Soul Calibur Thread

Radiance

Lol, I'm sorry. XD
I'm sure Tekken 7 is like every Tekken a perfectly solid to really good game...but in the graphics department it just sucks. It always sucked and continues to suck.
I also don't understand how that is even possible. You have just two characters on screen in an enclosed arena, that isn't very interactive most of the time and yet the game, especially the characters models, looks so mediocre. (The most beautiful videos and screens you have seen so far are from the PC version by the way, the console version doesn't look nearly as polished. You can expect a Street Fighter V PC to PS4 surprise downgrade. Both games use the UE4.)
Have you both seen Final fantasy XV? A huge, open world game. There are up to 5 character models with you on screen, beautifully modelled, textured and animated, additionally to a dozen equally beautifully rendered enemy models, some as tall as skyscrapers, and yet it all looks so much better than the very limited Tekken 7.
A fighting game like Tekken should look absolutely amazing...and I think at least (if it ever comes out) Soul Calibur 6 will. :)

Well to be fair, if you're going off youtube videos Tekken 7 does look like shit, but personally having hands on time with the game in the arcade I can vouch to say the game looks much better in person than online. Comparing an open world game like FFXV to a fighting game like tekken is kinda... meh. Good graphics are fine, but for a fighting game they imo don't mean much. I mean DOA5 is still one of the most beautiful 3D fighters, but Tekken and Soul Calibur have always been more popular. The character models could be better in Tekken, but no one will hate the game for it. KOFXIV is another example, shitty graphics yet people still love it. Why? Because it's fundamentally a great fighting game so the players look past graphics

Uberprinny

GUH!So...AL...5! ....Char..teR ....Ator....Nigh....Fuel! Mayday! Mayday!....Pe..polE...Dirty Minded....eRverTsssssss! NOOOOO!
Gyehhehehehhehehehehhee! >.<

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
GUH!So...AL...5! ....Char..teR ....Ator....Nigh....Fuel! Mayday! Mayday!....Pe..polE...Dirty Minded....eRverTsssssss! NOOOOO!
Translation: :Soul Calibur 5! Character Creator Nightmare Fuel! Mayday! Mayday! People Dirty Minded Perverts! NOOOOO!

I'm not like that tho, I'm pretty reserved with my creations, I make them look like your traditional Japanese male and female and design their outfits with care and practicality.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

CAS mode: The mode were CAS fans are obsessed with creating fake penises out of shapes and creating ugly ass justin bieber designs :)
that's why i want custom mode in doa6 also i want to see bass bodytypes with like kasumi's fighting style and vice versa

i liked soul calibur 4's CAS but it was so hard about what spells and that you wanted aND THE POINTS LIMIT I REALLY WANTED NULL RING OUT A FOR ALL MY SOULS

Aven Kujo-Gin

When you have to choose but there's no good choice at all.
67363553.jpg

Nyte

I'm still waiting for SCVI. I'm dying to know what they're going to do, and what Taki is going to look like on current-gen.

Nyte

Sorry about the double post, but I figured I'd ask something.

How do you guys want the next SC to be in terms of story and setting? Something to keep in mind is that Daishi was the one responsible for the 17 year time skip, and he left in 2013. Since then, it's clear that SC likely isn't going to follow the direction that Daishi wanted the series to go. I've thought about how they could undo time skip using time travel (as the opening passage in LS hinted at), but what would you like to see overall?

I was thinking they could do a time skip from where SCIV left off, but a much smaller one. Say two years, maybe three. This would allow a natural progression and would move the story forward while keeping the characters intact. A 31-year-old Taki wouldn't be different from a 29-year-old Taki, but Talim would look visibly older, which I'm sure some would appreciate. While the roster will primarily consist of old characters, I can see some SCV newcomers being a holdout. Pyrrha I think is likely to return, if only because she's an Alexandra girl (who Hoshino wants to promote). So maybe they could have her travel back in time. They could reintroduce Z.W.E.I. from a new starting point as well. This way we could just sidestep SCV focus on the current setting.

It's interesting to think about where there going to go. What are your thoughts?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Sorry about the double post, but I figured I'd ask something.

How do you guys want the next SC to be in terms of story and setting? Something to keep in mind is that Daishi was the one responsible for the 17 year time skip, and he left in 2013. Since then, it's clear that SC likely isn't going to follow the direction that Daishi wanted the series to go. I've thought about how they could undo time skip using time travel (as the opening passage in LS hinted at), but what would you like to see overall?

I was thinking they could do a time skip from where SCIV left off, but a much smaller one. Say two years, maybe three. This would allow a natural progression and would move the story forward while keeping the characters intact. A 31-year-old Taki wouldn't be different from a 29-year-old Taki, but Talim would look visibly older, which I'm sure some would appreciate. While the roster will primarily consist of old characters, I can see some SCV newcomers being a holdout. Pyrrha I think is likely to return, if only because she's an Alexandra girl (who Hoshino wants to promote). So maybe they could have her travel back in time. They could reintroduce Z.W.E.I. from a new starting point as well. This way we could just sidestep SCV focus on the current setting.

It's interesting to think about where there going to go. What are your thoughts?
I want the game to be like SC3 in terms of content...I want the male babyface back as well as all those items and minigames! I would want a reboot of the first four games where plots and the story mode are much more branched out and I want all characters from SC4 included.

They also need to improve CAS body sliders and add butt physics, and all bonus character sc4 equipment needs to be added for create a souls, I want Shura's ponytail and Angol Fear's high heel boots. I would also want the story to kind of be like SC3's where you choose which path you want your character to journey on with the possibility of an alternative boss, a chance to go into the labyrinths, and a chance to encounter the thieves, fuma ninjas, berserkers, bandits, unknown souls, and other miscellaneous enemies you can encounter through fulfilling certain conditions.

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Story-wise, I think SCVI will probably take place between SCIV and SCV. It would be cool to see a tag mode in the game (after seeing those SCIV tag combo videos that some people made and posted on 8WayRun).

New and returning modes
- Tag mode: The only reason I mentioned this because of the tag combo videos in SCIV that people have posted on 8WayRun. It would be fun to have this. Do you think they should limit the tag-ins/outs like they did in SCIV? Share your thoughts.
Here's a video about that I'm referring to.

- Weapon master: If you've played SCII then there is no explanation needed. It was a fun way to unlock weapons and stuff.

- Chronicles of the Sword: Never played SCIII so there isn't much I can say about this mode. I'm sure some people would love to have it back though.

CAS, CAS, and nothing but CAAAAAAAAAS
You and that CAS mode. Project Soul might as well just made a website called buildabitch.com xD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Story-wise, I think SCVI will probably take place between SCIV and SCV. It would be cool to see a tag mode in the game (after seeing those SCIV tag combo videos that some people made and posted on 8WayRun).

New and returning modes
- Tag mode: The only reason I mentioned this because of the tag combo videos in SCIV that people have posted on 8WayRun. It would be fun to have this. Do you think they should limit the tag-ins/outs like they did in SCIV? Share your thoughts.
Here's a video about that I'm referring to.

- Weapon master: If you've played SCII then there is no explanation needed. It was a fun way to unlock weapons and stuff.

- Chronicles of the Sword: Never played SCIII so there isn't much I can say about this mode. I'm sure some people would love to have it back though.

You and that CAS mode. Project Soul might as well just made a website called buildabitch.com xD
Look, I love Cas XD I spent hours in there just making different outfits for my Cas, I think her name is Mio. XD She's who I used in place of Pyrrha most of the time in SC5.

Yeah chronicles of the sword needs to come back, I played through it thrice because it was so fun. XD Ende and Strife were cunts to beat tho, but I found an exploit with Luna. Weapon Master was the shit too, Seung Mina and Sophitia made that mode to easy! And I loved the bonus chapters and locations.

Last edited:

Nyte

Just a little longer guys. All we need is Tekken 7 to release and we'll finally get SCVI news.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope it'll be multiplatform, I'd melt if it was announced for Xbox one and made exclusive for that system. -_- If it's PS4 exclusive I'll be happy it's basically mine but I'll also feel bad for those who don't own a PS4 and will have to get it just for this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD