are. If it's gonna be just a max height launcher that looks prettier I don't think it will be that useful outside ceiling stages AND if your character doesn't already have access to super launchers.

Again, I think that people like Gen Fu, Rig and Busa won't find them very useful. I hope I'm wrong though.

David Gregg

It would be nice if you could follow up with something on an uncharged PL say if you put your opponent in a stun or you've reached the critical threshold. Otherwise this thing is almost useless.

What it could have been --> a universal launcher
What it ended up being --> a CB w/o guarantees and with slightly more damage (if that depending on the situation)

synce

May be time to pick Kokoro back up :D

And for some strange reason I find myself wanting to suddenly use Helena and Hitomi... I can't quite put my finger on it...

synce

FlamingMuffin Sabaki > CB, buff's for Kokoro! Better hope it's not just in Tag. A one hit CB does seem a little suspicious.

IIRC she has a 2 hit CB already... Anyway I think it's fair since timing is strict and CB isn't guaranteed. Currently her sabaki is useless, you might as well just counter or do 2H+K mixup

Omegan Eckhart

IIRC she has a 2 hit CB already... Anyway I think it's fair since timing is strict and CB isn't guaranteed. Currently her sabaki is useless, you might as well just counter or do 2H+K mixup

I guess a one hit CB isn't that bad seeing as the damage off of it won't be that high. I do wonder if CB's are easier to attain for everyone now, need more footage.

FlamingMuffin

Her 2-hit CB (236T/Heichu throws >> P+K) can be held out of unfortunately. I've always felt her 7P was kinda useless for a sabaki, as like you said, why not just crush? Moar CBs for everyone!

Omegan Eckhart

Her 2-hit CB (236T/Heichu throws >> P+K) can be held out of unfortunately. I've always felt her 7P was kinda useless for a sabaki, as like you said, why not just crush? Moar CBs for everyone!

Well hopefully this set up won't be gimmicky. I'm not 100% on the inclusion of one hit CB's being added but if it is in they might as well make it work properly.

Still waiting to see if Kokoro gets a stand alone mid or low tracking move. As long as it's not 2F+K I don't mind.

Belinea

Well hopefully this set up won't be gimmicky. I'm not 100% on the inclusion of one hit CB's being added but if it is in they might as well make it work properly.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Eliot has always been able to CB after his sabaki, and well, we all know where that character ranks.

Tenryuga

Nice to see a new sitdown stun for hitomi. Hopefully it accomplishes something. Seeing all returning chars get new stuff kind of irks me though because Ein thus far is copy paste. I want to see some of his new shit.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD