Southern Players

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Last time I checked they moved to Hixson. They were doing Mortal Kombat Street Fighters & Tekken tournaments but not enough people were into DOA, but the ones who weren't are the ones who used the "titty fighter" method on me as an excuse.

GhabStopR

but the ones who weren't are the ones who used the "titty fighter" method on me as an excuse.

lol, I'm pretty sure that's the exact same reaction that I got when vanilla DOA5 came out and I asked if anyone would be interested in trying it.

I'd like to go down there and play some games again cause there were a lot of cool people there, but I just didn't and still don't have any interest in most of the main games that were in rotation when I went; SFIVAE, SFxT, and Mahvel. Those game just really aren't my cup of tea.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Yeah that's a 5 year old excuse as to why you don't play the game. lol.. I can see if you told me that you didn't like how the mechanics worked or you didn't like guessing in the game or something. That's 1 thing. I'll check tomorrow after my science lab class to make sure we good to go. All we have to do is tell them that we're wanting to play & bring in the game & some controllers & we're good. But yeah @Desjah Rei @NinjaRayMan @Vandy I meant to tell you all this too: my real name is Justin Delaney Earvin. Well Wotman X, you probably know already lol...

Desjah Rei

Thanks man, happy to know there's someone else nearby with some interest in the game. I'm still pretty new to the series though, this will be the first one that I've actually sat down and seriously learned. It's pretty foreign to me atm, but I'm still really digging it.
Yo, nice to meetcha! Like JDE said, I am nearby! Feel free to hit me up on PSN as BladerRD or here for some matches or anything. Hell, I'd love to spar or set something up whenever possible man. :)

GhabStopR

Yeah that's a 5 year old excuse as to why you don't play the game. lol.. I can see if you told me that you didn't like how the mechanics worked or you didn't like guessing in the game or something. That's 1 thing. I'll check tomorrow after my science lab class to make sure we good to go. All we have to do is tell them that we're wanting to play & bring in the game & some controllers & we're good. But yeah @Desjah Rei @NinjaRayMan @Vandy I meant to tell you all this too: my real name is Justin Delaney Earvin. Well Wotman X, you probably know already lol...

What nights are they doing fight nights on? I remember it was Friday back in the day. I'll be tied up tomorrow sadly. I'd still be down if they were to do something on Sat/Sun though, weekends are about the only time I can make it down to Chatt for the most part due to my work schedule. I've got to get up at 4am throughout the week, so needless to say, I try to get to bed fairly early throughout the week.

Yo, nice to meetcha! Like JDE said, I am nearby! Feel free to hit me up on PSN as BladerRD or here for some matches or anything. Hell, I'd love to spar or set something up whenever possible man. :)

Sounds good to me, I'll add you next time I get on PSN!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
What nights are they doing fight nights on? I remember it was Friday back in the day. I'll be tied up tomorrow sadly. I'd still be down if they were to do something on Sat/Sun though, weekends are about the only time I can make it down to Chatt for the most part due to my work schedule. I've got to get up at 4am throughout the week, so needless to say, I try to get to bed fairly early throughout the week.

Sounds good to me, I'll add you next time I get on PSN!

Yeah I won't be able to do anything yet, either. I'll be busy. It'll have to be on the weekends too. Monday-Friday I have college courses. I'm free after 1:00 every Friday atm, so I understand. I'll have to check. They're usually open on Friday-Sunday over the weekends when they were downtown.

Last edited by a moderator:

GhabStopR

Cool, I'll try to holler at one of my friends that might know more about the new location, I still don't really know exactly where it's at.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Guys, @Vandy has announced that registration for KiT has opened (already registered). If you're more of a PS3 player, you may want to invest into a converter since it's on 360. I'll bring extra controllers even to PS3 if anybody needs it. Come out if you can & see you there: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/jan-24-2014-kumite-in-tennessee-2014-murfreesboro-tn.3076/

Edit: Absolute Battle is supposed to be announced, but right now I haven't got any word on it other than it's supposed to be in November.

Desjah Rei

I have got to set up a local meeting with some of you. Hit me up at anytime! I'm itching for some offline local matches!!! :)

GhabStopR

ggs @JDE tonight. I would have liked to have stayed around a bit longer for some more matches, but 4am comes quicker than I'd like it to, lol. As you can tell though, I've got A LOT of stuff that needs some work, I'm still pretty shaky atm.

I'd like to make it out to KiT next year if my schedule will allow.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Good games, my dude. Don't worry. I kept dropping a few juggles I'm working on with my main. Just my muscle memory from vanilla keeps getting in the way haha lol

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ok. @Bushido, @GhabStopR @NinjaRayMan @Desjah Rei, we can try to set some things up in between October & December for gatherings. There are some other players that may be down for casuals too (like @R4712-VR88 & @RhythmikDesigns etc, considering the GA scene is also part of our scene too since it's a close by state but we HAVE to be fair about one another's location & situation, which isn't a problem for me, but since we're pretty much the only active TN players on the map atm, we can get it going. So talk to me & let me know something. I also need a travel partner for when we can go to majors outside like Absolute Battle, NEC, EVO, Final Round, etc. Those are just examples.

EDIT: I forgot @Vandy. I know that he also organizes tourneys too... My bad.

Desjah Rei

Sounds like a plan to me. Like I said, here's one of the spots that I know of. I don't know how convenient it will be for some of those out of state, but please let me know. http://gamegalaxyarcade.com/ Located at 5346 Hickory Hollow Pkwy Antioch, TN 37013

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
@Desjah Rei , cool. We in there (all of us)! :)The other spot I'm still trying to get to is out Hixson at Iron Labs. I just have to go & see about them. If not, then I'll see if US Play will let us have a spot or I can find a building in our are too, @GhabStopR for whenever we can't always make over to Nashville & then others can come to us.

R4712-VR88

I'm down for this Game Galaxy Arcade place.

EDIT: I'm down for anywhere around the area of Nashville, Murfreesboro or Chattanooga. I'm about an hour and a half from all that. Throw me up a place and date and I'll be there as long as I'm off that day or weekend.

Bushido

Near Hickory Hollow, I'm down. Don't know if I can make it to Chattanooga, y'know, being young and all.

GhabStopR

I'd be down for a get together sometime for sure, Sat and Sun being the safest bets. Some Fridays work, but I can never be 100% certain until Thursday evening due to the nature of my work. Just keep us posted, I'd like to see what we could get going.

Oh, I'm slightly dabbling around with Zack a little bit now, he seems pretty fun so far.

EDIT: Okay, maybe he's not so great after all, or maybe I just seem to be completely terrible no matter who I pick. I'm on the verge of dropping this game...

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD