Some short new DOA5U videos

Aion

I'm assuming everyone's seen the new batch of short videos TecmoKoeiAmerica uploaded to their youtube channel yesterday right?

Blazeincarnated

Do you have russian on ignore? Or did you not look at who I quoted? =P

I was asking russian where chin said that. I'd assume twitter but I can't be bothered to look.

From Chin, an e-mail he sent to the team:
BP3loEiCEAMQyRy.jpg

Derga

Who's this Chin guy? Someone of relevance, or just some joe shmoe?

Edit: Never mind, I found out. *sigh*

crapoZK

Standard Donor
That's what happened. If you look on twitter, the only ones posting gameplay things are grap3, someone called _vituatec_, a few tweets by Raansu and me. I literally had to scroll through about 50+ posts about hairstyles and bikinis the other day. A pretty sad thing.

Then we all overrun them with gameplay improvements.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
That's what happened. If you look on twitter, the only ones posting gameplay things are grap3, someone called _vituatec_, a few tweets by Raansu and me. I literally had to scroll through about 50+ posts about hairstyles and bikinis the other day. A pretty sad thing.
Let's bombard Team Ninja's Twitter with "Bass's beard isn't full enough!"

P1naatt1ke1tt0

I've seen some people complain that the power launcher is useless as you can do a powerblow and get as much damage without risk of dropping a juggle. TN said that PL will do more damage. I think that video proves it. Including the launcher and juggle Bass seems to clear about 33% life. Assuming 300 health, that's 100. Power blow does 80 damage, profit 20 more damage.

Raansu

I've seen some people complain that the power launcher is useless as you can do a powerblow and get as much damage without risk of dropping a juggle. TN said that PL will do more damage. I think that video proves it. Including the launcher and juggle Bass seems to clear about 33% life. Assuming 300 health, that's 100. Power blow does 80 damage, profit 20 more damage.

Will the juggle throw them into a danger zone? A wall? What about the chopper on the warzone stage or the clown cannon? The falling machine on the lab stage.

Typically speaking, a PB is almost certain to get one of those. A PL could risk being cut short thanks to a wall or you would have to sacrifice damage to avoid hitting the wall early.

the only use I see out of a PL is on ceiling stages.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Will the juggle throw them into a danger zone? A wall? What about the chopper on the warzone stage or the clown cannon? The falling machine on the lab stage.

Typically speaking, a PB is almost certain to get one of those. A PL could risk being cut short thanks to a wall or you would have to sacrifice damage to avoid hitting the wall early.

the only use I see out of a PL is on ceiling stages.

I'm a Hitomi player, as are you. Her juggle enders typically give a nice knock back into a wall (110 damage?) and they also don't cause an early wall hit (like Hayate's damned 6P+KK). I'm sure great PL juggles can be found for other characters as well and they will net more damage than PBs despite of walls.

EDIT: danger zones are a different story, and we'll just have to test the options in different stages to see which option nets most damage. I think this is great, as players will have to mind the environmental, situational factors even more closely than now to get the best results. More skill involved in DOA, at least in this.

Raansu

I just don't see it. Too many possible variables and unless they change how damage revision works during a PL juggle I can't see the difference between the two to be that big and chances are PB's will still do more damage on most of the stages. We'll see when the game comes out, but I just don't have that kind of faith in TN to do anything correctly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD