Summer Jam 2021 News & Bracket

BigE's Summer Jam 2021 is taking place next weekend at Cherry Hill, New Jersey and will be the first major to host Dead or Alive 6 in nearly two years thanks to the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic keeping almost everyone at home. This is the first small step to coming back together as a community; this first opportunity in months. We have suffered from offline tournaments long enough, and now it's time to go back to showcasing our game with high level play and spectacular matches from some of the best players in the entire world.

Will Hoodless be at this event? YES! The Dead or Alive 6 World Champion is known to make his mark at nearly every possible offline event. Which character(s) will he pick this time? He does have a stunning arsenal to choose from doesn't he? More than likely he will stick to his guns: Zack & his elusive Rig whom can not be matched in Dead or Alive 5 or Dead or Alive 6. He has taken Rig to new heights and he will without doubt be a fan favorite at this tournament.

While Hoodless is the champion and holds the record for the most Rig tournament wins... one can simply not forget to mention Jager. His combos and out of this world reads will leave you in a trance. His win record is highly impressive winning Winter Brawl 3D back to back and also winning the last tournament held for Dead or Alive 6 at the Reversal. You can't help but root for this player because his matches are always so close and he has been providing the community with clutch offline tournament moments for years.

Bass will also be showing up to Summer Jam, and his Bass is one of the best Bass if not that the greatest Bass of all time. Matt Ponton is a serious threat to every high level player out there as his strategic value shines with HC throws, move timing and crushing holds. It's always a delight to watch Ponton perform as he executes his opponents like Bret Hart and brings variety with a mesmerizing heavy-weight character.

There are other threats that will be reporting for duty as well such as: Shinlad, Air Gear, Blank October, FSD's Nichol & Admiral Dumbass... this tournament will truly be one for the record books! Dead or Alive 6 will be running on PC complements of Matt Ponton, and we will provide the stream and results here at FSD next weekend! Please enjoy to all those spectating and good luck to every single one of the competitors! You can view the complete roster and bracket at the official Smash.GG for Summer Jam 2021!

The banner art is provided by video game photographer Kasumi Lover.

Last edited:
You know the pandemic's not over, right? Why is everyone pretending it's over? This is irresponsible. If one person gets sick or dies, I will personally guilt the organizers until they take their own lives.

You know the pandemic's not over, right? Why is everyone pretending it's over? This is irresponsible. If one person gets sick or dies, I will personally guilt the organizers until they take their own lives.

At the end of the day people will do what they want. Nobody is forced to stay home. You shouldn’t threaten others - that isn’t you. Sort of behavior results in nothing being accomplished and it’s not tolerated here.

Personally I understand where your first two questions come from, but live wrestling crowds and events produce bigger numbers than this and they haven’t been shut down.

Does that make it better? Not really but you can’t tell one person to do one thing and tell someone else to do something different.

Girl it's a no for me. Not in the middle of a panorama - Can they even validate that the people going are vaccinated? Delta is going strong and taking lives. Only a fool...

If they can host EVO Online and events for Soul Calibur/Tekken then surely SJ can run online. These events in the middle of a pandemic are just selfish, shows people don't care, and have learned nothing these past 1-2 years.

Girl it's a no for me. Not in the middle of a panorama - Can they even validate that the people going are vaccinated? Delta is going strong and taking lives. Only a fool...

If they can host EVO Online and events for Soul Calibur/Tekken then surely SJ can run online. These events in the middle of a pandemic are just selfish, shows people don't care, and have learned nothing these past 1-2 years.

WWE held 51,000 for Summerslam... a lot more than 700 showing up to Summer Jam.

The answer is no. They can't validate vaccinated people - that should be against the law. Especially when the vaccine itself has been known to have terrible effects on a wide-range of people and was just recently passed by the FDA (which I think was done to remove the argument from anti-vaccine individuals). Not to mention people still get COVID after being vaccinated - so why put that pressure on people?

Point being - if you want to stay home that is your prerogative. Other people choose to live their lives accordingly. You're responsible for making decisions for yourself and that's it.

WWE held 51,000 for Summerslam... a lot more than 700 showing up to Summer Jam.

And that's a damn shame. I don't really get the point of that comment. All you're telling me is that we have irresponsible people showing up events in the middle of a pandemic. U.S is the laughing stock during the pandemic for a reason, but I won't get political here, it's clearly going over your head.

people still get COVID after being vaccinated

Yes, vaccine doesn't make you immune to symptoms of the flu, but it gives you a 97+% fighting chance to not die from the virus, and has shown that recovery times are faster for those with the vaccine than those without. However, you can still carry the virus even if you're vaccinated, and more importantly, spread the virus. That's why things like social distancing and contamination prevention should be done, but the responsibility is on the individual to adhere to.

These events in the middle of a pandemic are just selfish, shows people don't care, and have learned nothing these past 1-2 years.

No one is in any obligation to attend the event, and there have been people who've bowed out of attending once the delta variant started spiking. The event was announced well after vaccinations were readily available, and there are obviously people who are willing to take the risks. As stated on the sign up page:

We have taken enhanced health and safety measures for all attendees and staff.

Any inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.

By attending Summer Jam 2021 or any Big E Gaming event for the year 2021, you voluntarily assume all risks related to potential exposure to COVID-19. We value all attendees’ safety and well-being. Attendees should not come to events if they are feeling sick, have a fever or have been in contact with anyone who is covid positive. Please stay home! Fully Vaccinated Attendees – masks are optional.

And that's a damn shame. I don't really get the point of that comment. All you're telling me is that we have irresponsible people showing up events in the middle of a pandemic. U.S is the laughing stock during the pandemic for a reason, but I won't get political here, it's clearly going over your head.

The only thing over my head is promoting/liking a comment that brings ill-will towards others.

I see both sides. Some people - especially older people need the vaccine. I see no point in taking the risk for myself. I’ve had COVID twice and it didn’t bug me like it did others. Mainly had fatigue and the second time I had cough.

I have practiced safe distancing, and I promote it, but if I’m going to get it I’m going to get it. I see no point in risking my life taking a vaccine that hasn’t been out long enough for me to trust when COVID hasn’t thrown killing blows at me.

The mask people are terrible (you know who I’m talking about) and they walk this planet acting like they are the god damn police. I know several people personally and have spoken to many people through my career that now have severe conditions because of the vaccine and wished they never took it.

President Biden (the man I voted for) said that we are essentially killing people and spreading misinformation when in fact we have over-analyzed and thought it through as adults - making decisions for ourselves.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD