Soul Calibur Thread

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Step G just makes it so that sidestepping is the best form of defense in SCII since it negates both high and mid attacks.

Combine that with many safe attacks and you have the reason why, at least among those who really broke the game down at high levels, SCII has a reputation of being a low risk game.

Low risk game with really good attacks. Good times.

MajesticBlue

It sounds like the game is the game the older Doa players want when they say they want more tools, safe attacks and frame advantage. This is our chance really. Even though it isn't Doa if the game has the elements you want or like then support it. I wanna give this a chance and learn some tournament level Soul Calibur. I just hope it doesn't die in a week. Hope it makes it into the tournament circuit.

BLAZE

It sounds like the game is the game the older Doa players want when they say they want more tools, safe attacks and frame advantage. This is our chance really. Even though it isn't Doa if the game has the elements you want or like then support it. I wanna give this a chance and learn some tournament level Soul Calibur. I just hope it doesn't die in a week. Hope it makes it into the tournament circuit.

I don't think it will die in a week since its everyone's favorite out of the series.

Zeo

I personally like V more, but II is probably my 2nd favorite.

Wow somebody who's favorite SC is V. What a rare breed. Looks like I'll still be playing DOA also.

I main Yunsung and Hwan-... *cough* ASSASSIN. So I'll be playing DOA and SCII back to back.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I personally like V more, but II is probably my 2nd favorite.

5 pre-patch had the potential to truly overcome 2. It had good safe movement, functional meter mechanics, very dangerous tools and the ability to punish someone for turtling too much with guard breaks.

But the patch killed half of that. Without the safe movement, everything became a do-or-die gamble. Guard breaks were pretty unnecessary at that point, and several characters got nerfed into oblivion. The worst part is that despite the fact that it was clearly what killed the tournament scene, the upper echelon of the SCV community still believes the patch is the best thing to happen to the game.

Swear to god that community is retarded at times.

ScattereDreams

Man, if this game uses TTT2 netcode which I know it will, the online is going to be so lively and amazing. I still have my SC:II for xbox original. The game is just purely amazing. Fast pace, soul charge, everyone had unique/usuable stances, safes, mix ups.. I could go on and on. I can't wait for this come out. Fall is going to be amazing. DOA5U, BBCP, and Soul Calibur II HD online.

synce

I think Rikuto nailed it... I tried my best to get over the stupid timeskip nonsense and what they did to Hilde but the patch pushed me over the edge. Same thing happened with DOA5's 1.03, these days I only play either game if someone's over and asks to

SilverForte

Honestly the patch didn't bother me really, aside from nerfing a few characters who didn't need to be nerfed and buffing viola to god tier. The characters I play(sword and shield characters) really benefited from the backstep nerf, especially Patroklos.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Man, if this game uses TTT2 netcode which I know it will, the online is going to be so lively and amazing. I still have my SC:II for xbox original. The game is just purely amazing. Fast pace, soul charge, everyone had unique/usuable stances, safes, mix ups.. I could go on and on. I can't wait for this come out. Fall is going to be amazing. DOA5U, BBCP, and Soul Calibur II HD online.
Looks like we'll both be well prepared, because i have the original SCII as well.

Zeo

I have SCII on Xbox as well. Looks like I'll have to work harder than everyone else, I'll make sure to get my training in as well. Everyone has so much faith in the netcode because it's namco. Not to be off topic but I'm really hoping 5U's netcode doesn't disappoint in this day and age. And for that matter, hoping SCII HD netcode doesn't throw us a curveball and disappoint. Less worried about the latter though.

Adamleelight

Same person or not.

The Amy I know isn't in the game, sure Viola has some of Amy's moves but I don't like her play style. Amy was awesome as shit, had crazy stuns and fast ass stabs I loved her style. Shame they scrapped her ass along with the other good people like Kilik Yung seong and Talim also swapping Natsu for Taki was Retarded.

I don't care how they do it but they better bring back the original people in the next game cuz no one give two fucks about these posers.

Then they add 3 edge masters and to add insult to injury Kilik has suddenly followed his masters teaching and become a edge master or some shit. Yeah..
You+are+a+female+who+has+posted+a+picture+of+_e4402e0f276e53b8558f249714d3d633.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD