Super Smash Bros. Thread

David Gregg

Those Amiibo toys are really beautiful replica! I would like to collect them even without owning the game for using them XD

They look even better on the E3 vid:
I'm not really a figure collector myself but if they made a Marth amiibo I'd buy it in a second. XD

Some early impressions of the new characters based off opinions I've heard during gameplay vids:
Little Mac - sounds pretty lethal especially his K.O. punch. He has no aerials or recovery but he more than compensates as long as you can keep him on the ground.
Palutena - very reminiscent of Mewtwo I guess and is significantly better than him. They're saying she has a lot of potential. Her wall is a great way to deal with projectiles and her up smash is getting a lot of talk given it's range and damage.
Villager - a lot of camping involved. The tree and gyroid shenanigans are what I hear them talk the most about.
Rosalina - not a whole lot of high level play yet for her. As long as you've got luma though you can have really good spacing with smashes since the star does the same action as you. Her throws are really sh*tty.

That's all I've got for now. Anyone else hear anything?

Last edited:

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
As for the ruleset, I believe TOs are trying to go for 2 stock, 5 minutes for the 3DS version. That is the same rules on For Glory mode.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Sometimes, there would be a third player used as a timer. The third player uses Jigglypuff as a timer so that the other two players would fight. (1st stock falls off stage, 2nd stock guard's break, resulting in self-destruct). You could say that Jigglypuff is a cyber-referee.

As for the Wii U version, they might think about going the traditional 4 stock, 8 minutes.

David Gregg

3DS XL SSB Limited Editions Red and Blue. Now that's what I call sexy. ;)
2c26c8d057daa8abd11fa4f6f03bb382.jpeg

shopping

KwonJigglypuff

Got the game a few hours ago thanks to Amazon. It feels a bit.. small sometimes on my original 3DS (didnt have this impression with the demo).

Palutena is so fun to use. Her pole dance taunt is godlike. She looks strong. Mii Gunner is good too.
I'm gonna customize the whole cast of DOA now. And then Conchita Wurst as a Mii Swordwoman.

Jigglypuff is one of the last character to unlock.

David Gregg

Got the game a few hours ago thanks to Amazon. It feels a bit.. small sometimes on my original 3DS (didnt have this impression with the demo).

Palutena is so fun to use. Her pole dance taunt is godlike. She looks strong. Mii Gunner is good too.
I'm gonna customize the whole cast of DOA now. And then Conchita Wurst as a Mii Swordwoman.

Awesome! Yeah I hear the screen is too small especially for 4 player brawl on the original 3DS (even the XL they say it's small). I have an original as well. Not gonna lie I'm really considering getting that limited edition 3DSXL. XD

Malibu

the US version?

KwonJigglypuff

No. It's confirmed we cannot. It's a shame...

Greninja's name in French is "Amphinobi", and he says it ALL the time.
Amphi.. Nobi nobiiiii... AMPHINOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII *dies*

David Gregg

No. It's confirmed we cannot. It's a shame...

Greninja's name in French is "Amphinobi", and he says it ALL the time.
Amphi.. Nobi nobiiiii... AMPHINOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII *dies*

The most ironic part (I looked this up a while back when I didn't know recognize the pokemon) is that the first part of his name is based on grenouille (French for frog). Why they would change it doesn't make a whole lot of sense (although it is clever I have to admit). XD

Do you think we will have the ability to choose Jap voices for US version?

This is one of the few games where I actually like the English version. But to answer your question they didn't have it in Brawl from what I recall so maybe not.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Do you think we will have the ability to choose Jap voices for US version?

Just a heads up that the term "Jap" can be considered offensive towards Japanese, regardless of how lazy you are to type out Japanese or JPN.

Malibu

Just a heads up that the term "Jap" can be considered offensive towards Japanese, regardless of how lazy you are to type out Japanese or JPN.

;/ it'll be offensive if you take it offensively but if it wasnt meant to be offensive i don't see how someone can take offense to it. Not about being lazy, that's how i've always referred to stuff like that i either call it " jap" or Japanese version.

So there was no need to even point that out

This is one of the few games where I actually like the English version. But to answer your question they didn't have it in Brawl from what I recall so maybe not.

Aww man sadface! i only asked because i heard Dark Pit's voice and it was so cool so i was hoping that the option would be there. But it's ok i can do without!

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
If anyone is getting Smash 3DS, be sure to update the game first.

Nintendo is now allowing you to download the patch early on the 3DS eShop, which is available right now!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD