News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Uh, no. It's one of Pai Chan's customization hairstyles in VF5FS.

Lies, lieees!!!

391406.gif

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I am really curious, as to why they decided to give Eliot new hair (fine, Pai's hair >.>) anyway? I mean, it's incredibly rare for a guy to get extra hair and it is also very close to his default hair. I wonder, if maybe they even felt the same way as I did...that they fucked up. I think, Eliot's default wig is ugly as sin. It looks like he has an egg head and the textures are the worst of every character's hair. Really pixelated, if you look closer. No, actually you don't don't have to look closer at all, you can count the pixels already in the character select.
Or maybe they heard my silent prayers, when I was playing DOA5 vanilla, internally crying, because they made Eliot so ugly. I wasn't on any forum or their Facebook page back then, to annoy Team Ninja about that there, so it must have been telepathy. u.U

I was hoping, TN would make his second hairstyle is default hairstyle for Punk Rock Eliot. I also drew him with that hairstyle in the original design. It's unrulyness fits the punk style much more anyway. In the first appearances of Eliot in the trailer or on pictures, it seemed, as if they indeed made his second hairstyle the default...

15751346347_89113b4f2e_o.jpg

...but Axel told me, when he was playing DOA5LR on Paris Game Week, that the egg head was actually his default hair in character select screen. D: Or that maybe, because of the new customization mode, every character will now have his/her default hair style as the first option. :/

Last edited:

Shiranui

I think they made this new hairstyle because is the one you did in your design. I guess they are giving to some characters (maybe all?) some new hairstyle variations and that's the new one for Eliot. What is weird about that? Brad is getting loose hair.
Do you think Eliot is ugly in DOA5? I couldn't disagree more. He is fine and handsome. A little boy who needs grow up, but quite hot after all.

It is really funny to read some fan complaints. They are so much absorted in their DOA bubble, complaining about that one is ugly, she doesn't have loose hair, she needs more voluminous hair, she needs blue hair, he needs muscles, he/she needs more outfits... That nobody seems realize that DOA is the fighting game with the most beautiful and sexy fighters that exists right now. And one of the best in therms of 3D graphics. But I guess fans will always complain and never feel satisfied, and always will think "I could do it better" xD . What a terrible fate.

Last edited:

Kronin

: Or that maybe, because of the new customization mode, every character will now have his/her default hair style as the first option. :/

I don't see reasons for something similar: in the DoA5U movie section you already see the option window setted differently according to the standard default look of the character for each outfit (for example glasses on that you need to turn off). They used the second hairstyle in the trailer because your design showed Eliot using it, however I agree that if in the intentions of TN that is the default one for the Punk Rock outfit, then it should be the standard even during the selection.

I think they made this new hairstyle because is the one you did in your design. I guess they are giving to some characters (maybe all?) some new hairstyle variations and that's the new one for Eliot. What is weird about that? Brad is getting loose hair.
Do you think Eliot is ugly in DOA5? I couldn't disagree more. He is fine and handsome. A little boy who needs grow up, but quite hot after all.

Shiranui I think that you are misunderstanding casue and effect XD, Eliot's new hairstyle it was already included in DoA5U and Tyaren used it in his design because fond of it. Indeed his dislike it's only adressed to the standard Eliot's hairstyle (personally I prefer it to his second one), not on the overall look of the character.

Shiranui

Shiranui I think that you are misunderstanding casue and effect XD, Eliot's new hairstyle it was already included in DoA5U and Tyaren used it in his design because fond of it. Indeed his dislike it's only adressed to the standard Eliot's hairstyle (personally I prefer it to his second one), not on the overall look of the character.

O_O I was convinced it was a new hairstyle! I never saw it in DOA5U xDDD Sorry then

Kronin

O_O I was convinced it was a new hairstyle! I never saw it in DOA5U xDDD Sorry then

Eliot in DoA5 is the only male that can wear glasses and in DoA5U is the only one to get a second hairstyle. Not sure if this treatment similar to the women charas want be a developers' reference to the usual jokes that see Eliot more close to the feminine gender (even for a kind personality too), but I believe that the fans of all the other male characters would wish similar attention for their favourites XD

Shiranui

Well, Eliot is young and probably is more self_conceited than other male fighters of the game. I don't see anything wrong on that. People tend to say one is gay just because he is not full of muscles and doesn't have an agressive and self-sufficient attitude. What is bullshit, ofc. I know gays more full of muscles than Zangief and with more agressivity than Akuma xD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
@Shiranui, no of course Eliot isn't ugly in DOA5, only his hair is.

I can take no one seriously, who says, his DOA5 hair looks good or better, than his DOA5U hair.

15751438779_a38cf7860f_o.jpg

One looks like from a PS2 game and one looks like an actual PS3 game...

Brute

Standard Donor
Conceited? Eliot? I don't think anyone believes that.

And Eliot is plenty muscular. He just has more of an ectomorphic frame than the base male body in the game.

Anyway, imo, the texture quality is better on his new hair, but the model itself is worse. It looks like some tweaker went apeshit with some scissors and then tried to cover it up with a bunch of women's hairspray. I don't get that feeling on Pai (who I think looks great with it), but I dunno... not really a fan, personally.

Kronin

@Shiranui, no of course Eliot isn't ugly in DOA5, only his hair is.

I can take no one seriously, who says, his DOA5 hair looks good or better, than his DOA5U hair.

15751438779_a38cf7860f_o.jpg

One looks like from a PS2 game and one looks like an actual PS3 game...

Anyway, imo, the texture quality is better on his new hair, but the model itself is worse.

My opinion is the same of Brute, the textures are better on the second hairstyle but personally I like more the model of his first one (in general I put more attention to the structure of the elements rather than on the textures), and even for me this works only for Eliot because to me Pai appear pretty nice with it. Like always just my 2 cents.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
you-are-so-crazy-lol.jpg

The model is much worse too. You can easily count the polygons, that's how blocky it is...

Noctis of FFXV has a very similar hair style to Eliot's by the way:

Naked_Noctis.jpg

Last edited:

Kronin

For model I meant just the shape of the hairstyle, maybe I used the wrong word but I didn't mean anything of technical as the number of polygons. It's uniquely a personal preference, there is nothing more to discuss about XD

CFW

Designs with less likes have been included in the game and even in this case it was the 2nd most voted Rachel design. Also the part about swan Helena with a white bow is pretty believable.

(just playing devil's advocate here folks XD)

Although if they were going for a more casual look I liked this design more:
981796_520536671383756_9163518987627283473_o.jpg

This is honestly my favorite design. Like, I pray every night to G*D to see this in the game.

Boogie

i wish they'd just release a trailer with all the contest costumes that will be included because im biting nails wondering which rig, helena, lisa and zack costumes made it into the game. i'll cry if they give lisa an outfit that belonged to another character when she had plenty of good entries. im also hoping that they all have more than 1 costume from the contest because im still bitter about kokoro's sherlock one.

Argentus

a
you-are-so-crazy-lol.jpg

The model is much worse too. You can easily count the polygons, that's how blocky it is...

Noctis of FFXV has a very similar hair style to Eliot's by the way:

Naked_Noctis.jpg
And Hope.

And Tidus.

its a pretty standard "bishounen"/"pretty boy" hairstyle.

Argentus

All I want in game is @Argentus Mila Costume (With blue hair) and for me to be able to take off Mila's Visor on her C7!
I also wanna take off the visor on her Sports DLC.

And take off her hats on her Pumpkin, Casual, Maid, Nurse, Santa, outfits. Can take hats off C3, Overalls, and Cop dlc, so why the hell not the rest? like with the Cop dlc, being able to take off the hat made the outfit go from "Meh" to "love" almost instantly.

Also thanks lol. I was trying to make a digital version of my submission, but my art skills just arent good enough lol.

MilaBlueWIP.jpg

Lady Tengu

I also wanna take off the visor on her Sports DLC.

And take off her hats on her Pumpkin, Casual, Maid, Nurse, Santa, outfits. Can take hats off C3, Overalls, and Cop dlc, so why the hell not the rest? like with the Cop dlc, being able to take off the hat made the outfit go from "Meh" to "love" almost instantly.

Also thanks lol. I was trying to make a digital version of my submission, but my art skills just arent good enough lol.

View attachment 8101
Right?! But really anything on Mila looks great :). But the ones that fit her PERSONALITY are perfect! That's why I love your costume submission

Looks great to me! I would love to see it in game!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD