News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Believe me it's not a question of laziness, it's just that I'm not more sure of what topics are allowed and what not, seriously.

any news or rumor regarding doa.

In addition my news is just a rumor that imo is not worthy to get a new thread just for something that neither can't be discussed (after all are just the words of an user)

doesnt stop people from making combo threads

David Gregg

Don't know, what I should make of these rumors. I say to myself, why would this Sean Garcia lie, when he'll look really dumb afterwards, so it could be true. On the other hand, I'm not so sure, because he does nothing to proof his claim, even though he could for example have easily made screenshots. Yes, he might have been afraid of getting into trouble for that. But why then so openly claim, that he hacked the official site? :/

Yes and not that this really means much but he doesn't seem to have any interest in the Rachel design (didn't give it a like during the contest nor has he ever mentioned it before). Sometimes people claiming to know the real info when it's fake tend to pick designs/characters/etc... that they like. So who knows.

Like others have said before though there is a possibility that there will be characters who get more than 1 fan design.

RoboJoe

The only way this guy found new outfits through hacking would be in the form of a screenshot, which he could have saved, but he didn't, because he's a liar.

By the way, I recall TN saying on Twitter that Rachel would have no new hairstyles in LR, so that would be another strike against this "hacker", but I think someone more knowledgeable of TN's Twitter like @Kronin can confirm/deny that.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
By the way, I recall TN saying on Twitter that Rachel would have no new hairstyles in LR, so that would be another strike against this "hacker", but I think someone more knowledgeable of TN's Twitter like @Kronin can confirm/deny that.
No, it was the community manager that said Rachel and Momiji had nothing new in the TGS build.

David Gregg

The only way this guy found new outfits through hacking would be in the form of a screenshot, which he could have saved, but he didn't, because he's a liar.

But then on the flip side like Tyaren said he could get in big trouble posting screenshots (which would confirm he hacked the site) whereas now he could just say he was lying and guessed the new outfits.

So I agree it seems unlikely but it's not impossible.

Boogie

ehhhhhhhhhhh idk someone did leak the halloween costumes before the trailer released...2 years in a row so TN seem to keep images somewhere. i wouldn't put it past them if they did hack but a little bit more proof would've been nice. maybe screencapped a foot or something.

RoboJoe

I'll believe it when I see it and if TN has screenshots of only those two outfits, then it would be likely they're uploading stuff as they need it, so I assume we'll see something soon or not at all.

Kronin

doesnt stop people from making combo threads

It's like I said, I have a different conception and for me is better to discuss a minor topic in a combo thread rather than to create a minor thread fated to be closed after few replies. Of course all this starting from the premises that the combo thread will not become too much dispersive or that the minor thread will not be completely deleted later after being closed.

However I understood now and the next time I will make an apposite thread for similar things, there is no problem.

@RoboJoe it's just like Kodachi said, TN never stated anything about the hairstyles of LR (from what I know).

Last edited:

RetroMe91

I think that guy might just be trolling. I mean he may be trying get attention because he seems to react to everyone's posts and then some...

David Gregg

Designs with less likes have been included in the game and even in this case it was the 2nd most voted Rachel design. Also the part about swan Helena with a white bow is pretty believable.

(just playing devil's advocate here folks XD)

Although if they were going for a more casual look I liked this design more:
981796_520536671383756_9163518987627283473_o.jpg

Shiranui

I hope to see soon if that hacker is telling the truth.

Looking some of his comments in DOA FB page and it looks like he dislikes DOA community.

-DOA community! Its time for a change! Lets get along and stop all this fighting! Lets be classy like the Tekken community! Especially the men on here gay or atraight man up!
-The doa community need there mouths washed out with soap! Team Ninja your fans are cray cray!

-Team Ninja your fans need to be baptised no joke!

-I agree with Joe this is a very demonic community let me put all of you in church seriously!

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Lol, whats going on there? XD I don't really understand, but it seems, they are at each other throats over Rachel's ponytail...?
Is that Emperorcow in the midst of all that? >.>

And what is this supposed to mean:

Please remove the dark circles from the character's eyes... I know they're kinda real, but they awful.

Kronin

Lol, whats going on there? XD I don't really understand, but it seems, they are at each other throats over Rachel's ponytail...?
Is that Emperorcow in the midst of all that? >.>

And what is this supposed to mean:

What means "that Emperorcow"? He has nothing to do with it and personally Emperor is one of the people that is truly active for improving the community, I don't understand because he is often at the center of bashing.

Putting aside the parenthesis, for summarizing an user of FB (not Sean Garcia) claimed to know that Rachel is getting a low ponytail as alternative hairstyle because TN decided to include the design of @TOBMAST3R in the game: for this reason he started to blame Tobi as if he was the responsible of the reason because Rachel will not get the loose hair that him and many other people are asking from so much time.

In addition to the fact that we are again talking of a rumor and that there is no rule that avoid to give to a character more than one additional hairstyle (as some female girls already own), all this doesn't make absolutely sense: the contest was opened to the ideas of everyone and all the fans had the right to send to TN their suggestions of what they would love to see in the game (of course according to their own tastes, I never asked the permission of anyone for the hairstyle suggestions in my Marie Rose's design). At that point the role of the designers end here, and it's the team of developers the one totally in charge to decide what and how include in the game: of course is TN the only responsible of what appear in the game.

I hope to see soon if that hacker is telling the truth.

Looking some of his comments in DOA FB page and it looks like he dislikes DOA community.

By the way he is even one of the people that wanted see the loose hairstyle for Rachel, so I'm not sure if these silly posts have to be considered as en evidence that he is just trolling the DoA fans, or on the opposite that he is serious about this hate for what he discovered.

But in any cases definitely he doesn't appear to me a "smart" person.

Last edited:

Argentus

So people are just wanting tn to copypaste Sarah's hair onto Rachel, like they did for Christie (Lisa's hair) and Eliot (pais hair)?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
What means "that Emperorcow"? He has nothing to do with it and personally Emperor is one of the people that is truly active for improving the community, I don't understand because he is often at the center of bashing.

that's because hes flipping out over this nonsense as well.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Jesus, all of this nonsense over a hairstyle?
Remember these words when TN decides NOT to give you Helena's opera dress in the next DOA game... the one - if I recall - you fought so long and hard to obtain after countless retweets, among others.

That being said, I don't consider your actions nonsense. I am happy you got what YOU wanted. If anyone, I should be the one flipping out... but I choose not to.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD