News Team NINJA Costume Contest

synce

Eager to see what Japan has in store... I remember Min Naraken tweeted some DOA art and tons of other great artists are fans

Hope there's like a dozen winners, would love to see lots of original costumes

Chapstick

This may be a little pessimistic, but what do you suppose the chances are for a non-Kasumi design winning? :/ I think something for another character would have to be REALLY amazing to win over a meh Kasumi design considering the favoritism. Anything could happen though.

A lot of times with outfit contests, the winner gets released for free. Hope that's the case here.

Number 13

This may be a little pessimistic, but what do you suppose the chances are for a non-Kasumi design winning? :/ I think something for another character would have to be REALLY amazing to win over a meh Kasumi design considering the favoritism. Anything could happen though.

A lot of times with outfit contests, the winner gets released for free. Hope that's the case here.
TN did this before with DoA 4 and these were the winners I believe

7174490074_09a1acc05b_c.jpg

7174488988_fb4237983b_c.jpg

Don't assume whoever makes a pretty Kasumi costume means they automatically won.

ninjaguy446

I'll definitely attempt to draw a Helena dress. Sounds like fun! Too bad it's one entry per person though. Can't wait to see what others come up with.

Chapstick

TN did this before with DoA 4 and these were the winners I believe

7174490074_09a1acc05b_c.jpg

7174488988_fb4237983b_c.jpg

Don't assume whoever makes a pretty Kasumi costume means they automatically won.
I remember that. It's just this is dlc and I think they're only picking 1 design. Kasumi's gotten a crapload of DLC so far with the favoritism and I don't see it stopping now.

The characters other than Kasumi I can see winning are Ayane, Momiji, and Marie Rose. Possibly Rachel. I'd love to be wrong though with someone like Bayman or Leon getting one, like I said anything could happen.

Number 13

I remember that. It's just this is dlc and I think they're only picking 1 design. Kasumi's gotten a crapload of DLC so far with the favoritism and I don't see it stopping now.
The favortism is the by-product of being the main character/poster-girl of the DoA series. Of course she will get a bunch of spotlight from that alone. That doesn't mean it has any relevance to this contest especially when there is gonna be a wide variety of costume submissions.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The favortism is the by-product of being the main character/poster-girl of the DoA series. Of course she will get a bunch of spotlight from that alone. That doesn't mean it has any relevance to this contest especially when there is gonna be a wide variety of costume submissions.
I imagine a bunch of her fans put in Move Suggestions before DOA5. I put in my move suggestions for Bass, knowing there wouldn't be many submissions to choose from, and they were accepted.

Chapstick

Be my guest and gloat about how I was wrong on my profile once the contest has a winner if it's someone other than Kasumi. But my pessimism leads me to believe the poster girl would be the one to win, with her huge fanbase (remember who's submitting AND voting on the outfits?) and TN liking her so much.

Number 13

Be my guest and gloat about how I was wrong on my profile once the contest has a winner if it's someone other than Kasumi. But my pessimism leads me to believe the poster girl would be the one to win, with her huge fanbase (remember who's submitting AND voting on the outfits?) and TN liking her so much.
You do realize depending on how the voting is handled it can hinder Kasumi with vote-splitting right? If anything numerous designs will be her downfall.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD