Community "Stealing Your Tech" series.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
That's why I said "rule of thumb" it's an easy way to get rough answer in reality though it's something you learn from experiance of using those moves. you can't say for sure what will work because there are numerous factors that go into it including "deer in the headlights" moments where attacks are extremely slow and reachable yet the opponent becomes to worried about getting hit by it to do anything but block.

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
Well this conversation really degenerated. So whats the call to action? Do you want us to put together some videos explaining our tech? What if we just wanted to do some write ups based on replays they downloaded, explaining what went well in the match. I want to help out but realistically I barely have enough time to play the game let alone make edited videos with detailed explanations, much respect to the people who put that stuff together. The kinda stuff master's been doing has been great, although I don't always appreciate some of the lobby players trying to coppy-cat his set ups...

I'd like to help other players learn, but i'd like to do it in a context that's more about exploring the game for yourself. It's very important to know your frames and what your good setups are don't get me wrong, but I think players who focus too strongly on their setup game can miss some of the other factors that play a large role in DOA such as spacing, pressure, telegraphing, and of course reading/player archetype recognition.

I'd love to do a video or write-up explaining telegraphing and why some moves might be good on paper but aren't or vice versa, i think its something that often goes overlooked, let me know what you think.
I will definitely let you know whats up with thw whole thing... I'm still planning out how I'm going to do this. But I am setting up tournament brackets later today, and doing double elimination.

I think I'll go ahead and do 32 man brackets. I might be biting off more than I can chew, but I'll see.

But yeah, I'll be gathering up all the players of a specific character, and even giving tips that arent character specific in order to play the game. Like I said, I want to take natural stones and polish them into fine gems.

Intelligent Alpha

That's why I said "rule of thumb" it's an easy way to get rough answer in reality though it's something you learn from experiance of using those moves. you can't say for sure what will work because there are numerous factors that go into it including "deer in the headlights" moments where attacks are extremely slow and reachable yet the opponent becomes to worried about getting hit by it to do anything but block.

Yeah, not everything you try will work! I know you mean! Sometimes you want that "deer in the headlights" look though, then again, maybe not because the der could turn to on you, too!

I would suggest to him to play slow - it's opens up so many possibilities. To fail, yes, but only if he thinks he'll fail. However, I'm sure what we suggest will work in some capacity at some point. If it weren't for you initially, I'd never thought to throw-punish!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
To everyone in here that this applies to, listen carefully: shut the fuck up. My guess is DoaN front paged this because he saw value in it being seen by more people. Might have even been Mr. Wah. It's not a popularity contest. I wouldn't have front paged it without editing it first but I also would have without caring who made the initial post. Awesmic, you've been pulling this emo shit for years. Consider this a formal warning to stop what amounts to trolling and purposefully hijacking threads.

Last edited:

Otsu

I'd like to contribute some Tina tech, primary being her taunt launcher and set ups, but still very useful so we don't have 4T Tina players everywhere.

lotr9690

Well, If you're a no body like me and get on the front page because you want to contribute to the community in order to polish regular stones into fine gems; then anything is possible regardless of skill level.

Buddy!!!! So this is what you've been working on, you genius rascal, you!

I can give tips on Helena, everything Helena. I know a lot of people have trouble fighting her and she can be frustrating. I can also help players who want to better their Helena; and hopefully someone can help improve mine :)
I can also help with setups for Lei Fang, Bayman and Marie Rose.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Cleaned the thread up slightly. Left the posts that were actually berating Awesmic so he'd have a real reason to be emo for a while. Those will likely disappear once my mood improves a bit. I may simply move the posts to an unviewable portion of the forum so that people don't lose the Likes they earned.

Carry on. This has promise.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You know that's just an assumption. If anyone else forged an thought or idea for the community, they would be front paged as well. Its not just me doing this... its the community as well... You could help too, if you would stop making yourself look ridiculous. I could care less about who likes me or not. If you like me... Cool beans. If not, I'm not going to sit up here and whine 24/7 because the "cool kids" dont like me. Use your brain Awesmic. If you have anything to say, keep it out this thread please... or talk to me personally.
This is me being extremely nice.
After that talk we had and a needed cooldown from the forum,.you've convinced me to try.

Let me know how soon you're getting started on that series.

Brute

Standard Donor
Cleaned the thread up slightly. Left the posts that were actually berating Awesmic so he'd have a real reason to be emo for a while. Those will likely disappear once my mood improves a bit. I may simply move the posts to an unviewable portion of the forum so that people don't lose the Likes they earned.
I just deleted all of those posts as well and cleaned up the thread to stay on topic.
Obviously the primary objective was to prevent anyone from reaching my like count, which is totally plausible at this point. But also leaving flame messages in a thread only serves to bait troublemakers into reviving the nonsense and since this thread has potential for legitimate progress, I'd like to bury that under a permanent layer of cement.

In other news, this project looks like it has potential! It might help for you to set some guidelines for the basics that will be covered by each character (ie: include their fastest poke speeds, punish throw, 12f throw, defensive options, basic weight class, etc.). I feel like that would make it easier for players to develop a context of how the characters interact with each other and what their relative strengths and weaknesses are.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD