Soul Calibur Thread

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Oh, goodie. A Tekken Swords thread. Though I ignored the series at first because of my interest in the original Bushido Blade and SamSho, Tekken Swords 3 (SC2) reeled me in, if only because of the GC version and Link. Little did I know my girlfriend at the time really liked this game and played Cassandra a lot, so I gave it more of a chance. Had it not been for her, I'd probably have focused solely on VF4 Evolution the rest of '03.

But enough rambling about fond memories. I sure hope that Lost Swords game is nothing less than an answer to Tekken Tag Tournament... 'cause it kinda really needs to be. Viola's cool and all, and Leixia made me curious about playing a "cute" female character, but I'd really like Cassandra to come back. An ageless Freiza Valentine does not cut the mustard for me.

synce

I'd much rather they fixed SC5 instead of going back to SC2 lol It'll be nice to see Taki again though

Ghosty-J

Back in the days when Kilik wasn't a freaking Edgemaster and had his own movelist. Yes. I need this in my life.
Kilik. Maxi. Xianghua........... Welcome back T-T

SilverForte

I gotta say, I'll be happy to use Cassandra again, and this is the only game where Talim and Seung Mina weren't complete and utter trash. Plus coolest nightmare. I hope necrid is still in, for my brothers sake.

BLAZE

I gotta say, I'll be happy to use Cassandra again, and this is the only game where Talim and Seung Mina weren't complete and utter trash. Plus coolest nightmare. I hope necrid is still in, for my brothers sake.
Wait why wouldn't necrid be in this version?

Codemaster92163

If they give me back my timer based IFP for Yoshi and his Meditation Stance, I'm all for a new SC. Can't say I care much for invincibility-frames-random-wake-up-supers though. Not the greatest addition to the game.

I'd much prefer a SCIV Super edition or something like that, with vastly improved netcode, a few changes to the moves, but everything else left in tact.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
People talk about step-g like it was a bad thing, but I'm telling you right now that SC2 is a far higher level game than SC 3 4 or 5 ever was. Way faster too.

SC2 was more akin to a physical sport with the speed you had to deal with. In SCV they were almost back to returning the series to that glory, but when Daishi decided to make movement unsafe as all hell in the patch you pretty much had to throw that out the window entirely and just guess.

There is nothing wrong with a 5-move-game. It means you have 5 moves that are clearly really fucking good, which is roughly 4 more moves than the average fighting game character gets anymore. The reason SC2 was so accessible is because its easy for anyone to pick up a character and learn their 5 best moves, and when to use them.

Yes, it was simple, but so what? It was fun, it worked, the pacing was unmatched and damn near anyone could play the game.

MajesticBlue

Wouldn't Step G pretty much be the same idea as a SS cancel in Tekken? I freaking hated how you couldn't cancel any of the movement in SCV. Why should I have to commit to back dash or step? I think its silly. Very much looking forward to this this SCII HD. I don't like all these comeback mechanics and extra flash so this should be really fun.

Yes I really hope this gives Team Ninja ideas about bringing one of the old games back with online. Would be beyond ten kinds of awesome.

d3v

Wouldn't Step G pretty much be the same idea as a SS cancel in Tekken? I freaking hated how you couldn't cancel any of the movement in SCV. Why should I have to commit to back dash or step? I think its silly. Very much looking forward to this this SCII HD. I don't like all these comeback mechanics and extra flash so this should be really fun.

Yes I really hope this gives Team Ninja ideas about bringing one of the old games back with online. Would be beyond ten kinds of awesome.
Step G just makes it so that sidestepping is the best form of defense in SCII since it negates both high and mid attacks.

Combine that with many safe attacks and you have the reason why, at least among those who really broke the game down at high levels, SCII has a reputation of being a low risk game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD